wilclean

BUSINESS HELP NEEDED
« on: November 19, 2006, 09:42:09 am »
Hi

I'm trying to start my own small office cleaning company and need to know how to go about things also what do I need to set up. I've already thought of a company name but thats as far as I've got.  If anyone can e-mail [email]p.wilson15@ntlworld.com  me some help and advice and point me in the right direction I would be most grateful.

kind regards Paul

martin19842

Re: BUSINESS HELP NEEDED
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2006, 12:55:01 pm »
hi there

can you be a liittle more specific as to what you actually need helo with.

if you search through the forum you will find most subjects covered, in varying degrees of detail.

and asking for blanket help does leave you a little exposed to some spurious replies.

if you are completely in the dark about the whole situation, then the first thing you should do is go and see yout bank manager, who will be able to point you in the right direciton of general business help.

there are a mountain of websites that also provide general business start up info

regards

martin

wilclean

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2006, 01:07:51 pm »
cheers for the reply, I'll have a word with my bank manager tomorrow.

I've also been told on another chat website I'll have to see the tax people aswell - besides getting my company name registered but I dont know with who yet?

kind regards Paul

martin19842

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2006, 05:20:06 pm »
hi there

ok ltd or trading as??

if ltd you need to register with companies house, and form limited company, you can do this online

you will need that info to open the ltd company bank account

and you need to register ltd for corporation tax, and paye

if trading as you need to inform HM Revenue and Customes of delf employment, partnership if applicable and paye if employing staff

hope that helps for a starters

regards

martin

Cinders

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2006, 07:26:02 pm »
I would just like to point out businesslink.gov.uk which i think is an invaluable source when setting up your own business.
 :)
If you pay peanuts you get a monkey!