Recent Posts

Window Cleaning Forum / Re: Pressure Washing
« Last post by michael mckeary on Today at 07:08:27 pm »
Don’t worry mate splash will pop along and tell you that you have it wrong

Only going by my results today but there's logic behind it. Once the PW has removed most of the dirt means the hypo doesn't have much lichen to work on.
Window Cleaning Forum / Re: Electric vans
« Last post by michael mckeary on Today at 07:03:55 pm »
I think the EV Sprinter can only take 700kgs and do 80 miles if you are lucky. No EV is going to suit us unless one runs with a 350l tank, I have found out.
Window Cleaning Forum / Re: Electric vans
« Last post by Smudger on Today at 06:58:26 pm »
Soupy was using a couple - not sure how well it worked tho.
« Last post by Smudger on Today at 06:56:21 pm »
Don’t worry mate splash will pop along and tell you that you have it wrong
Window Cleaning Forum / Re: Fantastic weather at last!
« Last post by tlwcs on Today at 06:17:37 pm »
My Honda ss50 (4 speed) only ever got to 49 mph down a steep hill with me lying on the tank. My 2 mates, q on a fs1e the other on an ap did 60 on the same stretch. Bloody small 4 strokes.
« Last post by AuRavelling79 on Today at 05:49:26 pm »
Gilera’s always looked better. Fantics were faster than fizzers.

Garelli was the best.
« Last post by AuRavelling79 on Today at 05:48:34 pm »
The fizzy was a classic in its day. There was also the Honda AP50, which was viewed as a more conservative mode of transport, the fizzy was definitely the go-to mean machine for those trying to impress the ladies.

I disagree.  ;D    "...if you are really lucky some old git will tell you a story.  ;D"

It was the Suzuki AP50 and the Honda SS50.

The best ones for showing off were the Italian ones that looked like dirt bikes. The Garelli Tiger, The Malaguti, The Gilera and the Testi.

Here's the history.

In about 1973 the UK government said that 16 year olds could no longer ride up to a 250cc motorbike on L Plates but would be restricted to 50cc Mopeds.

Until the Japs came along British bikes of 175cc to 250cc were the asthmatic BSA Bantam, The Triumph Tiger Cub 200cc and some BSA C15 250 which would top out at between 50 and 70 mph.

Then the Japs came along with the Honda 4 strokes that would touch about 80 and the Kawasaki, Yamaha and Suzuki 2 - strokes that would hit 90.

So the government banned 16 year olds from jumping on these rocket ships which were as fast as Brit 350/500's and wrapping themselves round a tree into an early grave or a wheelchair.

So the manufacturers wrung extra horsepower out of 50cc motorbikes.

The Raleigh Wisp and Puch Maxi and Honda C50 of 20/30mph got outshone by the Yamaha FS1E/Suzuki AP50/Honda SS50. And the Italians took their Garelli 80cc commuter, sleeved it down to 50cc and made it look like a dirt bike.

These little sports mopeds would do 50/55 mph. The Garelli would touch 60mph and even the 4 stroke Honda would touch 40.

Happy daze!
Window Cleaning Forum / Electric vans
« Last post by Perfect Windows on Today at 04:52:58 pm »
Anyone have experience of running one and kitting it out for window cleaning?

Many models have the battery pack under the floor, so in particular, I'm interested if/how you bolted your tank down.

How much difference does the weight of water make to your range?

Do you draw 12v directly for pumps, etc?

Anything else worth knowing?

Thanks,

Vin
« Last post by michael mckeary on Today at 04:01:47 pm »
Did a PW job today and many folk have asked if its better to softwash first then PW the area or the other way round. I did both today on stone coping stones purely by mistake so decided to focus on the result. The ones that were PW first and then softwashed came up alot better than the ones that were softwashed first which makes perfect sense. So if anyone needs to softwash copings, Indian sandstone or steps then its better to PW it first. 😉
Window Cleaning Forum / Re: Talk to me about franchising please
« Last post by KS Cleaning on Today at 03:59:54 pm »
Could you run the business from abroad? I want to sell up and be a digital nomad. Be good to have some money coming in from a franchise.

I spend 9 weeks in Spain each year with employees.
That’s very kind of you, do you have any jobs going?😜
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10