windiewasher

canvassing first time in 18 months.loved it
« on: July 16, 2013, 08:00:26 pm »
tried one area 2 streets,got nothing. :'(
Drove to another area we clean in.on one street 5 new houses £49 all semis
I think we had 25 that answered there doors so 1 in 5 is very good.
Off out again thursday.
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

Michael Peterson

Re: canvassing first time in 18 months.loved it
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 08:02:39 pm »
well in mate what made you canvasing, refining or expanding

windiewasher

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 08:05:46 pm »
Expanding mate,just took a new bloke on so trying to build the round.
Just picked up 2 schools to clean too 1@300 1@160
Happy days ones once a year once every 3 months.
Total £  so far.

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 08:10:33 pm »

Nice one mate. How did you get the schools out of interest?

windiewasher

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 08:12:47 pm »

Nice one mate. How did you get the schools out of interest?

1 is through a contract i have and the other i cleaned last year.
Total £  so far.

gavinb

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2013, 08:13:32 pm »
I went out last night puck up £47 worth went back out tonight got sod all
So back at it tomorrow night  >:(

windiewasher

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2013, 08:15:01 pm »
I went out last night puck up £47 worth went back out tonight got sod all
So back at it tomorrow night  >:(
Good man keep it up.
Total £  so far.

C o z y

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2013, 08:15:24 pm »
Off out again thursday.

Same here mate. Just started a new area, and going well. Nice to get new blood now and again.  ;)
No still don't understand, I must be thick

windiewasher

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2013, 08:16:37 pm »
Off out again thursday.

Same here mate. Just started a new area, and going well. Nice to get new blood now and again.  ;)
Nice one mate
Total £  so far.

roundbuilder

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2013, 09:15:04 pm »
How did you get 42 customers in april if you havnt canvassed in 18 months! Whats the secret?

Carl@Cwc

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2013, 09:25:00 pm »
How did you get 42 customers in april if you havnt canvassed in 18 months! Whats the secret?

lol
,,, there is the formula for massive growth,  modelling and keeping a close eye on things..

took me a minute to see why u asked that then realised the signature...

smart man you mick , very smart. ;)

gavinb

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2013, 09:44:39 pm »
Carl how much do you spend on adwords ?

windiewasher

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2013, 09:47:38 pm »
Facebook,google,website and leaflet delivery mick.
I get on average 2 or 3 calls a day.
Total £  so far.

roundbuilder

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2013, 09:53:41 pm »
Why are you canvassing if you get 3 calls a day come in?. Thats 21 customers a week 84 a month. You have a winning formula there somehow.
In fact im gonna give up canvassing and get a website built if i can get a return like that! I take back all the negativity i ever had to leaflet campaigns!.
Seriously how did you realy get that many without door knocking?

windiewasher

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2013, 10:02:11 pm »
Why are you canvassing if you get 3 calls a day come in?. Thats 21 customers a week 84 a month. You have a winning formula there somehow.
In fact im gonna give up canvassing and get a website built if i can get a return like that! I take back all the negativity i ever had to leaflet campaigns!.
Im canvassing to accomadate the new worker.
Unfortunately through facebook its scattered work.
Leaflet drops arent great but work comes from it.
Website is great i come high in google and find in my area there are very few window cleaners that show up on google so tend to pick up work.
Sometimes the calls are no good,not taking on terraced houses unless i have houses in them areas.
Pushing canvassing at the moment and telesales for a few hours a week.
I just want to see how it can take me.
I enjoyed the canvassing tonight.
Total £  so far.

Carl@Cwc

« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2013, 10:11:18 pm »
Carl how much do you spend on adwords ?

hi gav

probably £70 pcm, id say on average. would need to backlog the account but last 4 bills have been £90.
nice weather always draws people out and onto internet, why because its easier than waiting for a knocker and leaflet and is spontaneous , people love pleasure...

the amount on adwords really is synced to leaflets , more you put out more hits you get = more cost.
the amount of one offs usually more than pay for the leaflets / adwords etc but you have to be prepared,
in the past i have not been prepared and suffered but you soon realise whats needed to make it happen.

is it worth it ???  against canvassing solely i will see shortly.

once new employee is settled i will do a 30k leaflet drop and canvass as much as possible to get a comparison on returns.

30k folded a4 to a5 is £1400 delivered.
canvassed last week for 6 hrs and got £150 new pcm.

website and google is deffo a plus , but as mick kent has showed anything is possible with the right ideas and leader.

gavinb

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2013, 10:17:44 pm »
hi carl

Just i seem to notice your site pop up every now and then when im on google

I been canvassing myself this week got £47 yesterday but only £15 tonight
Gonna get back out there tomorrow .

Carl@Cwc

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2013, 10:19:14 pm »
hi carl

where are you cleaning m8 regular?

gavinb

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2013, 10:23:47 pm »
All wolverhampton more or less mate and dudley at the minute
But looking to expand but its a ball ache finding new unsaturated areas .

Carl@Cwc

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2013, 10:32:45 pm »
hi carl

only £52  AMONTH?
thats £676 a year you just got = 2 weeks wages for someone.
another 25 of them and u can stay home and earn same???????????

roundbuilder

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2013, 10:33:37 pm »
All wolverhampton more or less mate and dudley at the minute
But looking to expand but its a ball ache finding new unsaturated areas .
Gav its easy if you plan it properly! Do the sold boards and roads where you normall wouldnt entertain as others most prob would t either! I always hit main roads and roads with double and single yellow lines, you will be amaized on how many decent jobs that can be picked up in a compact area if you avoid the norm.
avoid new builds as many are skint to put it blunt and avoid everyday roads as they get leafletted/canvassed 6 plus times a year, only go for the sold boards on these roads, also the sold boards on your existing roads.
As long as you have a good foundation customer base then growing is easy as long as you plan it and go about it from a good angle.
I dont think unsaturated areas actualy exist anymore.

gavinb

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2013, 10:42:58 pm »
When you put it like that it sounds good but then when im speaking to the likes of whizzbizz who's picking up like £200 a day it makes ya think what the hell im doing wrong lol .

roundbuilder

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2013, 10:49:27 pm »
Whiz bizz only picks up a list of maybe customers leaving it down to the cleaner to turn them into a deal.
he defo isnt getting £200 a night of comfirmed work otherwise he would be loaded and have a car to his name!. The man doesnt drive which makes canvassing an area to full potential impossible.
Im not trying to run him down but anyone who says they get £200 a night is full of it!.
What you will get from wizz is a list of potential customers to phone which is all well and good but Lets face it anyone could do that to the value of £200 before confimrming them as a customer, its simply getting there details.
From experiance if you get £20-£80 a night per man in an area without councal and rented houses then your doing well. 1 man getting £200 everynight is a man getting a load of crap council estate and 1 off rented tennants on board.

Whizz-Bizz

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2013, 12:11:25 am »
Actually Mick I go out 8 hours a day and only go after fronts, If you asked for my marketing info you would read that for £1200 I go out out and get £1200 in faces (TWICE AS MUCH AS OTHER TEAMS ) which are extremely happy people that want to pay on a regular basis (so they tell me on the door) Yes there is callbacks in the list but everyone of those are clearly highlighted as such. The straight yes please people are then filtered prior to clean with a carefully constructed text message. Then at point of first clean its down to the cleaner to ACTUALLY talk to their customer and set up the second clean, I even get the cleaner to give the customer a letter which is written by the cleaner explaining how their round works. Then providing the cleaner follows the instructions and gives me results so I can customer care the problem customers, the work goes relatively smoothly.
Now short of strapping a back pack to my back and cleaning and collecting at the same time there really is not much more I can do for these guys.
As regards to not driving, because of this my work is some of the most compact youll come accross I knock every road at least twice.
Heres the last 2 people I worked for www.diamondwindowservices.co.uk www.aquashine.org.uk ask them please
Not only this if they want help on websites, flyers, facebook, twitter, ringing their poop lists Im there for them.
And YES just about every day I go out and get between £150-£350 in faces pretty much all fronts every single day,day after day after day.
Hope this clears up a few things
Marketing solutions for window cleaners
https://www.facebook.com/WhizzBizzSales

Whizz-Bizz

« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2013, 07:22:38 am »
Im actually getting pretty wound up by you Mick, everytime I come on this forum your always talking about me. I just want to make it clear to people that you dont know me, youve never used me. Yes we've spoke a few times and I did think you was alright. But since that time you rang me asking for a 50/50 split on my business which I declined because your coming to the table with nothing you just seem misinformed and a bit posoinous. Now I see your working with Roundbuilders. So can you please stop talking about me thankyou.       

roundbuilder

« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2013, 09:12:16 am »
All i can say is lol.
Whizz i just read through my backposts and cant see where i keep badmouthing about you apart from giving you respect and offering you a canvassing challange where you bottled it as me or ian never heard back from you!.
You do make me laugh why would i ask to have 50/50 split in your so called business??. If you would like to clarify i wanted to speak with you as i only wanted to cover 60 mile from london and would pass the work not in my area to you and you pass any to me in the 60 mile radious which to me made clear business sence i spoke to you a bit about charging for x2 and not the £1200 up front fee that you have where you said you didnt trust people and was scared to be ripped off so fair play even though i think your mad turning down work that would have gone in your favour as i only want to cover 60 miles and you the rest of the country.

Who the hell are roundbuilders that i have so called joined forces with?? I have a team of canvassers who work for me why would i team up with someone else..
I havnt even started canvassing for others yet as am building my stepdad up.

Bottom line is you live southampton and i live in london ill only travel down to brighton and upto northampton with a few exceptions maybe time to time. Dont feel threatened by me at all as im only prepared to canvass if i have the spare time for a certain few people at any time. My main business is my window cleaning which i have my all in! I canvass because i enjoy it and being paid for something you enjoy is always a good thing.

Whizz-Bizz

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2013, 09:44:26 am »
You was cool with me then I see this bollox, you asked for me to ring you a while back, which I did. Then you tried to get me to go 50/50 on what Im doing forget that. As regards to bottling a canvassing challenge, Im way to busy with my own stuff to get involved with it.
Heres round builders http://www.roundbuilders.com/ on your signature it says roundbuilders whatever. I dont feel threatened by you at all. I just dont like people that dont know me making up rubbish about me. I actually think you feel threatened by me because you keep shouting my name out on this forum, you wanted to team up I said no. All Im asking is stop talking about me   

roundbuilder

« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2013, 10:06:25 am »
No it says roundbuilder@hotmail.com.
I was giving someone some friendly advice on here and you sprung up from nowhere giving it the big i am ::)roll
I havnt said or done anything thats out of order to you at all so not sure why your chucking your toys out the pram.

Whizz-Bizz

« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2013, 02:51:22 pm »
I just dont like the fact everytime I come on here your talking about me, when you dont know me, and stating you dont believe my figures. Ive got maybe 40-50 guys that can back me up. Heres something for you Ive worked nearly every day this year bar 3 weeks and 2 of those weeks off were due to a nasty injury. Now your very capable of doing very well in the canvassing game, but please dont try to do it on the back of other people like myself or round builders, do it of your own merits. Youll get more respect and it will mean alot more. Ive said my peice, hope you do well. Shake hands move on.     

roundbuilder

« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2013, 04:14:57 pm »
mate seriously are you the full ticket?? You seem a few sandwiches short type whizz bizz in search on here and tell me where i have spoke bad about you??!. How the hell do i always talk about you please show me??Your paranoid are you on drugs??please tell me how have i used your so called good rep to sell myself to canvass for people.. I sell myself thanks and always have done i know im a good honest canvasser and i also tell people how it is and am more than happy to give advice to anyone which i do as get 3 or 4 emails a week asking for advice which i always happily do, never do i put anyone down unless they make out they are the big i am or blaitantly full of poope I havnt bad mouthed you or used your so called name to get any work at all and if you or anyone else can shed some light to prove that as that would be great???.
I already have succeeded in canvassing as have built myself 2 full rounds,
Now im building my stepdad a round so he can support his family. After that i have 6 people who want to use me in my targeted area and id have had about 4 that i could have passed onto you who are too far for me to travel too but you for some reason you act a selfish ungreatful fool.
Im a nice guy whizz. I like to see people do well even you Hence offering you anything over 60 miles from me where for some reason you didnt want as you didnt want to use the x2 value rate.
Im not desperate to canvass for others like you are as i have built a business that suits my needs. im going to canvass because i enjoy it and am good at it so stop trying to make me look stupid as im far from it. I have 100 percent no interest in what you do at all! you dont listen and seem paranoid.

Sorry but i think You owe me an apollogy whizz all i have ever done is recomend you and agree with you on here!.

windiewasher

« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2013, 06:11:48 pm »
Another 2 hours canvasing tommorow,i cant wait. ;D
Picked up a couple more new ones today,recommendations.
Loving work at the moment.
Total £  so far.

roundbuilder

« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2013, 06:18:51 pm »
Im out 2moz too! Hoping for a good hit. Im out on my own 2moz so lets have a challange lol. 6-8pm see how many we can get. Im doing a tough area so not looking good for me lol..

windiewasher

« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2013, 06:21:44 pm »
Im out 2moz too! Hoping for a good hit. Im out on my own 2moz so lets have a challange lol. 6-8pm see how many we can get. Im doing a tough area so not looking good for me lol..
Im out 5:30 till 7:30 i want 8.i would be happy with that.
2 evenings next week another 16 would be nice.
Total £  so far.

roundbuilder

« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2013, 06:23:55 pm »
8 should be doable for you as long as folk are in!. This weather every house that looks like they would want a cleaner are never in...typical.

windiewasher

« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2013, 07:07:12 pm »
8 should be doable for you as long as folk are in!. This weather every house that looks like they would want a cleaner are never in...typical.
I agree with you there thats definately true.
I had one yesterday had same window cleaner for 40 years yet the cobwebs on her windows and frames were 10 year old.
Total £  so far.

gavinb

« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2013, 08:12:40 pm »
I didnt canvass tonight .

instead just followed up some leads i had priced 3 got 2 so far
1 £40 in and out and £12 regular afterwards
1 £9.00 regular
1 £20 1st clean £10 regular but not confirmed yet .

im going to be hitting a hard area tomorrow myself im looking for £100 in first cleans = £50 in regular .

Carl@Cwc

« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2013, 08:21:48 pm »
I didnt canvass tonight .

instead just followed up some leads i had priced 3 got 2 so far
1 £40 in and out and £12 regular afterwards
1 £9.00 regular
1 £20 1st clean £10 regular but not confirmed yet .

im going to be hitting a hard area tomorrow myself im looking for £100 in first cleans = £50 in regular .

still a good result m8 £273 a year.

gavinb

« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2013, 09:00:08 pm »
Yeah mate not to bad i also had a call back from my session last night
1 @ £10 4 weekly .

windiewasher

« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2013, 09:29:41 pm »
Yeah mate not to bad i also had a call back from my session last night
1 @ £10 4 weekly .
Good work mate,keep it up.
Total £  so far.

Sean Dyer

« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2013, 11:09:32 pm »
Leaflets do work nick
I got £250 a month regular work from 10000 leaflets
Not including one offs which probably ran to a 1000 or more
Canvassing is easier and less cost but leaflets work when you aren't
Canvassing is a quick fix... Both have there place and a good mixture of the 2 will bring work in for fun, this is what I'm working on , but there's only one of me at the moment and I am tired out just cleaning glass...

roundbuilder

« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2013, 11:26:13 pm »
Leaflets do work nick
I got £250 a month regular work from 10000 leaflets
Not including one offs which probably ran to a 1000 or more
Canvassing is easier and less cost but leaflets work when you aren't
Canvassing is a quick fix... Both have there place and a good mixture of the 2 will bring work in for fun, this is what I'm working on , but there's only one of me at the moment and I am tired out just cleaning glass...
I agree with you mate.
However people go about gaining custies as long as its legal is all good!.

gavinb

« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2013, 08:06:16 pm »
No canvassing tonight just chasing up leads .

1 x £40 first clean / £12 fronts x 4 weekly
1 x £20 first clean / £12 terraced 4 weekly

windiewasher

« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2013, 08:07:53 pm »
No canvassing tonight just chasing up leads .

1 x £40 first clean / £12 fronts x 4 weekly
1 x £20 first clean / £12 terraced 4 weekly
Good lad,i didn't get out as I had my van signwritten tonight so waited in till he finished at 7pm  ;D
looks good though
Total £  so far.

gavinb

« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2013, 08:10:51 pm »
Get a pic up then mate .

windiewasher

« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2013, 08:39:03 pm »
Get a pic up then mate .
will do mate over the weekend!
Total £  so far.

gavinb

« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2013, 09:14:25 pm »
No canvassing tonight  :-\

Following up leads again puck up .
£120 guttering clean / £12 4 weekly afterwards
£40 insides and outs on a bungalow £12 outsides x fortnightly .

windiewasher

« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2013, 09:19:37 pm »
No cavassing me but picked up 2x 10 pounds 4 weekly jobs
Also 5 meeting on monday with conmercial clients for quotations.
Total £  so far.

roundbuilder

« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2013, 09:12:52 am »
Lol i didnt get out either!. Hitting it 2moz late morning.

windiewasher

« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2013, 10:13:36 am »
Lol i didnt get out either!. Hitting it 2moz late morning.
Mick did you want contact details for the telesales woman?
Total £  so far.

roundbuilder

« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2013, 12:05:38 pm »
Yes mate. Roundbuilder@hotmail.com.
Does she work from home?? And is it that kate from here from few years ago?.

windiewasher

« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2013, 12:48:34 pm »
Yes mate. Roundbuilder@hotmail.com.
Does she work from home?? And is it that kate from here from few years ago?.
Yeah she works from home.
No its not kate and its a tenner a hour and does a fantastic job.
Also sends you a sheet via email showing response and follow ups with contact deatails.email and phone numbers
Total £  so far.

gavinb

« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2013, 02:22:41 pm »
Puck up a £20 4 weekly today .
Priced up the whole house to clean too £200 .