GDwindowcleaning

Re: rules for canvassing
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2012, 06:55:55 pm »
I was working on my own last night, how much do you think I should get in 3 hours?

roundbuilder

« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2012, 07:04:13 pm »
how long is a piece of string... i wasnt mocking you. i didnt realise u was a 1 man band. surely you should have a 4 or 5 man team. Hitting that on your own is good going.

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2012, 07:14:25 pm »
knocking doors rules -

4-when you do get customers always have a brew and chat that goes a long way

REALLY?  You'll waste a lot of time doing this.  I think Ive only ever had 2 cups of tea made by custies, and that was when i was desperate!  I've a friend who had a trad WC for 10 years paying £16 and jacked them in for a WFP for £40.  She said it was so much better because

1. the WFP guy brings his own water so she doesnt have to spend time sorting him out with water

AND

2. the WFP guy is so fast, he doesnt want a brew and so she doesnt have to stop whatever shes doing to talk to him and make him a drink!

She's an absolutely lovelly woman, who's really friendly etc, but she just loves the proffessinal WFP guy as he gets on, does his job, and gets off quickly

;D

iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2012, 07:55:55 pm »
I have another guy that works with me but he was busy, I will build a team over time but this is a new venture for me. The same rules apply trying to find canvassers as well as window cleaners... It takes time to build a good team.

The other issue is how much work the window cleaners want or can handle, it needs to be cleaned pretty quickly and not everyone wants to do huge amounts of first cleans...

diamond

« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2012, 08:24:47 am »
I have recently added window cleaning to my services. I started off carpet cleaning but hard to fill a year up cleaning carpets. All the window cleaners I have in the past did not know my name. I make it a piont of getting every customers name and using it when I see them. To me it goes along way.

dave f

« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2012, 04:23:02 pm »
unless your mr memory man its impossile to remember every single custys  name ???

diamond

DJCS

« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2012, 06:45:05 pm »
woo u kalin hillhitare8

dave the rave

« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2012, 08:35:53 pm »
Looks like a village has lost  its idiot  ;D

dave f

« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2012, 11:46:40 am »
do you realy think in your right mind some one is gonna carry note book in there pocket just in case they have a chance meeting whith a custy ,ho can you wait a minuet till i look in my book for your name ?get a grip i think you should stick to carpet cleaning no offence to you or carpet cleaners ;D

dave the rave

« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2012, 12:29:02 pm »
What about asking your client their name w hen cleaning or collecting  the money ? It's not rocket science

dave f

« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2012, 12:40:37 pm »
ive had enough of this point less drivell  ;D going canvassing must remember to ask names :o