Mr T

Business goals/targets
« on: December 01, 2009, 02:49:42 pm »
Hi folks, as everyones business is different just wondering what your goals/targets and ambitions are for your business in the year ahead...........

JRDEasiReach

Re: Business goals/targets
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 02:59:24 pm »
My target at this moment is to be still going in 6 months time :) after that ill tell you the rest :)
JRD Easi Reach
'The Ladderless Window Cleaning System'

richywilts

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 03:50:42 pm »
im building to get to £4000 every 8 weeks at the moment before xmas were just under £3000 at the min then were goin to have a target of £6000 every 8 weeks then hopefully build it up to £8000.

we have employed a canvasser who takes the first clean money hes been doing ok for us prob built it up 1200 last four weeks. he was pricing a little low so we gave him a kick up backside n now hes pulling in houses at better prices.

we will just keep him going till we get to where we want to be with 2 vans going out and 2 employees.

richy
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

Dale Smith

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2009, 04:16:58 pm »
I would like to nearly double what we do in the new year, not neccesarily the amount of houses we do, but the amount of money we get in.
That will mean a spring offensive on the canvassing/door knocking front, but this time compared to when we were starting we know exactly what we want & where we want it.... ;D

To be fair Richy's is a very similar plan... :)
Swindon, Wiltshire.

daz1977

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2009, 04:44:22 pm »
get more commercial work in, so on rainy days i still got something to do,  need to employ a canverser, to help grow the business, so i can put an other van on the road with a bloke in

DaveG

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2009, 05:17:54 pm »
to earn as much as i can in as little time as possible ;D
You can't polish a turd

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2009, 05:23:52 pm »
to earn as much as i can in as little time as possible ;D

Exactly

All you need to do is insert a figure instead of "earn as much as I can" (e.g. £4000) and insert a timescale (e.g. every 4 weeks) instead of "as little time as possible" and work out how you're going to achieve that.

Seeemples  Tck tck

;D ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2009, 05:34:20 pm »
Today I've set myself a target of getting £50 of new work per week from the start of February to the end of next year - each job to hopefully fit in with my 6 weekly schedule.  That didn't sound much when I first wrote it as it sounds like about £2,600 a year.  Then I realised that it's a lot more than that because it's ongoing.  To make way for it, I intend to gradually shift out my lower paid work.  Such a move on my part is long overdue.

mlscontractcleaner

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2009, 05:58:04 pm »
My main aim right now is to get all this week's work done by Saturday close of business. If it doesn't stop bloody raing I'll be out working on Christmas Day just trying to catch up!!
Come and talk dirty to us!!!

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2009, 06:50:40 pm »
My goal is to sell up and have an easy life.

mlscontractcleaner

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2009, 07:00:22 pm »
You'd get bored. It must be true, women have an easy life and they get bored ;)
Come and talk dirty to us!!!

dazmond

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2009, 12:48:41 pm »
my realistic goals are quite simple and modest really for 2010!get a ford transit connect for £3,000-£3,500,logod polo shirts/fleece.design some new leaflets for getting better paying work.creep up prices of underpriced compact work every april.price better for new work etc,etc.WFP eventually but maybe pospone it till ive got a few spare grand knocking about!still unsure of it as i like trad and im used to tradpole work that eliminates a lot of unsafe window cleaning.it sounds too much hassle and expense especially with being in a first floor flat on a water meter.also had a lot of people saying that domestic custys DO NOT LIKE WFP!!its also easier to leave a mess of the windows.also leave them cleaner for longer!who wants that?u want ur custys to have them cleaned once a month!!(in the main)the thought of fillin a tank up every night with a hose up my stairs for an hour,unreeling all that hose and gettin dog crap on it,keep havin to move the van.equipment problems that frustrate u.high overheads,problems in winter with frost,shoulder/neck/back/elbow problems.and some of u guys are only cleaning as many houses a day as me so not really much faster on average houses taking into consideration unreeling hoses,stopping/starting the van etc,etc.doesnt seem to me to have that many benefits for the domestic WC with all the extra hassle
price higher/work harder!

Mist A Bit

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2009, 12:59:30 pm »
my goal for the new year is to go wfp by end jan and get prives up in april. ffom their i want more comm work to go with all my domestic

steve

krave

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2009, 01:07:39 pm »
I want £800 Pw after expenses.
Going into Wfp and not knowing what costs are going to be et is a bit daunting, but by rough calculations, cant be too bad compaired to what your turnover is.

lee_dewing

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2009, 01:08:01 pm »
leapstallbuildings

I see your 6 weekly,

I thinking of changing to this currently 5 weeks use to be monthly.

reason for 6 weeks is i need to bump up some under priced work, which lowest is 30% underpriced.

Was wondering were you always 6 weekly.

don't know wether to inform all custy's of change or just leave it, might be opening can of worms there :(

Think i will tell the ones going up £5 of fewer visits wether this stops me losing them?

I hope 6 weekly visits  gives me the scope to price higher.

will put on leaflets frequency, and windows stay cleaner longer, and cleaner whole window frame pane and sill.

shortly after leaflet drop will door knock, don't like knocking bit of a fraidy cat but from what people say is quickest way of building compact round.

thanks all
lee
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

Lee Pryor

« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2009, 02:22:24 pm »
goals for next year are.

to build a canvassing team of 4 people. to start in feb/march. got 2 at the moment

to distribute at least 30,000 leaflets between feb-oct (easy)

to step away from cleaning windows myself (long over due)

to update our website (possibly completely new) with the addition of a page of video demonstrations of all of our services.

to add between 5-12k turnover per month by october. (this means adding another van, going to be moving away from ionics for this for the first time im fed up with their crazy prices.)

to take a zero tollerance aproach to late payers, messers, rude customers and so on.

The best way to predict the future is to create it.

Steve CM

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2009, 03:12:29 pm »
to take a zero tollerance aproach to late payers, messers, rude customers and so on.

i started that one early, infact this week ;D

matt

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2009, 04:28:40 pm »
we need a " whats your aims / targets for next year " thread  ;)

Phild

cockney rebel

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2009, 07:17:18 am »

i started that one early, infact this week ;D
Hear,hear. Some people can be cheeky twats. "Call back later" and there not in or ignore you on purpose. " I'll pay double next time" etc etc. Im sure if there bosses said i'll pay you next time or i'll give you your wages later,they wouldn't be happy.