dazmond

Re: This guy has given me the hump
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2011, 08:31:54 am »
i thought his website was quite funny!!

littered with spelling mistakes and he has a massive chip on his shoulder!he defo got a few chairs kicked over in the attic!he does make a few valid points about doley windys though.

the reason he can only clean 14 houses a day is that there probably scattered here,there and everywhere as the more established cleaners have got large areas "sewn up" so to speak!!

i have lots of very compact work and have built up a very decent round but ive been going 18 years.i remember when i was starting up it was very difficult to get compact work due to another guy who was well established.in the end i sold this work on as i had underpriced it as well to get the work.

as for the mistrust of wfp he ll get a system if he takes window cleaning seriously and wants to make it a proper business in the 21st century!

i had similar views on wfp after 16+ years as a trad window cleaner but its simply the most efficient,safer and better way to clean most windows esp upper windows and frames.

the comments about all window cleaners who charge less than a tenner are dole scroungers is completely wrong!!to air these views on his website just goes to show what sort of guy he is at present!he s deluded and has a lot to learn!

regards

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

dickie

« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2011, 02:00:49 pm »
two more steps up that ladder and he wont be cleaning anything for a while.

cozy

« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2011, 02:13:03 pm »
I haven't read the whole thread, haven't took the time, however, I'd like to say, I've had a few good tips from people who've done really well in business. One of them was never put the opposition down in front of others. Makes you look and sound desperate. I'm still trad for a few reasons. If I lived in UK with the domestic windows and access problems you guys get, I would be 100% WFP. When I see bay windows with tops and sloping roofs with dodgey tiles etc etc. It's a no brainer.

I also think the guy has a scattered round and has problems pricing up his work. He will be thinking "How can others earn enough at this game without cutting corners".

The truth is, when I first started, I had old salts working for me on domestics. It was these guys that showed me how to fan a window properly, and I was employing them!!

They showed me how to work smarter instead of just harder. Why we clean 2 panes next to eachother instead of one at a time etc etc.

I suspect nobody has shown him this sort of stuff and he can't see himself getting anywhere or getting faster. This will make him bitter and give him this negative attitude to WFP guys or guys that are cheaper. With time, he'll get himself sorted. If not, tough. Get another job.

j timms

Re: This guy has given me the hump late reply
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2012, 08:59:12 am »
Just read this thread and must admit don't know what your all moaning about.
The guy is just bigging up
trad the same way in which the wfp brigade do with their system. I personally think both trad and wfp are great methods used correctly but there are occasions when one or the other works better. I think this forum should be used to help and encourage each other to provide a great service to all our loyal customers out there. He does come across a bit aggressively deluded that trad is better but a lot on here do about wfp. I worked 15 years for a company that had wfp and trad options and used both methods according to what customer wanted. Been on own for 5 years and am about to add wfp to my round but will use it alongside trad giving me both options and more leeway. Like it or not some custys prefer trad some wfp, do both happy days. I never slag wfp or trad off just bad window cleaners. This forum has been great in helping me decide the right equipment to buy for my system and seems to have lots of great troubleshooting advice for new wfp users. Have to say it bugs me like mad when people ruthlessly slag trade off

j timms

Re: This guy has given me the hump late reply
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2012, 09:24:50 am »
Just read this thread and must admit don't know what your all moaning about.
The guy is just bigging up
trad the same way in which the wfp brigade do with their system. I personally think both trad and wfp are great methods used correctly but there are occasions when one or the other works better. I think this forum should be used to help and encourage each other to provide a great service to all our loyal customers out there. He does come across a bit aggressively deluded that trad is better but a lot on here do about wfp. I worked 15 years for a company that had wfp and trad options and used both methods according to what customer wanted. Been on own for 5 years and am about to add wfp to my round but will use it alongside trad giving me both options and more leeway. Like it or not some custys prefer trad some wfp, do both happy days. I never slag wfp or trad off just bad window cleaners. This forum has been great in helping me decide the right equipment to buy for my system and seems to have lots of great troubleshooting advice for new wfp users. Have to say it bugs me like mad when people ruthlessly slag trade off

colley614

« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2012, 09:44:39 am »
You know I'd really like the Federation of Window Cleaners to leave him a comment.........Oh and maybe Brodex, both come on here don't they?

paul kitchiner

« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2012, 06:41:56 pm »
http://robinson-solutions.blogspot.com/2011/08/uks-window-cleaners-call-to-stop.html

The part where he claims traditional is better than wfp...Here here. There's fors and against for both methods. 
clearly demonstrates his 1 years worth of window cleaning knowledge.

Whats wrong with him say Trad is better than wfp? Lots of my customers prefer  it to wfp

"Some" customers may prefer it. But i'll think you'll find that wfp when used correctly, it will provide better and longer lasting results.

"Some" customers still clean there inside windows with vinegar and newspaper.. point here is the customers are not experts in window cleaning.

Sorry but I just dont buy the better and longer laster results answer, how can it possibly be better? I can go squeegee a window and leave it spotless, so can wfp I agree but how is that better? Equal maybe but not better. As for longer lasting, really? I'm not sure on that, once a bird craps on the window etc it's dirty and regardless of wether it was done trad or wfp its got poop on it and thats that. And as for the some customers still clean the insides with vinegar and newspaper, thats almost as bad as the wfp only guys using a spray bottle and microfibre when an applicator and sqeegee would be so much better!

That said having had a look at the guys web page I think most of what he says should give you the hump and lots of it way b4 the part where he claims trad is better than wfp. Anyone who charges less than a tenner is rubbish for instance.......please

In my opinion there will always be room for both wfp and trad, and a good window cleaner should be able to offer both these services.

neil s

« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2012, 09:34:12 pm »
Look at trad sad cleaner post only one of the same I believe

stuart mc

« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2012, 09:48:39 pm »
Look at trad sad cleaner post only one of the same I believe

yes when I read your post I looked at your location and did think of this post, sounded familiar

Blast Away

« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2012, 10:13:27 pm »
The Window Man does not use vast amounts of water upto 1200 litres per a van, plus more in storage.  There is no electric kept on 24 hours a day to produce pure wate.  Traditional window cleaners don't use no where near the same amounts of fuel, due to the fact vast amounts of water are not carried in cars/vans. 1 cubic metre of water weighs 1 ton

He's so bitter I swear he must be a Man City fan.

tom cronin

« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2012, 07:46:30 pm »
I like the way in one breath he says the dodgy window cleaners have whole areas sown up, the in the next breath saying no window cleaner has got one whole area sown up looool

Londoner

« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2012, 09:31:13 am »
the comments about all window cleaners who charge less than a tenner are dole scroungers is completely wrong!!

Not completely wrong Daz. There is a valid point lurking in there somewhere.