Steve Chapman

Re: CCDO for sale
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2008, 08:59:19 pm »
does that mean you've done yourself out of £2500 worth of cleaning as well  ;)

oops  ;D

steve

Joe H

« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2008, 09:05:51 pm »
He got himself a contract for £7500 a year - not bad

lands

« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2008, 09:37:36 pm »
Joe and Steve,

Your not concentrating, the £2500 is the budget for the year. I'll be covering listening skills in my session (in fact thats what its based on).

Chris

I still feel there is merit on the comparison between M/S and detergents as it's by and large an unknown difference. You sorted your presentation yet? I need to proof read to see id it stands up ;D

Joe H

« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2008, 10:35:31 pm »
Joe and Steve,

Your not concentrating, the £2500 is the budget for the year. I'll be covering listening skills in my session (in fact thats what its based on).
Pete
I read it again,you gonna have to explain.

« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2008, 12:57:55 am »
Joe is correct .................... even though i have 'done myself' out of £2.5k ........................ the concept of a company saving money, on the annual cleaning budget, has lead to another job on a similar but slightly smaller scale  :-X

I can market my service as green and money saving  ;D

Pete,
Give me exact time allowed and i will put words to paper to fill it  ::)

Jason Hedges

« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2008, 03:17:02 am »
Joe is correct .................... even though i have 'done myself' out of £2.5k ........................ the concept of a company saving money, on the annual cleaning budget, has lead to another job on a similar but slightly smaller scale  :-X

I can market my service as green and money saving  ;D

I understand what you're saying Chris,

You're saving the customer money by offering a clean that re-soils over a longer period. Thus only having to clean 3 times a year instead of 4 (in theory).

As well as this promoting a cleaner working environment.

Sounds good to me, forget the short term losses. Look to the long term (as you are) and the gains are there to be had.

Still need to be convinced on the m-power thing, Trevor Woodman who ran the ccdo last year swore by it, I dont doubt him at all. Said he got excellent results and believe him.

Perhaps its a t/m thing. Since buying one cant be bothered to use anything other than spray down, slight dwell (possible agitation if bad enough) and extract with tremendous heat and pressure giving excellent results.

I'm however open minded and will look at other methods ;)

Looking forward to talking to you on the ccdo ;D

All the best,
Jason.

Joe H

« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2008, 07:26:04 am »
People often say the resoiling issue has not been proven but one of my customers had TM cleaning done 4 times a year at their offices ........... i now do the carpets with HWE or LM (where appropriate) and apart from the fact the new methods results were noticed by all .......... the carpets are now done every 4 months.
Very happy that i have saved them 25% on their annual carpet cleaning budget ............ that is about £2500 a year, story is mentioned in upcoming Cleaning Matters issue ........... you can't miss it  ;)
Maybe its the way what Chris said is being viewed by us readers.
I view it as he was NOTdoing the TM job 4 times a year at a cost of £10000 to the company.
He gets an opportunity to do the job with his machine, presume portable and/or LM, and they like it.
Because of the quality of his clean - needs only doing 3 times per year, thus a saving of £2500 pa to the company and £7500 in Chris pocket.

lands

« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2008, 08:12:53 am »
Ha ha ha. What a Pratt I am. It was me that read it wrong sorry.

« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2008, 08:29:10 am »
Not used a TM on carpet tiles for a long time but i do remember it was never as easy as whizzing round with Charly pads ........... and the workers in office noticed the clean when i had done it .......... office manager said that it had not been commented on in the previous 4-5 years.

Depending on time of year, offices are sometimes being used at weekends as accountants base....... so it does not get in the way of normal running for skeleton staff with noise, moisture and security on unmanned reception.

The concept sold my service to the office manger and the results keep the contract  ;)

ps .............. Apologies for ....

Paul Redden Countryfresh

Re: CCDO for sale attn Gary J
« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2008, 07:00:47 pm »
I'll start then.

Fantastic open jetted Ashby's stainless steel hand tool. Ideal for upholstery and stairs. Used about 5 times.
Cost about 95.00, still under warrenty. First half decent offer and it's yours, or will swop for similar closed faced tool, will pay the extra cash

Gary I have  a closed jet hand tool from Ashbys bought last autumn and used about four times jet is enclosed in the vac slot..fancy a swop?

Cheers paul
"So basically its a big vax!"