momo911

is there any money in mobile car valeting?
« on: January 24, 2010, 01:47:54 pm »
hi i am interested in setting up as a mobile valeter,but would like to no if there is any money in it and what are the ins outs and pros and cons any information would be much appreciated thank you

Ian Rochester

Re: is there any money in mobile car valeting?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 01:53:44 pm »
Friend of mine does it and makes a reasonable living from it, you ideally need to have premises to work from for when the weather is bad.

I see the guys at the big supermarkets and they are always busy, keep the price low and go for volume rather than quality.

Most people will be happy paying a few quid to get their cars cleaned regularly, not many will be willing to pay £100+ for full vehicle showroom detailing

cleewindows

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 05:27:11 pm »
the way to do it is find a big pub on a main road with a massive car park,rent a section of a car park and get loads of cash in hand workers,sit down and count the money!
 mobile valeting is a waste of time imo,i done it a few years back,if you get in with garages you can make a bit and also buy cheap pxs and sell for a decent profit,apart from garages and companys nobody likes to pay much as they would rather pay £5 at these places and supermarkets

shine services

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 07:13:25 pm »
Hi,  I started out mobile valeting but soon found there was not enough demand to fill my diary and if you do get in with car dealers etc they will want you to do the valets for next to nothing. Valeting works if you offer other services. This is what I now do and things are picking up

gutterman

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2010, 08:46:27 pm »
I started out valeting- and now have a static site in a shopping centre, get a pop up shelter and visit business parks offering your services.

Offer a discount for multiple vehicles at each  company.

We laminated cards with the services available and dropped them with flyers at these companys
built up a decent customer base.
Have been down the traders route , expect too much for peanuts.

The british weather can be a pain so i moved into pressure washing and in the early days did this on the really bad days.

Regards

kordun

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2010, 12:27:41 am »
Guttermun:
Is there no money if you doing valeting in shopping centre?
I once approached local shopping centre but they told me my company was too small, they wanted a big company
I do mobile valeting and its picking up, im also looking for good location to set up car wash but its difficult to find it. Dont want to be close to other car washes/old petrol stations

gutterman

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2010, 08:40:57 pm »
Demonstrate that you have the experience the relevant insurances in place and u should have no problem operating from a carpark or shopping centre.
regards
Billy