windowcleaninginessex.co.uk

Today, wettest day of the year
« on: April 25, 2012, 07:45:18 am »
According to the sun newspaper and local radio.
One month's rainfall due today, 2 inches of rain.
I don't mind, done 3 pubs already and on my way home as it is now pouring down
---THE BEST YOU CAN GET---
www.windowcleaninginessex.co.uk

Crystal-clear

Re: Today, wettest day of the year
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 08:00:59 am »
I'm kinda looking outdoors now thinking mmmmmm ,,, I might give it a miss, problem is a few first cleans booked I'm sure they will understand,normally work in all weather but it's that wind which ain't looking nice.plus i know people will moan, il go out tomorrow still a wet day with showers but not this bad.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 08:07:14 am »
and :o :o :o

Jackal

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 08:09:27 am »
yeh rained earlier than i expected thought i could of done 2 hours this morning but started as i was still in bed,

give a bad day out today and tomorrow dont look any different yet, reckon a chill out day on the cards now,looking like a saturday is on the cards this week  :'(

jeremy evans

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 08:10:40 am »
Proper chucking it down here with a lovely strong wind, got to say i dont fancy it at all lol.

tompoole

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2012, 08:13:48 am »
get out and work,! you only get wet once  ::)

Roy Cauldery

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2012, 08:34:28 am »
*June*
The meteorological first month of summer, should see high pressure in control and some semblance of summery weather for all areas, these very warm and settled conditions should extend through the first week to ten days of the month.
High pressure atop the UK at first should slowly drift westward with a cooler and showery regime then establishing into the middle of month, a noticeable temperature drop for all areas as a northerly flow develops.
The middle of the month sees a more westerly orientated flow then establishing, low pressure potentially ramping up the breeze, rain and windier weather affecting all areas and feeling much cooler beneath the cloud and rainier spots.
This unsettled weather looks as if it'll be continuing through the remainder of June, only at the close of the month does it potentially settle once more, temperatures recovering as pressure builds in from the west, southern and eastern areas seeing the best of the conditions.

*July*
High pressure remains tantalisingly close to the UK, but just too far to the west to settle the weather into what one would normally expect for high summer. Cool with a breeze from the north or northwest, showers mainly for all areas but some indication of destabilisation at times into rather more organised showery bands. The west seeing fewer showers closest to high pressure established to the west.
Through to the middle of the month sees a reversal of fortunes with high pressure building across the UK and then to the settling to the east, a much warmer regime establishing across the bulk of the country as a southerly flow develops for a time.
Then unfortunately it's all downhill low pressure to the west encroaching eastward, showers breaking out widely then more organised rain as the Atlantic influence kicks in once more. Showers or longer spells of rain for all for a time through to the final week of July when the pattern attempts to redeem itself but I have my doubts whether it'll really make it, 'indifferent' would be the best term?

You might want to think of a career change everyone :o :o
Really bucketing down here-we called it off for the day as it started at 0630 before we were out
Now....whats on sky movies today? ;D
we succeed because others can't or won't

Roy Cauldery

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2012, 08:37:10 am »
*June*
The meteorological first month of summer, should see high pressure in control and some semblance of summery weather for all areas, these very warm and settled conditions should extend through the first week to ten days of the month.
High pressure atop the UK at first should slowly drift westward with a cooler and showery regime then establishing into the middle of month, a noticeable temperature drop for all areas as a northerly flow develops.
The middle of the month sees a more westerly orientated flow then establishing, low pressure potentially ramping up the breeze, rain and windier weather affecting all areas and feeling much cooler beneath the cloud and rainier spots.
This unsettled weather looks as if it'll be continuing through the remainder of June, only at the close of the month does it potentially settle once more, temperatures recovering as pressure builds in from the west, southern and eastern areas seeing the best of the conditions.

*July*
High pressure remains tantalisingly close to the UK, but just too far to the west to settle the weather into what one would normally expect for high summer. Cool with a breeze from the north or northwest, showers mainly for all areas but some indication of destabilisation at times into rather more organised showery bands. The west seeing fewer showers closest to high pressure established to the west.
Through to the middle of the month sees a reversal of fortunes with high pressure building across the UK and then to the settling to the east, a much warmer regime establishing across the bulk of the country as a southerly flow develops for a time.
Then unfortunately it's all downhill low pressure to the west encroaching eastward, showers breaking out widely then more organised rain as the Atlantic influence kicks in once more. Showers or longer spells of rain for all for a time through to the final week of July when the pattern attempts to redeem itself but I have my doubts whether it'll really make it, 'indifferent' would be the best term?

You might want to think of a career change everyone :o :o
Really bucketing down here-we called it off for the day as it started at 0630 before we were out
Now....whats on sky movies today? ;D

Thats come from www.weatherukonline by the way

Roy

Justen Uff

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2012, 08:38:12 am »
Now....whats on sky movies today?

Rainman?

;D

Roy Cauldery

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2012, 08:46:10 am »
No...'Ice Cold In Alex' ;D

Window Washers

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2012, 08:51:25 am »
if this weather carrys on, I can see a load of new work to be picked up from people quitting and getting a real job.

Water proofs are the order of the day
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2012, 09:13:34 am »
At home, bacon sandwich and a cup of coffee, what could be  better

jeremy evans

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2012, 09:18:40 am »
Been out done one custy who leaves the garage open for me and now i'm back home. I always leave Fridays free for one offs or playing catchup etc so todays can wait until then. Gives me a day to sit down and do last years accounts :-[

Ian101

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2012, 09:19:30 am »
Normally I just head on out and see what its like in area Im working (leaf from the book of Dazmond) however its really peeing it down in North Wales and wind picking up so think a day commercial canvassing on phone.

steeley

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2012, 09:22:57 am »
Doesn't look great out there, already had two days of getting soaked this week and you do get the old, your not going to clean in this today are you, "well madam i am but not on the ladder today i will use purified water as in the rain it leaves the best result."
But it is not great for any of us to work in this weather it leaves you feeling fed up, well it does me anyway. Whats everyones opion should we just all crack on despite weather and put up with odd moan. My problem is im just getting futher and futher behind with my round and also rely on my wage.

Roy Cauldery

« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2012, 09:33:19 am »
I think that you really have to make a safety call -we got gusts up to 50mph inland here in Kent,so no way with a pole today
Plus,we have been soaked every day for the last two weeks and I dont have it in my heart to ask my guys to go out again
We are going to sit it out and catch up saturday(if it dont rain of course!)

Ian101

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2012, 09:41:32 am »
Way I look at it the odd non day over a year dont really matter ... just a problem if u start taking CBA days when weather is good

mark mids

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2012, 09:44:01 am »
so what do you guys do, phone custy and tell them you cant make it or leave it to common sence? went out yestarday but to here in the midlands we got strong winds and its chuckin it down, im not going up ladders today.

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2012, 09:44:22 am »
I know some  say carry on and work in rain, but this is just too heavy to work in.
I know if someone came to clean my windows in this, I wouldnt won't it done.
Not only that, I don't imagine getting soaked every day can do you any good.

Window Washers

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2012, 09:45:16 am »
Doesn't look great out there, already had two days of getting soaked this week and you do get the old, your not going to clean in this today are you, "well madam i am but not on the ladder today i will use purified water as in the rain it leaves the best result."
But it is not great for any of us to work in this weather it leaves you feeling fed up, well it does me anyway. Whats everyones opion should we just all crack on despite weather and put up with odd moan. My problem is im just getting futher and futher behind with my round and also rely on my wage.
there is little reason unless its dangerous as Roy said, it has not stopped here and my vans are out, if you dont mind getting a little wet go out and clean
if people moan just miss them out but at the same time educate them that it makes  no difference if it does you will put it right, I would rather miss a couple than lose a days work.
The only excuse people can use when it is raining is because they dont like getting wet. (exception to very high winds and lightening)

I do feel for trad cleaners though as they cant work in the rain.

IMO never watch the weather forcast it is depressing.
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)