Neil Mc Anulty

Additional service opportunity
« on: January 30, 2006, 10:12:08 am »
Hi All
I have been in talks with a manufacturer of peelable paint which will protect galss during the construction process. At the minute they are selling the product to the builders direct but I have suggested selling it to contract cleaners/ Window cleaners exclusively enabling them to provide the service to builders as part of builders initial clean.
This will not be a franchise, however a  membership fee will be charged but the idea is at an early stage and I  need a fair amont of interest to keep the company.
My e-mail is nrcs@hotmail.co.uk

Cheers
Neil
Ps there are also similar products available for protecting all kinds of surfaces for different types of industries so the potential is great

DP

Re: Additional service opportunity
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 05:22:33 pm »
A little confused. Aren’t contract cleaners/window cleaners mainly involved at the end of construction, ie when most of the risks (and reason for protection) have ended.

I do realise that some contract cleaners with direct relationships with builders may be involved very early in projects, but would not have thought these would be your ideal market.

Membership fee, what would this be for?

Cant quite see it with the groups you are aiming for, but perhaps I am  mistaken.
Everyone seems normal untill you get to know them!

Neil Mc Anulty

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2006, 06:19:47 pm »
Hi DP
Yes Cleaners are normally involved at the end of the clean but this is an opportunity to add an enhanced extra service to the builders.
At the end of a builders clean your objective is to leave the property in a showroom condition and as far as windows are concerned to leave them with as little scratches as possible.
Personally I am tired walking away from properties where there is badly damaged glass and do try to avoid the new owner (even though it is not my fault) where I should be using this opportunity to sell my other sevices to the new owner.

Also this product is catching on and greatly reduces the amount of labour involved in the final clean therefore there will be a significant loss of turnover to contract cleaners.

As far as the membership goes this would contribute to promotion of the service to national contractors and training and administration aswell as keeping the product exclusive.

I hope this clears up the confusion

Cheers
Neil

Neil Mc Anulty

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2006, 06:07:29 pm »
We now have literature ready for anybody looking to have a read.
If you are interested please leave name and address to nrcs@hotmail.co.uk
Cheers
Neil

poles apart

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2006, 07:49:49 pm »
I think you really need to target architects and get them to specify the product, also upvc manufacturers.

niceandclean

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2006, 07:56:23 pm »
There is actually a film out on the market, its like a shrink wrap that builders put on the glass when they are being installed. Some big window companies that supply the windows to the builders put this on as part of the deal.

Neil Mc Anulty

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2006, 02:02:31 pm »
Hi Niceandclean
Yes there is a plastic film but in some cases it is causing problems with the glue residue being left and have you ever tried applying it on your own on a windy day to windowsapprox 12 ftX 6.

Not a nice experience.

Poles Apart
I will be targeting architects but I have been showing it to builders that I do initial cleans for anyway and there has been 100% positive feedback so far.
Not too many products will do this

Cheers
Neil

niceandclean

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2006, 06:28:20 pm »
Id be quite interested in this product as we supply and install windows to small building companies.

Neil Mc Anulty

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2006, 08:16:30 pm »
Hi nice and clean
This would be a perfect add on for you. You can also apply the product at your premises so you do not have to bear the elements on site. 8)
Send your address to nrcs@hotmail.co.uk and I will have some info sent.

Cheers
Neil

G & M

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2006, 12:07:56 am »
Hi Neil, we are interested in finding out about this paint (always looking for add ons)
Cheers Michael G&M
           hickeys45@yahoo.ie