BDCS

Re: Starter kit pressure washer
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2012, 05:58:24 pm »
Johnny,
     I think you might be quite surprised how much can be earnt from "exterior" cleaning. I have carpet cleaning kit but I don't advertise it because I feel I only earn wages from it. Add to pressure washing - gutter clearance, facia and soffit cleaning and maybe the odd drain blockage then you have a nice living. £3k for pressure washing kit and £1k for a gutter vacuum and you have enough gear to earn a living. Get a signed van, a decent website, some nice leaflets and a reasonable attitude to work - this time next year Rodney you'll be a millionaire.
  Oh you can work in the rain - no excuses

Ian101

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2012, 06:35:35 pm »
ill keep all my xmas tips and put it towards a good kit,   no good getting one and wishing i got a better one.,  i keep looking on ebay   surelly someone has tried and failed to get started,   to lack of custom.

not if I get there first  ;) ;D ;D

Ian101

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2012, 06:37:56 pm »
Johnny,
     I think you might be quite surprised how much can be earnt from "exterior" cleaning. I have carpet cleaning kit but I don't advertise it because I feel I only earn wages from it. Add to pressure washing - gutter clearance, facia and soffit cleaning and maybe the odd drain blockage then you have a nice living. £3k for pressure washing kit and £1k for a gutter vacuum and you have enough gear to earn a living. Get a signed van, a decent website, some nice leaflets and a reasonable attitude to work - this time next year Rodney you'll be a millionaire.
  Oh you can work in the rain - no excuses

This is music to my ears ... its what I suspected is possible.

Im keeping the windows as well but instead of driving aroung and doing 20 different stops for a tenner or twelve quid here and there I much prefer the thoughts of 2 jobs a day for a decent wage  :)

BDCS

« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2012, 09:17:15 pm »
I've got a window round - 1 stop, 10 houses, 5 times a year. Thats enough  ;)

johnny bravo

« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2012, 09:23:02 pm »
can you have a look at the Clarke  PLS260    give your views, ill check 4 sales in machine + mart,  if it would do, just add a fsc    for £199. and filter hose for water butt

johnny bravo

« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2012, 09:27:50 pm »
ive had gutter vac from ET 3000 watt,     done a few jobs    sold it on to a price near to what i paid 4 it,  do most gutters with ladders   and harris pole with scooper atatched,   some i cant do but i wont loose no sleep.do a few upvc cleans,     no connys yet

Matt Gibson

« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2012, 09:21:02 am »
Add to that cleaning pigeon crap and your wage rises..

There's money in poope  ;D

Clarkes arent very good mate. You really want a second hand honda/yanmar/lombardini like BDSC said. There are usually some on ebay of either machines, should be a load of them coming up for sale during winter like always. You can pick up a decent set up for under a grand.

Matt Gibson

« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2012, 09:24:24 am »

This is music to my ears ... its what I suspected is possible.

Im keeping the windows as well but instead of driving aroung and doing 20 different stops for a tenner or twelve quid here and there I much prefer the thoughts of 2 jobs a day for a decent wage  :)

Ian,

Hows the bowser trailer going? you finding it easy to work with?

johnny bravo

« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2012, 09:39:47 am »
i will keep looking for these models, hopefully get a sale on in dec. jan,   ready for spring coming,   a few customers with block paving drives  signed up for clean when winter passed . i will keep looking on you tube etc    get some experienced tips.   thanks for helping out , much apreciated.

johnny bravo

« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2012, 02:09:27 pm »
http://www.jetwash-shop.co.uk/cobra-ct12150phr-petrol-honda-engine-pressure-washer-150-bar-12-litresmin-280-p.asp,    would this be ok as a starter to get going,     or would a bit more power be advised, as i say i dont know where this could lead to , it could take off   or it could get used a few times then stand idling,    maybe keep its value longer.

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2012, 08:23:26 pm »
apart from the pressure washer itself, what else do you need?  For instance do you have to bring your own water or use a clients?  Is there anything else you require?
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

johnny bravo

« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2012, 09:10:50 pm »
a long hose pipe,  large water butt or a big green wheely bin. and a bit of know how. and a decent washer

johnny bravo

« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2012, 09:12:15 pm »
ooh,  and a FSC.

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2012, 09:14:21 pm »
ooh,  and a FSC.

i guess as a window cleaner i can use my current water tank, my current hose setup so i just need a washer right?

whats an FSC?
iSparkle Window Cleaning

johnny bravo

« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2012, 09:34:07 pm »
http://www.jetwash-shop.co.uk/cobra-ct13200phr-petrol-honda-engine-pressure-washer-machine-200-bar-13-litresmin-281-p.asp,  these are ok,  but then you need a fsc    you have to shop around different prices.

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2012, 09:34:47 pm »
iSparkle Window Cleaning

johnny bravo

« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2012, 09:55:32 pm »
floor surface cleaner,    makes job quicker,  no lines etc,   whirlaway for one,  you need to do some research, giving me a headache

CleanClear

« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2012, 11:18:57 pm »
The Kiam is cheap Chinese poop ...do not buy it! 

Ours is a year old, we've had no problems with it. Should we expect some? Its the KM3400P, 15 litres a min one.
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

Nameless Drudge

« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2012, 09:03:58 am »
floor surface cleaner,    makes job quicker,  no lines etc,   whirlaway for one,  you need to do some research, giving me a headache

Flat surface cleaners will produce lines,you need to be clued up on nozzle sizes and flow rates,debatable whether they are quicker especially driveways if they don`t get all the weeds out first pass and then the turbo nozzle has to be put over it all,but they do keep overspray and muck contained.You need to be able to unblock the drains you might block up so carry the kit and tools to get manhole covers off etc.

johnny bravo

« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2012, 02:11:41 pm »
yes ive watched blastaways youtube videos,     gaining visual experience , its hands on i will need.  or its a case of just doing it,      i will concentrate on my window cleaning customers firstly,   giving them a discount   to gain valuable experience.