ftp

Re: Where is Alex Gardiner?
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2009, 06:38:31 pm »
Open heart or brain surgery?

matt

« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2009, 06:40:15 pm »
I suppose if he is to do installations he will have to come back on.The big thing about his poles is that he pushed for the shorter closed length, okay xtel did it first, but to have a 22' with a short closed lenght for grounds and hardly any weight is something that didn't used to exist.

You think why couldn't some of these other pole people have done it sooner? Well i think the reason is they just thought of us as donkeys too stupid to care what we used.My first pole 3yrs ago was a 24' gf universal, it was too heavy to use and remains in my garage roof as an antique.

I'm pretty sure the van installation business will go the same way.Like the shorter closed lenght for a pole it's so obvious that a lower c of g for the mounted water tanks by spreading the footprint over most of the available floor is an easy win and an obvious idiotic miss by the existing installation people.Add a certified crash test and he's more or less home free.He'll cut through this biz the same way he did the poles.

I'm looking for a new installation (i haven't even bought the van yet) but where as in the past i have been diy this time i will get one fitted. I want an 800l or 1000 depending on the van payload.
You can already get flat tanks with low centre of gravity and custom made tanks. Mine is custom made and is nearly 4 years old.

custom made tanks have been around for ages, i looked at having 1 made to fit the complete floor of my VW T4 ( with a space for the middle seat mounts )
it worked out that the height was going to be about 9" which meant i could put ply on the floor and that would be it, job done

dd

« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2009, 08:27:35 pm »
Was it made to fit into a confined space? What capacity is it?

I'm talking about a big tank and using the above part as an operating area.
I think Ewans link is a good one.

Mine was fitted by Waterfed Pole System Ltd in Grantham. 600l tank made from welded 10mm polypropylene. It is just a straightforward upright tank but the dimensions were made so it went the full width of the floor in my dispatch to optimize free floor space.

Personally my concern with flat tanks would be problems in pumping water out when it got low and having to fiddle about making sure you e.g. parked up on a kerb the right way round.

Window Washers

« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2009, 08:30:24 pm »
Was it made to fit into a confined space? What capacity is it?

I'm talking about a big tank and using the above part as an operating area.
I think Ewans link is a good one.

Mine was fitted by Waterfed Pole System Ltd in Grantham. 600l tank made from welded 10mm polypropylene. It is just a straightforward upright tank but the dimensions were made so it went the full width of the floor in my dispatch to optimize free floor space.

Personally my concern with flat tanks would be problems in pumping water out when it got low and having to fiddle about making sure you e.g. parked up on a kerb the right way round.
what did it cost you ? and do you have a link to there site ?
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2009, 09:08:00 pm »
You've got a point-for once.Thanks for that and tell your project manager (the brainy girlfriend) thanks too.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2009, 10:01:06 pm »
Alex is still around, Just had an e-mail off him. He's just busy at the mo!

« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2009, 10:16:01 pm »
We know that and are mostly just kidding.If he's taking a break from us i'm sure it's well deserved.

« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2009, 10:35:27 pm »
Used to live in Nuneaton.Howdo you know how much water is in the tank?

They give sizes in gallons what's the conversion factor to litres?

« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2009, 10:36:40 pm »
4.54 litres per gallon

luther1

« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2009, 08:43:23 am »
As its panto season,does Alex dress up as Widow Twanky down Cornwalls finest palais or is he outside Marks & Spencers dressed as Santa and giving out mini window cleaning kits to all the local wannabe 6 year old potential runny nosed window cleaners who dream of SLX's and VW Transporters.

''Ho Ho Ho. Hello little boy,what do you want for for Xmas?''

''Well Santa,i'd like an 18ft SLX by Xmas please,thats this Xmas you slacker and not the one nearest my 18th birthday''

''Ho Ho Ho,you cheeky little boy,you'll get a clip round the ear if you carry on''

''MUM MUM,Santas going to hit me''

She pulls his beard off

''Thats not Santa, its that fella from Poleland whos moonlighting as Santa instead of getting everyones poles ready by mid November,like they promised''

''Damn,been caught out,best get back to casa de Alex and pull my finger out''

Thats what i reckon anyway.

Was going to say '' Is that a pole in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me'' but i didn't want to get smutty :)

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2009, 09:01:21 am »
As its panto season,does Alex dress up as Widow Twanky down Cornwalls finest palais or is he outside Marks & Spencers dressed as Santa and giving out mini window cleaning kits to all the local wannabe 6 year old potential runny nosed window cleaners who dream of SLX's and VW Transporters.

''Ho Ho Ho. Hello little boy,what do you want for for Xmas?''

''Well Santa,i'd like an 18ft SLX by Xmas please,thats this Xmas you slacker and not the one nearest my 18th birthday''

''Ho Ho Ho,you cheeky little boy,you'll get a clip round the ear if you carry on''

''MUM MUM,Santas going to hit me''

She pulls his beard off

''Thats not Santa, its that fella from Poleland whos moonlighting as Santa instead of getting everyones poles ready by mid November,like they promised''

''Damn,been caught out,best get back to casa de Alex and pull my finger out''

Thats what i reckon anyway.

Was going to say '' Is that a pole in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me'' but i didn't want to get smutty :)

So why was it Mr Gardener has stopped coming on here let me think.... ???

It would be a shame if he never returned as he is one of the best posters with real advice from experience and not just meaningless babble.

Simon.

luther1

Re: Where is Alex Gardiner? New
« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2009, 09:04:26 am »
I agree. I'm waiting for a new pole and a van mount myself actually, so my post should be read in jest and not as a personal attack like you seem to think.

I should think he got fed up with people not being able to spell his name correctly.