vivaro 013

upvc discolouration
« on: June 21, 2010, 06:31:37 pm »
does anbody no of a company working out of wakefield which deals with discolured upvc ie gone pink
might be called global

wezzy32

Re: upvc discolouration
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 10:32:04 pm »
u cant do much with it if its gone pink apart from change it or paint it
keep on smiling

Proclean ne

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 11:12:45 pm »
Only global i know of is Global Conservatory roofs.As for going pink(some plastics did made in certain yrs) if its a small area try some stuff i have if you local to me you can try some.Just done a window frame stained from boiler flue frame was black over yrs nothing would take stains off until used the stuff I have got. strong stuff to use works but not for large areas would take ages.

Small but perfectley formed

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 06:45:32 am »
Try,a,test,patch,with,cream,cleaner.
Spit and polish

kevinc

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2010, 10:12:30 pm »
hi vivaro,its called premier pink,some sections in the frame are beige/pink or sometimes all the frame is pink,this was due to a pvc mix mis sold to the window companies,to cure this the only way is to either spray paint them white again(which i beleive premier did and nearly bust them)or simply re-new,no amount of scrubbing will cure this,intresting though that the frames in constant sunlight stay white because the sun will bleach them,sad but intresting?if you took a window frame from the uk or europe to say the bahamas it would turn slightly blue in colour(its down to where you live in regards to the equator)thats where premier cocked up buying a cheap pvc mix which shouldn't have been used for europe -different strenghts of sunlight

Tom White

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2010, 10:17:51 pm »
hi vivaro,its called premier pink,some sections in the frame are beige/pink or sometimes all the frame is pink,this was due to a pvc mix mis sold to the window companies,to cure this the only way is to either spray paint them white again(which i beleive premier did and nearly bust them)or simply re-new,no amount of scrubbing will cure this,intresting though that the frames in constant sunlight stay white because the sun will bleach them,sad but intresting?if you took a window frame from the uk or europe to say the bahamas it would turn slightly blue in colour(its down to where you live in regards to the equator)thats where premier cocked up buying a cheap pvc mix which shouldn't have been used for europe -different strenghts of sunlight

That was an interesting post, thanks, but I'm feeling like a bit of a sad case for finding it interesting.

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2010, 10:40:18 pm »
P V C discolouration is a sign of recycled PVC It was popular to recycled at one time to cut costs but the results were poor to say the least.

Clean-Tech

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2010, 11:07:12 pm »
A company in Nottingham called Biokil Crown (Tel 0115 9460060) do a chemical called Silexiclean. It is a two part application, not cheap but does restore PVC-U back to new like condition. Including removing pinking. Caution when using this product wear gauntlet gloves, mask, & goggles. Biokil Crown also do an excellant Conservatory cleaner, ideal when using WFP on coservatory roofs.