blocked WHY?
« on: January 02, 2012, 09:18:34 am »
Morning all, why has aquadapter again been blocked, i am up and ready to go!
had a little sleep thoughts now are,
I did not buy a washing machine, a tv, or a car, just a simple plastic thing on end of a pole.
In my life i have taken many things back to the shops, NEVER have I come across anyone who defends the issue like this.
its only £60 , but it is MY £60 ,not his.
normaly when you have a case like this, not fit for purpose,you would not want a replacement , just your money back, so when refused you would take court action. As I could have done, It would have been easy to prove as Paul has admitted this was the case.
However we all know it would hardly be worth it,but I have to say Pauls refusal to reimburse me says a lot about him and the way HE operates HIS business, not a company that I for one wish to deal with.
someone mentioned me, that I should be ashamed of myself,   dont worry about me you wont be doing business with me ,it is Paul that you should worry about you could do business with him, hence this topic .
This forum is for us , window cleaners, he is a retailer who wishes to prey on our profits   fair enough,but we are on here to help each other , so  i am letting you all know about MY experience with aquadapter. should you wish to take notice, its up to you.  
So Paul, I will ask again, will you please refund me my £60.00 thankyou.
Alan

Lee GLS

Re: blocked?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 09:27:04 am »
Alan, you wouldn't have a leg to stand on on court, I would love to see you try, but you would fail miserably.

There are people on the forum who don't like aqua dapters, but everyone knows Paul is a decent guy and does everything right.

It's unfair the way you vent your vendetta against him, and I'm sure there is no one on your side in this case.

What I don't understand is why you didn't want replacements what you where 'really impresses' in the first place?

H S and Son

Re: blocked WHY?
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 09:37:17 am »
What do you mean aquadapter has again been blocked?

Lee GLS

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 09:49:35 am »
What do you mean aquadapter has again been blocked?

The topic about the mk3 has been locked

H S and Son

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2012, 09:53:42 am »
Cheers Lee.

bumper

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2012, 10:03:11 am »
I say we all chip in for the £60 say £2.00 each  ;D

IM IN

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2012, 10:37:51 am »
Lee, I just dont understand you at all, why do you defend a company that sold me an item that DID fail , simple.
I would have won in court .
why does he hide behind rules of engagement,
items failed, customer not happy, refund him, & SHUT HIM UP happy days.
HE MUST NEED THE MONEY .
Would you have the same stance if it was dixons , john lewis etc.
its all about  customer service isnt it, if you have faith in product self respect and PRIDE give the customer thier money back.
Lee, have you ever been to court re something like this? well I have much much bigger; took on  BARRISTERS , SOLICITORS AND WON.
There is something underlying between you two?
I dont dislike Paul ,aquadapter I resent the fact that he would not call me , still wont ,
look i dont want a replacement for a few reasons that if i posted them i probably would do his company some damage, but they are only MY opinions,
this is not a vendetta i just want my money back .
Alan

Pope vader

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2012, 10:44:17 am »
take him to court then

Lee GLS

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2012, 10:53:38 am »
take him to court then

Exactly!!

I am defending him because you waited too long to contact him. If I purchased something from curries, comet, Argos ect, and it broke within a week I would have been straight back to them, not leaving it 5-6 weeks!!

Aqua dapper offer a money back guarantee, return it in 1 month and get your money back, you didn't do that, that is your fault.

Regardless of when it broke they are not legally obliged to refund you, the are well within their right to offer an exact or better replacent.

There is no way you would have win in court, drop it, get on with your life.

Paul I wouldnt waste any more of your time on this idiot.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2012, 10:58:36 am »
I think this should be put to the vote if you and aquadapter agree.

After all votes have been verified after 2 days.

Winner takes all then either you aqua pays up or you bow down gracefully we can put this to bed

Lee.... Not taking his calls is a bad thing surely ?

gary999

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2012, 10:59:46 am »
i know very little about this argument

personally if i buy anything and its faulty i either ask
for a replacement or if i decide i dont want one i demand
my money back and those occasions i have never failed to
get my money back from a shop,supplier etc.

from the little ive read getting 50% of your money
wouldnt be good enough it all seems very strange to me

Lee GLS

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2012, 11:02:11 am »
I think a vote would be a great idea.

Dave, if he has genuinely been ignoring calls the that is out of order, BUT the way Alan has been handling himself on here I would take it a gospel! Even if it were true, it's still doesnt entitle him to a full refund!

Tom White

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2012, 11:08:32 am »

Agreed!

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2012, 11:09:53 am »
Maybe but if it is true, then it is a bit naughty

I think you have a right to speak to someone, even if it's an Indian call centre

Halfadaylee

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2012, 11:13:41 am »
A vote, what for.
Paul has done all /more than is required buy law and its not his fault that he is dealing with a guy that does not seem to have the intelligence to realize that.
I can not see what a vote would achieve other than feuling Alan mis placed belief that he is owed something.
Take him to Court Alan and stop bleating on here.
Art

gary999

« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2012, 11:14:06 am »
take him to court then

Exactly!!

I am defending him because you waited too long to contact him. If I purchased something from curries, comet, Argos ect, and it broke within a week I would have been straight back to them, not leaving it 5-6 weeks!!

Aqua dapper offer a money back guarantee, return it in 1 month and get your money back, you didn't do that, that is your fault.

Regardless of when it broke they are not legally obliged to refund you, the are well within their right to offer an exact or better replacent.

There is no way you would have win in court, drop it, get on with your life.

just read post above if all is true then seems fair.

doesnt mean he wouldnt win in court,if the guy in question can prove
he tried to make contact within that time and had no response from
shop or manufacturer then he has a case.

have been down this road my self with a shop and manufacturer
not window cleaning i tried constantly to get in touch and had
no response untill product fell out of warranty then tried to tell
me i had waited too long.

took them to court both shop and manufacturer ere found liable
got my refund and they paid my costs.

you are protected by law generally within or out of a manufacturers
guarantee it all depends on the circumstances

Lee GLS

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2012, 11:14:56 am »

I think you have a right to speak to someone, even if it's an Indian call centre

You are right, but unfortunately there are many online shops that you cant talk too. I'm  sure that they have only just got a contact number or are in the process of getting one.  

gary999

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2012, 11:20:35 am »

You are right, but unfortunately there are many online shops that you cant talk too. I'm  sure that they have only just got a contact number or are in the process of getting one.  

mmm seems dogdy buying from any company without a contact number
personally i wouldnt.

this sounds murkier to me by the minute and dont think you are
doing this company any favours by putting the above post up

Aqua-dapter

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2012, 11:22:47 am »
Hi David,

I think this should be put to the vote if you and aquadapter agree.

After all votes have been verified after 2 days.

Winner takes all then either you aqua pays up or you bow down gracefully we can put this to bed

We'll go with that, if Alan will agree that this puts an end to the matter?

Paul

P.S. I'm drafting a response to explain about telephone calls.  I hope our record of responding on CIU and customer's reviews in general would tell you that we would never ignore a contact from a customer.

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2012, 11:27:33 am »
HI DAVE GREAT IDEA.
WHOEVER WINS MONEY DONATED TO CHARITY DAVE DECIDES
PAUL NO DRAFTS JUST RING ME
I NEVER CAME ON HERE TO GAIN MONEY BACK ONLY TO MAKE WC AWARE!

Halfadaylee

« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2012, 11:36:44 am »
HI DAVE GREAT IDEA.

Who ever wins what?
Money to charity from where?
Isn't the vote for the guys on here to vote on if they think your right, Paul pays you the £60.00
But if the vote goes against you, you do not get the disputed £60.

Again you seem to struggle with the basics of whats on offer/or to do.
Paul will be on a loser either way because if he wins, I still can't see Alan letting this go.
Art

Aqua-dapter

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2012, 11:41:43 am »
Lee.... Not taking his calls is a bad thing surely ?

We never 'ignored' a call from Alan, but this does need some explaining...

We started as a web shop with all comms online.  The Cleaning Show was the first time we dealt with customers face to face.  We sold A LOT of Aqua-dapters at the show, but even so with all the costs involved possibly only made a little or just broke even.

We are still a very small team, at the time there was only me dealing with Customer Service issues.

We had a telephone answering service.  They would put calls through to someone else to take Sales Enquiries (someone who worked at the show with us, but didn't have an in-depth knowledge of the product).

Messages about Customer Service issues were forwarded to me, and I responded to every one with an email, usually within a few minutes, in virtually every case the same day.

I was personally dealing with all of this from 7:30am to 11:30pm most days including weekends and simply wouldn't have had time to call everyone back.  I did email in response to every message including all of Alan's messages and emails.  I am not looking for sympathy, just explaining the situation.  

After we won the awards at the show, we wanted to take advantage of the good publicity and get out and see more distributors and potential customers.

But, about a week later we started getting complaints about them becoming stiff.  This had only happened occasionally before so we suggested the usual things that had caused the problem (needed cleaning, overtightening, twisted hose etc), but the problems kept occuring and we couldn't understand why.

A few weeks later through much effort we found that we had been supplied a faulty batch of plastic parts, which would swell after being in use for a few days!  The plastics supplier has since gone out of business!

So we'd done nothing wrong (couldn't have foreseen the problem) but suddenly had all those Aqua-dapters out there that were possibly going to fail!

We published the info on our blog and offered replacements to everyone (rather than repairs) at considerable cost.  Fortunately the vast majority of customers were very understanding and happy with the way we dealt with the situation.  So rather than having an advantage from the show, we were now well down on where we hoped to be.

We'd always dealt with Customer Service issues by email (still do primarily) for various reasons of efficiency and having a record of what was said to who.  Of course, when the email went out we suddenly were deluged with enquiries, returns etc., not to mention still trying to keep sales going!

Email was just the most efficient way of dealing with enquiries, and still is.  We do have a Telephone Number, but still prefer email comms if possible, so there's a record of everything.  Now that we have some more admin help, and don't have the situation of hundreds of returns to deal with while trying to keep the company afloat, we are able to call people more often now, as I mentioned to Scott on the other thread.

Paul

P.S. Going out now.  Will check in later.

« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2012, 11:54:26 am »
There u go,
dont know about you but endless e mails trying to solve a problem is not for me.
this has been fun though.

wants to keep a record of everything why, court action in future maybe
lets do the vote and yes the money goes to a charity
if i dont deserve it he certainly dont

gary999

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2012, 11:54:38 am »
none of my business but you may consider email comms more efficient
but customers prefer having some one to talk to nothing
more irritating than not being able to talk to a company if there is a
problem or you are trying to buy an item.

maybe you should change your preferences
it might avoid a similar problem again

just a suggestion :)

Scrimble

« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2012, 12:25:25 pm »
paul dont waste anymore time with that tool, if i was you i would have told him to jog the f on ages ago

« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2012, 12:34:46 pm »
Gary i bought it a the show in bimingham last year face to face.
Simple    explain yourself .
Daylee what about me am i not a loser, offer, what offer,
Thank you Gary

Frankybadboy

« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2012, 01:26:33 pm »
HI DAVE GREAT IDEA.

read the bottom line quote"I NEVER CAME ON HERE TO GAIN MONEY BACK ONLY TO MAKE WC AWARE"

all you done is go on about wanting yourfull refund  back,if you only wanted to make w/c aware all you had to say was rubbish to everything :o

Aqua-dapter

« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2012, 04:05:51 pm »
Hi Gary,

It's not the situation now, I was just explaining why it was at the time (1 of me and hundreds of returns/replacements, sales and tracking down the cause of the problem to deal with).  We publish a number on the website.

With the number of emails we get "sent from my iPhone" etc. many customers are able to email while out and about so it hasn't really been a problem even though we've dealt with hundreds of customers/enquiries this way (only 2 who have got upset about it that I can recall).

Responding by email means we have been able to reply out of hours, and keeping a record of things by email just means things don't get forgotten e.g. if a customer emails in with a question, we can check that it has been replied to.  Now that we have someone else working on Sales and Admin too they can look back through the emails between us and a particular customer, instead of me trying to remember it all!

Paul

« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2012, 05:29:54 pm »
back from lunch, right,
 I did not, do not, expect MY money back, however when Paul raised his head maybe,
 but, I am very happy for it to go to charity. Let me just say it is only because of this forum that I am able to have my say,  
we, I , are able to communicate with each other and make aware  of when a  supplier is out of order or not. We are consumers and should protect and help each other but clearly not here.
I see your home now Paul so lets settle.

gary999

« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2012, 05:30:22 pm »
Hi Gary,

It's not the situation now, I was just explaining why it was at the time (1 of me and hundreds of returns/replacements, sales and tracking down the cause of the problem to deal with).  We publish a number on the website.

With the number of emails we get "sent from my iPhone" etc. many customers are able to email while out and about so it hasn't really been a problem even though we've dealt with hundreds of customers/enquiries this way (only 2 who have got upset about it that I can recall).

Responding by email means we have been able to reply out of hours, and keeping a record of things by email just means things don't get forgotten e.g. if a customer emails in with a question, we can check that it has been replied to.  Now that we have someone else working on Sales and Admin too they can look back through the emails between us and a particular customer, instead of me trying to remember it all!

Paul

no offence meant and no need to explain it was just a observation

but thanks for the response even  though there was no need :)

« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2012, 05:48:33 pm »
paul come on before silly bolloc-s sticks his oar in,
or are you preparing a draft.
Alan

boshravie

« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2012, 08:24:51 pm »

well Said  :)

ashbash

« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2012, 08:55:58 pm »
what a boring waste of time reading this has been. your not getting your money back. hes give his reasons. move on or take him to court but you wont because you cant possibly win and its not worth the effort. get a grip.

very very sad.   

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2012, 08:59:18 pm »
I dont think its sad at all

Pristine is genuinely feeling hard done to by a supplier.

I agree, I do think its run its course on here though.

« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2012, 09:18:32 pm »
Dave can we just see if paul will agree to donating £60 to a charity of your choice .
if so i agree to let it lie,
nothing like a good ding dong over xmas though, ive enjoyed it hope some of you to,
HAPPY NEW YEAR.
Alan.
ps i loved the name in poll, spelt a bit weird though.

H S and Son

« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2012, 09:23:56 pm »

I'm mighty pleased to hear that Alan. No offence was meant whatever others were implying. Good for you.

gary999

« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2012, 10:35:25 pm »
what a boring waste of time reading this has been. your not getting your money back. hes give his reasons. move on or take him to court but you wont because you cant possibly win and its not worth the effort. get a grip.

very very sad.   

oh my god ;D what a ridiculas post..you read the WHOLE post then
pronounced it boring ;D ;D ;D ;D

gary999

« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2012, 10:36:42 pm »

I'm mighty pleased to hear that Alan. No offence was meant whatever others were implying. Good for you.
;Dsensitive aint we! ;D

H S and Son

« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2012, 10:40:37 pm »
Not in the least Gary, I think you simply mis-read my post. Glad Alan didnt.

gary999

« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2012, 10:52:06 pm »
Not in the least Gary, I think you simply mis-read my post. Glad Alan didnt.

not at all if you look at the poll post you see a smiley face at the
end of each post signifying amusement :)

« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2012, 09:07:15 am »
morning all no work rain.  I dont do rain
seems to have gone quiet, hows the poll doing ,
i hope it works out for charity,
Paul you up yet.

H S and Son

« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2012, 12:59:24 pm »
WHOEVER WINS MONEY DONATED TO CHARITY

How about guys that you donate to my hospice cause, which is still running. Im sure most would agree a very worthy cause for those in an extremly difficult position.

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/MatthewBateman

All donors are listed on the page above so the fact that they have carried out their part of the agreement can be confirmed by anyone.

Aqua-dapter

« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2012, 01:28:44 pm »
Hi Matt,

I called Alan and we spoke on the phone this morning  :o

We agreed that regardless of the outcome of the poll while it ran, both we and Alan would donate £50 to a charity and let the matter rest.

So, I've just done that and hope Alan will too.

It's a shame this misunderstanding occurred and rumbled on for so long :-*

Paul

« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2012, 01:57:02 pm »
YES AT LAST THERE IS PEACE ON EARTH.
Matt    please contact me as i do not know who or how to donate
Alan

H S and Son

« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2012, 02:18:03 pm »
If you go here http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/MatthewBateman click on the 'donate now' tab.

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2012, 02:32:18 pm »
Peace at last I was getting bored of this one as I didnt have an opinion either way.
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

H S and Son

« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2012, 09:52:57 pm »
Paul, thanks for your donation.

Alan, did you need any other information apart from the donation page

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/MatthewBateman

to make your donation?

« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2012, 04:07:01 pm »
HI MATT. ALL DONE GOOD LUCK .
ALAN .

DaveG

« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2012, 04:09:20 pm »
Now, are we sure this is settled ;D.............

runs for cover!!
You can't polish a turd

« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2012, 04:56:10 pm »
Hi H2OSE

Yes it is settled, did not get my money back though, in fact cost me more.
         But Paul and I, have buried the hatchet.
          Matts charity was the winner, rightly so.
           p.s   did you vote for me?

OH  WELL.

Lee GLS

« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2012, 04:58:00 pm »
           p.s   did you vote for me?

No  :o ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2012, 05:05:55 pm »
   WHAT!  YOU DID NOT VOTE FOR ME EITHER,
   THATS IT IM OFF
   I THOUGHT I COULD DEPEND ON YOU.

NOT REALLY!      IM BEGINNING TO LIKE YOUR PICTURE NOW.
    ALAN  XX