*paul_moss

Hand tool for upholstery
« on: April 15, 2008, 08:17:14 pm »
Tried the drimaster hand tool after a long lay off as the CRF has been used for most of the time over the last 2 years. Strange because I now like it better than before, so using it all the time now.
When I was porty I used to love using the Kleenrite swivel  head hand upholstery tool ( still the best on the market in my view but does not work as well on a truck, but brill with a porty. I know Shaun is into the Prochem upholstery tool with a glide, but what is every body else using at the moment?
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

Shaun_Ashmore

Re: Hand tool for upholstery
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 08:28:52 pm »
Paul I think the PC is simular to a Kleenrite in many ways but made for a TM.

I got mine from Greenie for about £220 to my door.

Shaun

PS hows the van?

*paul_moss

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 08:32:54 pm »
Sorted now. The AA could not solve the problem and got me home. Two hours latr im back on the road. A wire was out of the immobiliser  :(, I had to find it myself.
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 08:51:38 pm »
A couple of years ago my alarm went off on my van as I was travelling and teh police stopped me and booked me for having a two tone alarm sounding while vehicle was moving (replicating an emergency vehicle so he said!)

To get rid of the noise I got out my hammer and hit it but he did have a bit of a look on his face!

Shaun

mark shannon

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2008, 09:06:57 pm »
I use the CFR but have not used the  other tools mentioned great tool once your muscles adjust.

Karl Wildey

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2008, 08:39:06 am »
seems that the only uphol tools worth a mention are dri master, prochems and kleenrite

Joe H

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2008, 08:46:07 am »
you missed the CFR as Mark as mentioned

M.Acorn

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2008, 09:16:09 am »
 I use the Prochem tool .Been looking at the hydramaster tool ,how does it work w/out a trigger ? does the vac create a vacume which opperates some sort of pressure switch ? or is it on all the time ?
Anyone else use one are they as good as they say they are ?
What goes around comes around

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2008, 09:54:01 am »
I was having a good look at the CFR handtool at Carpex and I thought it was most impressive. But of course there is a lot of sales spin there as well.

So what are it's good points and what are its bad points as I would rather know about them before I decide to buy it so that I am upto speed on the negatives before fining out for myself when I get it?

Many thanks in advance for considered replies.

Roger
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

Joe H

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2008, 10:06:36 am »
CFR
Lets get the bad point out of the way - its weight, but there again it is robust.

Good points,
smooth finish - not had any snagging.
head easyily replaced with another type ie wider
can get at jet easy to change/replace.
efficient

I got mine tohgether with 25' hide-a-hose so good when working around upholstery - again no solution hose to snag/get stuck.

gwrightson

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2008, 02:01:10 pm »
but you dont need a jet with a dri master :)

simply clean filter regularly, feeler gauge in spray slot regularly and ,off you go

only ever taken apart once in 3 years " 2 minute job"  to clear debris from vac hose

Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

mark shannon

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2008, 03:51:26 pm »
CFR

GOOD Interchangeable jets,  Three choices of heads i only have 3"& 5" but i think
7 available, Drying times

BAD Initially uncomfortable, expensive, uses a lot of water.

C.C.S.

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2008, 05:36:02 pm »
mark of got the 7.5 hand tool "cfr" had it for about a year, a must for stairs & the backs of suites, you can clean them in half the time ;D good investment, i have the other two also. C.C.S.

mark shannon

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2008, 08:38:05 pm »
Thanks i may invest in yhe 7" in near future what jet do you use on stairs?

Mark

C.C.S.

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2008, 05:16:56 pm »
mark, it has a jet fitted to it about 3 inch's long, held in by 2 fitting screws. C.C.S.

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2008, 02:37:31 pm »
Thanks for the replies guys.

Roger
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

des

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2008, 06:45:12 pm »
geoff can you explain the way you clean your drimaster as i have one and did not know you could do this .Also with mine you use a lot of water so i turn it down but then i wonder if im putting down enough water to clean upholstery Des ???
des at mister clean