Sid123

Pure Freedom large booster pump - question
« on: July 05, 2020, 09:11:22 pm »

Silly question but re the photo attached which way round do you think the in and out hoses should go.
I tried putting the inlet hose from the pre filter initially on the booster attachment with the tap (on the right) then the one behind went to the membrane. Having switched it on the pump gauge showed it all working fine but for some reason the membrane gauge then dropped to zero. When I turned the Pump back off the membrane gauge went back up!.
So I then changed the hoses around so the pre filter inlet was now on the non-tap attachment, and the membrane hose on the tap attachment. Having switched it on for a few seconds this defiantly didn’t seem right as the booster gauge showed nothing and the pump didn’t sound like there was water being fed into it. Looking at the arrows I’m totally confused as logic would suggest this way round was correct 🤷‍♂️.
Cheers

Smudger

Re: Pure Freedom large booster pump - question
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2020, 10:04:58 pm »
Probably no help whatsoever ever but the arrows indicate the flow in and flow out
So I would say water supply in (left) to membraine out (right)

Where were the pipes before you fiddled with it?
Does the sound of the pump change if you turn on/off the tap ( on the r/h side )

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Sid123

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2020, 10:30:10 pm »
Hi Darren,

Thanks mate, I’d agree with you from the arrows.
Previously I had the pipes the other way around so the water supply was right and membrane left.

I only did this as after looking at a web page picture from pure freedom the hoses appears to be this way round - see photo from their website.
You can see that they’ve got the water supply going into the attachment with the tap..

Re the noise of the pump, no it didn’t change when I adjusted the booster tap on right.
Thinking I may have put an airlock in the pump or worse case damaged the vanes

Spruce

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2020, 06:58:39 am »
Isn't the red tap a bypass valve so you can regulate the pressure the booster pump is delivering?  So at best it would be closed for best pressure and fully open for no boost pressure?

PF fit their booster pump after the prefilters and before the membrane. I see the photo of the pump only being connected up the same way as their photo of the complete unit.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

paul22

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2020, 04:12:20 pm »
 That's confusing  Sid123, I'm waiting for my large booster pump from Pure Freedom, your picture shows the in on the left and out on the right (the side of the tap). On the pure freedom picture shows the in on the side of the tap (water in after filters) and out to the RO on the other side. I'd phone Pure Freedom and ask to talk to one of the Andy's they will be able to explain.