wilclean

payment by results
« on: July 31, 2007, 01:36:24 pm »
hi 

does any one think that this is a good idea:

What We Do
Uklikit.co.uk are an online advertising directory without the cost. We operate a ‘payment by results’ system which takes the risk out of advertising.

How does payment by results work?
We set you up with an online advert and a choice of either a local rate or 0845 unique telephone number.
By using this unique number you can see how many calls you are getting through our advertising.
Depending on your business you’ll be getting up to 30 calls per month free.
After this you’ll then start paying for your calls e.g. 30-40 calls at £4.99- again this depends on your type of business.
You only pay for the calls that you receive- this is payment by results.
Remember: If you don’t make any money then we don’t make any money!

I got a telephone call from an agent  giving the sales pitch which some of it sounds ok BUT mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I dont know. This is there website have a look for yourself:

http://www.uklikit.co.uk

Paul

Majestic

Re: payment by results
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2007, 06:26:15 pm »
I have just tried to find a
Plumber
Electrition
Joiner
Window Cleaner
In the London, Manchester, Lancashire area and nothing came up

peternathan

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2007, 06:54:45 pm »
you can spend spend spend on advertising and it all adds up to quite a bit each month.
i've been thinking about employing someone part time to do leaflets/door knocking etc.....
and only pay them for each appointment or % for each job they get.

what do you think about this??????????? ??? ??? ???

dg-cleaning

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2007, 07:36:59 pm »
I am not 100% sure peter but I think that now with the employment law regarding minimum wage that you are unable to pay just commission you must also pay the staff for the hours which they have worked.I pay my cleaners 6ph but as I don't have a great deal spare to spend on advertising etc with it being my first year in business I was considering asking staff if any of them wanted to make a bit extra cash by doing some canvassing and just pay min wage for this side of work.

wilclean

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2007, 08:49:19 pm »
Hi all

the company hasnt been running for long so not much on there. I went onto there website to search for cleaning firms and found nothing. has anyone else been contacted yet?

Paul

Oh by the way he kept me on the phone for 1hr ::)

Kwackers

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2007, 09:20:25 pm »
http://www.alexa.com/search?q=www.uklikit.co.uk&x=18&y=5

This shows the traffic ranking as nearly 5,000,000

It gives you a slight indication of how popular the website is

For instance, due to this being a forum, so people returning so often, the ranking is going to be slightly higher, but as its a popular website it has a very high ranking

http://www.alexa.com/search?q=www.uklikit.co.uk&x=18&y=5

Might be worth asking total monthly hits on average, number of unique visitors per month (obviously quite a few will be people who have entered by mistake, or people like us checking it out)

Not sure if that helps anyone!?

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2007, 07:45:22 am »
For 20 years I earnt my living from Commision earnings so its still legal.

I do not think you would get anyone putting out leaflets on Commision.

Some people try to find people so much per thousand.

My personal view isn  its you company you should take risk of  leaflet working or canvassing working and pay rate for job.

If leaflet does not work try a variation.

Id Canvasser does not get you work sack them get another one. Canvassing is a skill depends on your intial reaction when door is opened . is canvasser asertive but not too pushey etc