knocking doors rules -

1-If Ex forces/inform everyone of this
2-uniformed and polished boots
3-write a list of everyone you know and get there custom
4-when you do get customers always have a brew and chat that goes a long way

dave the rave

Re: rules for canvassing
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2012, 07:34:56 am »
I knock on a houses till I get a job ,then carry on  ,telling the people that are in what I am doing clean the house so any  new  customer can see me doing the job  it worked yesterday will see how I get on today .the houses yesterday were semi s

Window Washers

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2012, 09:00:27 am »
I am planning to start a round .but what are the rules on canvassing  ie would you knock or put leaflets in doors or both? Any ideas would be helpful  8)
First rule of canvassing is to knock on the door
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

GarethB1

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2012, 11:08:22 am »
First rule of canvassing, there is no canvassing!  ;D

dave the rave

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2012, 12:18:50 pm »
Would it be wrong of me to start doing 3 houses because they donot like there existing window cleaner? 8)

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2012, 12:32:45 pm »
No not at all, I have always said that the only people I will take on the door are those with no cleaner and those unhappy with the one they got. Just never compete on price....

dave the rave

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2012, 08:34:38 am »
i have priced every house at £! per window never asked what they pay at present.That way i do not know if i under cut or over price.

Ian101

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2012, 08:44:27 am »
i have priced every house at £! per window never asked what they pay at present.That way i do not know if i under cut or over price.

best way mate

dave f

« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2012, 06:55:59 pm »
agree aint got a prob cavasing, to the ones who say its a free market wait untill some one under cuts nicks call it what you will ,you will soon start to sing a different tune when your round gets hit its also nieve to sugest that nobody under cuts  i may start doing what my buddy dose and start handing in flyers in to hmrc who i susspect are doggy

dave the rave

« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2012, 09:28:19 pm »
Is a pound a window too cheap ?

bobby p

« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2012, 09:38:36 pm »
try to think of something extra free that sets you apart ,everybody like something extra free

i throw in  an extra that takes but a minute, polishing the front door .  or the inside  of the kitchen window  only

dave f

« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2012, 06:50:01 am »
read properly i dint say its not a free market if you read back on some of the older post i wrote one of which said i aint got a problem with canvassing  the reason i moaned is that i had just done a house it was dripping wet it also had my ticket in for all to see. iwas on the opposit house at the time  but the guy still went ahead and stuck a flyer in so my question to you, would you like it if it happend to you??? it i think not

H2GoKent

« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2012, 07:07:17 am »
When I leaflet I put one through all houses in a road, or knock.
They may have a windy but their Mum or someone might not and they will pass on your leaflet.
Some of my best has come through people passing on my number/leaflet to other people they know.
And if you knock they can see you are polite and not a ratbag so their recommendation will be even stronger.

I had one say 'he seems like a nice young man' (I'm 40!) ;D
Young compared to her I suppose, bless her.  ;D
A manager is generally someone who has been promoted to the position by someone else who didn't see them as a threat.
Hence all people are promoted to the level of their incompetence

ringo1968

« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2012, 11:33:13 am »
Done 10 til 3, picked up 2  :o its soul destroying.. How they hell can you do this day in day out

Is canvassing in the evenings better or actually during the day itself?

DJCS

« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2012, 12:22:53 pm »
If you are losing work to the undercutters on a regular basis it may be down to the type of custys you have,if when you built your round you went in cheap to get work you may have attracted the type who swap cleaners to save 50p.

CleartechLee

« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2012, 12:29:48 pm »
no idea i've normally had enough by about 2pm. Only done a few days so far

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2012, 12:41:53 pm »
I did 5 till 8 last night in an area that has been constantly marketed with leaflets and still picked up 117.50 in new work so the time is very important. The earliest i would start is 2pm....

CleartechLee

« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2012, 12:44:53 pm »
G you need to reply to my mail still mate  8)

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2012, 12:48:47 pm »
Sorry Lee, been flat out but will get on to it today as have more time due to working local....

I was restricted by weather yesterday, if i could have started at 2 i would have doubled that at least....

roundbuilder

« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2012, 06:28:53 pm »
Gd surely hitting amounts like tbat isnt good???.or are you a 1 man band??