*paul_moss

Vinyl floor
« on: May 20, 2008, 07:45:30 pm »
Looking at cleaning and finishing a school vinyl floor. Anybody give tips on the best value products on the market at the moment for stripping and finishing.
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

carpet guy

Re: Vinyl floor
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 07:59:13 pm »
Might be worth calling ARPAL in Selkirk

arpal.co.uk

David Ware

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 08:05:07 pm »
Give chemspec a call.
David Ware

elliott cleaning

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 09:10:33 pm »
What percentage of your sales price do you anticipate in spending on chemicals? Imagine it would be relatively low. So is a cut price cleaner that important or would a more time effective & better finish product be acceptable?

*paul_moss

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2008, 09:16:26 pm »
Paul Im looking for an answer not another question.
Hence best value products.
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk

Derek_Walker

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 09:17:37 am »
Paul, I use the Pioneer eclipse range from Amtech UK. They have a good range of products which I find give really good results. I use wonderglo for area's that do not get maintained very often as this gives a good finish which is hard wearing. They also supply other products which  are designed to be buffed on a regular basis.

nick p

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2008, 12:12:25 pm »
i use evans products get good results every time

Len Gribble

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2008, 07:10:41 pm »
Paul

I go a long with Derek I also recommended them to two mates who are school caretakers.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

elliott cleaning

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2008, 08:35:33 pm »
I see replies recommending products from different suppliers but are they good value products as Paul asked.
What price do these products come in at including dilution rates?

Len Gribble

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2008, 07:13:36 pm »
Elliott

I think what I apply are of good value anyway customer is paying for it, even down to washing the applicator and p&p

Sealer/polish dilution rates?

On one job stripper tried 3 different makes called the company whose product customer used long and drawn out it did not work.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

*paul_moss

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2008, 09:57:59 pm »
Did the job tonight, it was a school corridoor in vinyl grey tiles.

I ended up using Xcalibre kit by Solutions.

Very, very impresed by the result as was the head master. I have got to say that the stripper/degreaser was amazing, I let it sit in for a few mins then scrubbed with a black pad and rinsed out with the truckmount,the difference was like night and day. It dried quite quick an thn I applied 2 coats of high gloss coating, it looked like glass when I had finished.
The rest of the school is wood and he wants a quote for that now.

Well pleased  ;D
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk

stevegunn

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2008, 09:59:29 pm »
You back in the solutions camp?

*paul_moss

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2008, 10:06:56 pm »
Steve as you well know I belong to no camp. I use product from any company that  i find does the best job.

You made a comment a few days ago about LTT lazy leather ( I dont care who supplies it as long as I can sell it and make money from it)

Totally agree with those comments as mine are the same. Between the lines I know what you are saying  ;), my view is, that was yesterday an now its time to move on. :)
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk

Joe H

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2008, 07:19:31 am »
Totally agree with those comments as mine are the same. Between the lines I know what you are saying  ;), my view is, that was yesterday an now its time to move on. :)

Thats the way Paul, and because of your attitude now you have the benefit of a supply of good quality floor maintenance products.......
and of course their new carpet protector..........
 plus any other product that comes along.

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2008, 08:11:09 am »
Paul

I'm glad you and Judy have kissed an made up. :-* ;D

Profit before pride.

Mike

stevegunn

« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2008, 08:22:38 am »
Steve as you well know I belong to no camp. I use product from any compan that find does the best job.

You made a comment a few days ago about LTT lazy leather ( I dont care who supplies it as long as I can sell it and make money from it)

Unfortunately hell would have to freeze over before I went down that road again,that are plenty of good suppliers out there.

Joe H

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2008, 08:53:25 am »
In the bigger picture  ....... lifes too short and any problem we are part of is too insignificant.

and life would be better if people could just say "sorry" even when they are right ........................ after all the customer is always right (even when they are wrong) ........ right?

and yes there are other good products out there..... but what if you miss out on just one product which is best in its field ....... wherever it comes from.      I dont want to miss out..... do you.

Len Gribble

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2008, 09:29:12 am »
Paul

So you haven’t tried Pioneer eclipse ???

Joe

“one product which is best in its field”  :o are you on a wind-up.  :D

Len

Joe H

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2008, 10:42:40 am »
I think we are all looking for that "one product which is best in its field ....... wherever it comes from"

but chances are another comes along soon after  .... and thats really good cause technology is moving forward all the time.

so what I am saying, Len, is I (and you) want to be able to get hold of that product no matter what source it comes from .......................... and falling out with people big time may hinder that.

Len Gribble

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2008, 09:09:42 pm »
Joe

With respect I’ve done miles and miles of hard floors and used most makes, what’s so special that I don’t want to miss out on. (Specially formulated by our R&D and innovation ???)

“and falling out with people big time may hinder that”. Meaning what  ???

There are a few companies around who will never ever see nor get my money, don’t think I cut my nose to spite my face (wife still love the money I bring in ;D)

Len