lovewindows

Rates for supermarkets
« on: November 12, 2010, 11:16:07 am »
Quoting on a massive supermarket, job should take me about 4hrs so i would usually look for about £120 ish, but not sure wether i should go cheaper to get the job.
Whats your thoughts lads & lasses ?. Also what frequency do they usually go for.   
dont look who's to blame, look how to fix it. anon

Perfect Windows

Re: Rates for supermarkets
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 11:23:23 am »
Quoting on a massive supermarket, job should take me about 4hrs so i would usually look for about £120 ish, but not sure wether i should go cheaper to get the job.
Whats your thoughts lads & lasses ?. Also what frequency do they usually go for.   

Charge an amount that you will be happy to take in February when it's sleeting horizontally at you.

If they turn you down, console yourself that you won't have to go out in the sleet to do it.  Win it, and you'll be being paid enough for it to be worthwhile.

Vin

rg1

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 12:53:13 pm »
I think if you go in with a quote of about £2.50 you won't be far out and they may even accept it unless someone comes in with a cheaper quote.

My point is, most of them want it done for next to nothing ;)
The pen is mightier than the sword (and a lot easier to write with!)

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 12:56:26 pm »
is it a chain store, as am suprised that u got chance to quote,  r u quoting for them direct or for someone else,  who cant be bothered to go look at it

weetot

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2010, 02:42:35 pm »
I think if you go in with a quote of about £2.50 you won't be far out and they may even accept it unless someone comes in with a cheaper quote.

My point is, most of them want it done for next to nothing ;)

Quote of the year.
Give that man a cigar.
Spot on!
Never take financial advice from people who have no money!

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2010, 03:21:44 pm »
You would lucky to get more than £20 for any supermarket, whatever the size

tacky

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2010, 03:31:17 pm »
might b worth finding out how often they want it done .
 if its every month i would go in a bit lower to make sure i got the job ,to me £80 -£90 pounds every month rain or shine .4 hours work is a bonus .but at that price u would b under cut up the valleys .

mlscontractcleaner

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2010, 03:32:08 pm »
We'll do it for £15 ;D
Come and talk dirty to us!!!

lovewindows

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2010, 03:41:31 pm »
Cheers lads i get the picture, quote it cheap, i had a feeling thats why the last fella left it.
dont look who's to blame, look how to fix it. anon

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2010, 03:49:07 pm »
Cheers lads i get the picture, quote it cheap, i had a feeling thats why the last fella left it.

he might of had a good price, but then they want more for less, so some times it is best to leave

i know bloke who did a restuarant for £15 and was under cut to £5, some times it isnt worth doing

Perfect Windows

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2010, 04:15:34 pm »

If you want my advice (and many on here don't like this one so I await bombardment) forget how much they want it for; quote what you want to do it, otherwise you end up with a job you're going to loathe doing.  If you don't get it, so be it.  Utilise the time you would have wasted doing an underpriced job to get another properly priced customer.

Vin

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2010, 04:53:31 pm »

If you want my advice (and many on here don't like this one so I await bombardment) forget how much they want it for; quote what you want to do it, otherwise you end up with a job you're going to loathe doing.  If you don't get it, so be it.  Utilise the time you would have wasted doing an underpriced job to get another properly priced customer.

Vin

Agree with this. Get ya self out into the country & canvass some stately homes! Proper money, not peanuts! ;)

weetot

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2010, 05:07:24 pm »

Vin

I also agree with this statement.  I did 5 Morrisons stores per week at around £45 per store.  Don't do any now, but I've heard the new guys are gettin' around £18-20 per store, that includes signing in/out and a signature at the end of the clean.
  Your better off doing domestic work. ::)
Never take financial advice from people who have no money!

C.C.S.

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2010, 05:11:59 pm »
You would lucky to get more than £20 for any supermarket, whatever the size
i do one £95 per week.very good earner.i wish i had a couple more

the bfg

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2010, 05:19:06 pm »
I think you will need to offer them a buy one get one free for each window cleaned  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

lee09

« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2010, 05:25:53 pm »
I think you will need to offer them a buy one get one free for each window cleaned  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
So last year now, these days it's buy one get two free ;D

aallshine

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2010, 05:34:32 pm »
clean 3 windows and pay for 2.....better way... ;D ;D ;D

jsm

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2010, 05:34:43 pm »
if it helps , i used to get £35 to do asda queensferry superstore !!!!
John Malone
JSM. Window & General Cleaning
(  North Wales  )
Giving homes a shine sicne 1989

one of the early gang of wfp er's ---- remember , when you cant see out - give JSM a shout

clearlyclean

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2010, 06:29:18 pm »
Price it up for what you WANT and see what happens,

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2010, 06:35:09 pm »
if it helps , i used to get £35 to do asda queensferry superstore !!!!
you got a free breakfast fr the maccy dees
some people n their greed  ;D ;D ;D
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."