davids3511

Re: Dog in the van
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2012, 10:13:14 pm »
Its not an old wives tale. White choc and milk choc isnt too bad but dark and especially cooking choc really can kill em.

G Griffin

« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2012, 10:17:10 pm »
Its not an old wives tale. White choc and milk choc isnt too bad but dark and especially cooking choc really can kill em.

So can water.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

stuart mc

« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2012, 10:21:39 pm »
I have just thought of a way to stop the barking ;D

davids3511

« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2012, 05:11:25 pm »

So can water.
Nah, old wives tale that mate.

Nameless Drudge

« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2012, 07:45:27 pm »

So can water.

Depends on the ampage!

G Griffin

« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2012, 09:38:08 pm »

So can water.

Is it? I just made it up  :D.
I must think like an old wife, then.
Anyway, the cows in the field opposite are lifting their tales. That means rain tomorrow  :-\.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

stuart mc

« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2012, 09:42:28 pm »

So can water.

Is it? I just made it up  :D.
I must think like an old wife, then.
Anyway, the cows in the field opposite are lifting their tales. That means rain tomorrow  :-\.

no that just means they are having a shyte ;) cows lie down with their back to the wind when weather is going to be bad ;) at least that is what I thought and asked my dad who used to be farmer and he grunted, or they could just be tired ;D

EandM

« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2012, 09:31:18 am »
Theobromine present in chocolate is poisonous to humans in sufficient quantities but usually doesn't affect us because we metabolize it very quickly. Domestic animals, including cats and dogs metabolize theobromine very slowly leading to poisoning leading to internal bleeding, heart attack and death. Apparently it's more hazardous to cats but they are unlikely to consume it in large quantities so it's rarely a problem. Generally the larger the dog the lower the risk but a given ration is about one one hundredth eg 20 kg dog / 20 g chocolate.
As stated previously theobromine content is much lower in white chocolate and highest in dark / cooking chocolate and Chocolate drops for dogs don't contain any at all.

In the good ol' USA it's being used as the base for a Coyote poison.

Not an old wives tale.

G Griffin

« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2012, 01:14:47 pm »
and never give it chocolate,it kills them.

That bit is an old wives tale.
Enough chocolate will kill a dog is not the same as never give it chocolate.
A human will die without water but will die if they drink too much. Hot water can freeze quicker than cold but it's not always the case.
See, it's not so black and white; or should that be dark and white?  ;D
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Ronnie Bryce

« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2012, 01:29:11 pm »
And don't throw crumb's of Christmas cake to Turkey's, if freak's them right out. Do you hear? I said they don't like it.

Steve Sed

« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2012, 01:29:47 pm »
and never give it chocolate,it kills them.

Give over; that's an old wives tale.
;D every dog I have had has stolen chocolate ate some point, usually stolen but no they never died. well they did but years later

Failed suicide attempts, Stu?  ;D

;D probably I read back my sentence and it makes no sense to me, is ate a word? according to my mrs chips kills them stone dead as well :o and chicken skin :-\

Chips and chocolate? Deep fried Mars bars kill enough Scotsmen, imagine the effect on dogs.

david wood

« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2012, 04:22:33 pm »
snails and slugs can also kill your dog they carry something called lung worm dont leave your dogs toys out in the garden i lost my dog a few months ago to this