sandman

Carpet Cleanering
« on: March 01, 2005, 07:23:45 pm »
Hi All

I am thinking of doing a bit of carpet cleaning 1 or 2 days a week. A mate has the gear, but i have never done this before except for in our own house. Is it as simple as it seems ?

What about the different types of detergent/chemicls etc. ?

What cleaning agent to use on certain carpet material ?

What Insurance/Liability cover should i take out ?

How do you set up a one man operation. Tax/Vat. etc. ?

If anyone can give me any info on any aspect to do with carpet cleaanong i would be greatful.

The Sandman

spindle

Re: Carpet Cleanering
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2005, 10:54:54 pm »
i will tell you what i have been told............take a training course costs 95pounds plus vat...................the best 95 you will spend..so they tell me
life is one big learning experience!!!!!!!

paul bruce

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2005, 10:26:07 am »
I am new to this site hence the late reply.
Re the tax and vat.
on the tax/ nat ins you register as a sole trader via a form from your local tax office and pay nat insurance by direct debit £3.50 per week approx.
you can become a sole trader along side your full time employment.
Actual income tax payable is based on the income from your business and should be declared to the tax office on self assesment form,then you will recieve tax bill.You do not need to register fo vat unless your turnover exceeds approx £53k.Down side to this is you can not claim vat back on your materials but in turn you do not need to add vat to invoices or do time consuming returns.
 You  possibly have all this information from elsewhere by now,but if not I hope it helps.

Elite (Ben)

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2005, 04:44:07 pm »
NI should be around 2.50 per week plus a percentage of nets profits. However if you anticipate your net profit to be less than £4500 (approx) in the 1st year can get exemption from payment.
If you are just setting up, once you take into account setup costs and part time earnings, you would do well to break the £4500 net profit mark.

Cheers Ben