vivaro 013

were the weather improving
« on: December 05, 2010, 09:06:12 am »
the met forcast for the  northeast darlington area uptill thursdays minus, then a slight improvement plus 2
what forecast in yout area

Klean07

Re: were the weather improving
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 09:14:34 am »
Just had a look at ours in West Midlands and tomorrow its -3 all day then Tues and wednesday -1 with an an improvement for Thursday. I never worked 1 day last week so hopefully I'll be able to start back in morning.
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 09:19:08 am »
weather says sunny where i am for the next few days,  ;D

but it will rain it always does

gr cleaning solutions

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 09:37:27 am »
yes it does seem warmer outside today in darlington hopefully it stays like this and i can get out tomorrow and get some work done only did 4hrs last week

dai

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2010, 06:15:29 pm »
Sunny for me tomorrow 3 to 5 degrees, thats in Conwy.

Newannaive

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2010, 06:17:25 pm »
still 2ft of snow but want to get back tomw!! cabin fever!!!!  :P :'(

JSMC

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2010, 06:21:49 pm »
when ye go off the main roads it's a nightmare up here

mci services

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2010, 06:27:54 pm »
its going to take weeks to clear of snow up here, best daytime temp tomorrow is -3

and my road still looks like this

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2010, 06:29:52 pm »
 :'( :'( :'(

Paul Coleman

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2010, 06:34:04 pm »
Looks like things are improving a bity in the southeast.  Daytime temperatures a bit above zero for the next week.  Still minus numbers overnight though.
I did a fairly large job today, the bulk of which was a cladding and window clean on a block of offices.
Normally I drive down the slope and just do it.  Today I checked first and had doubts about whether I could get back up the slope as there was ice on it.  I had already loaded a second reel just in case.  So I worked from the top of the hill from a distance of about 150 metres by daisychaining the hosereels.  Was a bit more faffing about than usual but I'm glad I did it as I might still be there now.  Well used roads seem OK but little used minor roads are still tricky and best to avoid unless totally it's not hilly.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2010, 06:36:51 pm »
Blimet Stu Mac.  That looks a bit grim.  It's how things were around here a few days ago (and may be again if the forecasters are wrong).  It must be awful getting no respite from it at all.
You'd think the licensing fee would get a snow plough or two.

mci services

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2010, 06:41:45 pm »
Blimet Stu Mac.  That looks a bit grim.  It's how things were around here a few days ago (and may be again if the forecasters are wrong).  It must be awful getting no respite from it at all.

the main roads are all actually running well and are clear, the side roads on the other hand are a nightmare, the  schools are reopening tomorrow so there is hope.

I went up to my dads earlier and there cars abandoned everywhere >:(

Paul Coleman

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2010, 07:08:22 pm »

the main roads are all actually running well and are clear, the side roads on the other hand are a nightmare, the  schools are reopening tomorrow so there is hope.

It was only Thursday morning when I actually got stuck in a side road on totally flat ground.
Since then I've had two new tyres on the drive wheels (the old ones were only just legal) to get more traction.  I did have a bag of grit in the back for customers' paths but used some of it to get unstuck.  Without the grit I would have had a big problem.  I now have a borrowed shovel in the back too.
On the plus side, no customers have been phoning to ask me where I've got to  :)

rg1

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2010, 07:14:04 pm »

It was only Thursday morning when I actually got stuck in a side road on totally flat ground.
Since then I've had two new tyres on the drive wheels (the old ones were only just legal) to get more traction.  I did have a bag of grit in the back for customers' paths but used some of it to get unstuck.  Without the grit I would have had a big problem.  I now have a borrowed shovel in the back too.
On the plus side, no customers have been phoning to ask me where I've got to  :)

That's cos they don't require your services any longer :)
The pen is mightier than the sword (and a lot easier to write with!)

Ross G

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2010, 07:25:07 pm »

Just watched the prog "Frozen Scotland" earlier, ;D they had the forecast on at the end and cor blimey they said temps of 7 above by Friday 

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2010, 08:42:05 pm »
its a ok in wrexham  ;D ;D ;D
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2010, 09:42:08 pm »
It looked ok when I watched, 'Krakatoa, East of Java' this afternoon.  If anything a little too warm, perhaps.

Take suncream to be on the safe side.

vivaro 013

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2010, 09:52:00 pm »
mets forecast says minus 4 allday tomorrow in darlington area

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2010, 09:59:03 pm »
Face it, guys, you're not going to earn much this week either.

But I'm alright, I just won £4m on the National Lottery!  ;D

Not.

bad trippy

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2010, 10:16:16 pm »
Its ok here, bit damp and not all that warm, will get a full day in tomorrow unless it rains heavy
www.clearviewbristol.co.uk
Add me on Facebook clear view window cleaning

Frankybadboy

« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2010, 10:24:46 pm »
its going to take weeks to clear of snow up here, best daytime temp tomorrow is -3

and my road still looks like this

at least your garden looks the same as everyone elses now.lol ;D ;D ;D ;D

mci services

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2010, 10:36:29 pm »
forecast for snow all day tomorrow as well now :'( I spent 30 minutes tonight helping a neighbour get on his drive, my hands were numb by the time we finished.

Ross G

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2010, 10:38:52 pm »

sheeet big Judith on the forecast says it's going to snow tonight and will make for an interesting rush hour, are you gonna go for it tomorrow Stu ?

mci services

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2010, 10:49:11 pm »

sheeet big Judith on the forecast says it's going to snow tonight and will make for an interesting rush hour, are you gonna go for it tomorrow Stu ?

I was in Colington last night Ross and I don't fancy your chances of getting anywhere :o heavy forecast for embra, I am going to have a bash at some commercial and some bungalows with neat screen wash if I can get parked any way near them

Ross G

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2010, 10:56:27 pm »

yeah the parking's the issue no side streets cleared (had a wee recce today) might have to do the same and go for bungalows poss trad, even a lazy numpty like me is losing the will to sit in the hoose allday again.

best of luck to you :)

mci services

« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2010, 11:01:39 pm »

yeah the parking's the issue no side streets cleared (had a wee recce today) might have to do the same and go for bungalows poss trad, even a lazy numpty like me is losing the will to sit in the hoose allday again.

best of luck to you :)

aye same good luck don't think I can handle another day in :D even if I earn a 1/4 days wage it will be better than nothing