*paul_moss

Cinema seats
« on: May 08, 2007, 09:51:58 am »
Any body done cinema seats and i mean trashed ones that have not been cleaned for 10 years  ???.

What prices did you charge and how long to clean.
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

Liahona

Re: Cinema seats
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 10:11:16 am »
Paul, funny you should ask as I have just done some.   Trouble with your question is it is a bit vague in that there ar so many different varieties of types of seats. 

If they are 10 years old then they might be velvet, natural fibre, probably not but a velvet nevertheless.

Do they have folding arms or fixed arms or no arms at all.  Oh and how many are there?

Anyway, I charged £15 per chair and there were 80 of them so it wasnt too bad for a days work.  More to the point it wasnt too bad for cleaning "things" I hate cleaning.

Other than that, charge per hour for what you want and then it doesnt matter. 

Best, Dave.

garyfindlay

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 01:18:40 pm »
what method did you use?

Liahona

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2007, 01:27:43 pm »
Gary, hwe, despite what some will think it is still the best way to clean most any fabric.  Best, Dave.

cleanability

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2007, 02:24:36 pm »
Dave ! You're saying you got payed £1200 for a days work?????????? How many people was this for?

Chris

Liahona

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2007, 03:03:19 pm »
Gary, not sure what you mean about how many people was this for?

Paul, give me a ring I might be able to help more over the phone.

Best, Dave.

cleanability

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2007, 03:17:20 pm »
Dave you're saying you got payed £1200 for one days work. How many people did the cinema seats. Was that 1 person to do the whole job in one day and get payed £1200?

Chris

Len Gribble

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2007, 01:43:38 am »
Dave

I think he is asking how many helpers did you have.

Chris

It is achievable one person, but would say not an every day occurrence in commercial unless you target them, by and by think Dave said 80 seats methinks private cinema!

Len 
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Ian Rochester

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2007, 05:59:46 am »
Bloody hell!!!

I wish I could get anywhere near £15  for a cinema seat, when I first started out I did our local cinema and charged them £3.00/seat and they baulked at that!!

Liahona

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2007, 07:42:09 am »
Len is quite correct (again) that this is or was achievable in one day with one person, me.   He is also correct that this was a private cinema. 

I didn't take pictures for legal reasons but enclosed are some cinema seats I cleaned last year and charged £175 per seat or chair however you want it termed.  There were 12 of them and also completed in a day. 

Best, Dave.

The other pictures are of a repair I had to do where the chairs had been fitted in the wrong place.

It wasn't the sparky's fault it was the client changing their minds to the positioning.

Which is why the client was paying to have it repaired as opposed to the sparks paying for it.

To save you asking the repair I charged £600 per repair.  There were two repairs.

Before you all jump over what and how I do things.  The carpet was a one off design specially for this cinema room.  I don't know how much it cost but the rumour was over a thousand pounds a yard.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Liahona

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2007, 07:46:58 am »
and these

PaulKing

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2007, 07:54:21 am »
let face it they are having a cinema built just for them, and thats not going to be coppers, reckon thats what called pricing for the market, spot on keep it up. what did you do for the rest of the week? have a nice rest or maybe just one more day?
www.revitaclean.com  established 1968 in Newcastle Upon Tyne

Neil Grainger

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2007, 08:13:29 am »
Dave,

Plays in his own market that demands top job for top dollar, Different level to your average rich person.

On the flip side of this would you not all want to be earning £100 per hour plus, I dont see this as overcharging because of the service you are offering.

Running your own business costs money and earning £25 per hour just does'nt make it worthwhile in my mind. With all the costs and effort needed to turn it into success.

Keep it up dave, Hope I get to your level in a few years.

Cheers

Neil

bennymon

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2007, 01:08:50 pm »
well done dave keep it up .i seem to have trouble with the chat and the front for getting the big jobs thats where dave has it sorted. but i went to do a quote 2 years ago in a care home it was 51 bedrooms 7 halls 7 communal rooms 2 entrance halls and a large tv/dinning room they said we want you top start now and it has to be done within 2 days.  i done it in 2 days  price £4,200  :) :) :)

PaulKing

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2007, 06:46:12 pm »
which micro shear are you using in the top of one of he pics?

(just i'm after a nice little protable one)

Liahona

« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2007, 10:56:41 pm »
Paul, it's actually a seam roller but the shears I use come from a company called Big D from the states.

I can get one of you need one, best, Dave.

Damian

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2007, 11:01:47 pm »
Are you trained to fit floorcoverings as well then Dave?

Damian.
Kids for the ex-missus. The fireblade is my baby!!

Liahona

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2007, 11:16:35 pm »
Damian.  Yes as when I was doing flood restoration it was a requirement from some of the insurance companies that I was dealing with.

Having said that I was qualified in the states which isnt much to talk about. 

A bit like saying an N.C.C.A. member can clean anything even though they may not have touched a wand or know what one is for.  No offence to the N.C.C.A.  but sadly it is the case, or could be.

The same for fitting in the states. 

A vinyl qualification will allow you to fit marmoleum which is nonsense but there you go. 

I dont fit by the way as my knees are shot.  Having said that almost every job in the states is fitted with a power stretcher which most over here dont even know what one is let alone how to use one. 

Anyway, as an individual I earn more cleaning them or treating them as opposed to laying them on the floor.

Best, Dave.

the red carpet

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2007, 12:03:27 am »
Me and a couple of other guys on here done one in Milton Keynes not to long ago, it wasnt my job so i dont know how much was charged but between 3 or 4 of us we were getting through a i think about 3 screens a day and each screen had a good couple hundred seats.

So on your own i reckon you could tackle a screen a day no problems, but you really need a helper with you, with a helper you can do 2-3 screens a day.

As there was a few of us on site we tried various chems and methods including ms and mini-tex, but in the end found the best thing we had between us was "Alltecs fabric pre wash" i wouldnt mess about with pre-spraying that many chairs just mix it up in a bucket and slosh it on and aggitate with a hand mit. Its really fast acting so needs hardly any dwell time.

The best way to do it is one pre treating and aggitating and one following up with hwe, you will prob get away with just pre treating the actual seats and arms and just mist and extract the backs.

If its a cinema theres probly gonna be loads of gum, and as its gona be a enclosed area with lots that will need doing the smell from most chewing gum removers will knock you out :o so i would suggest you use the solutions one as its odourless just spray it on and use there metal brush it does take a while but its the best way of doing it ;)

And dont forget to set your machine up (i take it you will have to use portable) in the centre of the middle isle else you will be forever moving it about to get to different sections ;)

PaulKing

« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2007, 07:39:48 am »
Paul, it's actually a seam roller but the shears I use come from a company called Big D from the states.

I can get one of you need one, best, Dave.

if you have a link i'll take a look just want a pair for the odd repair job and don't want to spend thousands as not cost effective.