Helen

Re: Business goals/targets
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2009, 05:25:03 pm »
im building to get to £4000 every 8 weeks at the moment before xmas were just under £3000 at the min then were goin to have a target of £6000 every 8 weeks then hopefully build it up to £8000.

we have employed a canvasser who takes the first clean money hes been doing ok for us prob built it up 1200 last four weeks. he was pricing a little low so we gave him a kick up backside n now hes pulling in houses at better prices.

we will just keep him going till we get to where we want to be with 2 vans going out and 2 employees.

richy

Glad to hear that things are better for you now. How long have you had your canvasser? Why was he pricing low? Did you not give him guidelines? How's the roof sealing business going? See you are going into carpet cleaning aswell. Be careful not to become Jack of all Trades master of none.....good luck though :)

TYCOON

« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2009, 07:45:52 pm »
how much do you pay canvassers??

are they successful???

j.v. price ltd

« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2009, 08:05:41 pm »
My goal for next year is to sneak into J V Prices Christmas bash  ;)

ha ha

j.v. price ltd

« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2009, 08:07:14 pm »
I will come with you to help you over the wall  ;)

got an open day in jan of our trade counter and training centre more than welcome to come have a look and a chat

Tosh

« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2009, 08:21:00 pm »
I want to be the happiest window cleaner in Chepstow.  I haven't got much competition to be honest!  ;D

j.v. price ltd

« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2009, 10:27:53 pm »
In five years want to be cleaning a few like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHVQLIyJ5Gg

geefree

« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2009, 11:53:03 pm »
my realistic goals are quite simple and modest really for 2010!get a ford transit connect for £3,000-£3,500,logod polo shirts/fleece.design some new leaflets for getting better paying work.creep up prices of underpriced compact work every april.price better for new work etc,etc.WFP eventually but maybe pospone it till ive got a few spare grand knocking about!still unsure of it as i like trad and im used to tradpole work that eliminates a lot of unsafe window cleaning.it sounds too much hassle and expense especially with being in a first floor flat on a water meter.also had a lot of people saying that domestic custys DO NOT LIKE WFP!!its also easier to leave a mess of the windows.also leave them cleaner for longer!who wants that?u want ur custys to have them cleaned once a month!!(in the main)the thought of fillin a tank up every night with a hose up my stairs for an hour,unreeling all that hose and gettin dog crap on it,keep havin to move the van.equipment problems that frustrate u.high overheads,problems in winter with frost,shoulder/neck/back/elbow problems.and some of u guys are only cleaning as many houses a day as me so not really much faster on average houses taking into consideration unreeling hoses,stopping/starting the van etc,etc.doesnt seem to me to have that many benefits for the domestic WC with all the extra hassle

Them are good targets and goals.... WOW. ;D

So i guess you are going to start another thread now...

"Im staying trad.... no im going wfp... er no.. i mean trad..." ;)

Window Washers

« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2009, 07:18:09 am »
I will come with you to help you over the wall  ;)

got an open day in jan of our trade counter and training centre more than welcome to come have a look and a chat
Where is that located Charlie ?
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

j.v. price ltd

« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2009, 09:20:59 am »
Watford fella, just off junction 20 of the m25 and junction 8 of the m1

you will have to pop down in the new year and have a look

Window Washers

« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2009, 09:25:23 am »
Watford fella, just off junction 20 of the m25 and junction 8 of the m1

you will have to pop down in the new year and have a look
I know where Watford is, I was born there  ;D
Will pop down soon ;)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

j.v. price ltd

« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2009, 09:31:24 am »
Ha ha, well it is 2 min's from junction 20 of m25 so do pop in if your passing

1wayno

« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2009, 10:10:28 pm »
to get a wfp next year and earn lots of pennys  ;D lol