Bungle

It's Always Section #4
« on: January 16, 2021, 05:04:57 pm »
On my SLX-22 that wears out first. You'd think section #1 would wear out first? This has happened on my last 3 SLX-22 poles. You know when they're on their way out because you can hear the pole making a cracking noise. I had one snap behind railings on an upstairs window once. Fun and games getting that back 🤪
We look at them, they look through them.

NWH

Re: It's Always Section #4
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2021, 05:22:21 pm »
Spraying a good covering of clear lacquer on that particular section can make them last longer I also try to not keep extending to same part of that section for days at a time,it’s like the red bands on the poles I never keep going all the way down to these or as you say they’ll start to wear quicker.

SB Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2021, 07:51:30 pm »
On my SLX-22 that wears out first. You'd think section #1 would wear out first? This has happened on my last 3 SLX-22 poles. You know when they're on their way out because you can hear the pole making a cracking noise. I had one snap behind railings on an upstairs window once. Fun and games getting that back 🤪
I use the 22 as well, I've never had a section 4 go its always the  top 2 that go for me.

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2021, 10:23:53 am »

I've never worn out a section 4 or 5 on any pole I've owned in 10 years....its always the top 3 sections that wear and splinter from my experience....
price higher/work harder!

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2021, 02:40:17 pm »
On my Xtreme 22, it's section #3 that goes first because I always have to extend it partially, so it wears inside and out like section #2, but there's more leverage on that section.

On my Xtreme 25, it's  section #2, as I seldom use the other sections.  Section #1 an #3 only wear on one side, the outside and inside respectively.

The other sections are only likely to break first due to accidents.
We have a choice! We can do one or the other, the opposite, both, or neither depending on which way the wind is blowing.

robbo333

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2021, 05:14:21 pm »
I have a 22 Xtreme and it's lasted for bludy years!
Recently it's been cracking like a David Attenborough series about icebergs!
I use WD40 and Two part, rapid setting, Araldite.
So far so good.
 ;D
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

mac74

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2021, 05:29:36 pm »
I use a SLX18,  and this one (3mths use), its section 3 that always grits up first, which is strange as its always normally the top sections downwards that grit up first? Ive had to remove the stop tape on this section 3 to help stop it gritting up as fast. I was having to flush it every few jobs or so.