gordonswindows

Re: fell down a manhole at showroom
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2011, 08:03:15 pm »
Cmon, grow a pair it was your own fault

you only wanted to brag about the awful Porsche anyway

In fact go back to the showroom and thank the guy cos when you slipped the meteorite that fell from the sky just missed taking your head off

Gordon
Don't Give Up
@askforthemoney

gordonswindows

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2011, 08:09:49 pm »
Oh and you need to fill in the blanks on your web site terms page

http://www.windowcleandirect.co.uk/terms.html

Try writing your own next time rather than "use" someone else's

Gordon

ps People in glass houses

Don't Give Up
@askforthemoney

« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2011, 08:38:31 pm »
as i was walking over some grass iv lost my feet after walking on somethin n somersaulted throwing keys in to the air and when getting to my feet n dustin meself off i was a fair distance from an open manhole,

Am I missing something here.
The title says FELL DOWN A MANHOLE whilst the description of the event sounds anything but falling down a manhole.
I hate this claim mentality stuff that we've imported from the USA. It's always someone elses fault apart from your own. Try looking where you're walking, those amazing items we were given called eyes are there for a reason.

richywilts

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2011, 09:25:05 pm »
Oh and you need to fill in the blanks on your web site terms page

http://www.windowcleandirect.co.uk/terms.html

Try writing your own next time rather than "use" someone else's

Gordon

ps People in glass houses

dont know what ya on about i didnt write the terms for my website i had my website built by roodee webdesign
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

richywilts

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2011, 09:30:40 pm »
think ya all got this wrong the man hole cover wasnt secured properly its not as if iv walked into an open man hole so what if i claim against it thats my decision n i pay more than enough in insurance three vehicles cost me over 4grand a year so a nice little claim can contribute to them payments
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

Lee GLS

« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2011, 09:42:53 pm »
think ya all got this wrong the man hole cover wasnt secured properly its not as if iv walked into an open man hole so what if i claim against it thats my decision n i pay more than enough in insurance three vehicles cost me over 4grand a year so a nice little claim can contribute to them payments

and thats why everyone insurance goes up, you should be a footballer, they are a bunch of puss'ys  too, i hope that you will be ok for money this month as you are quite clearly badly hurt from you accident, was it boring being at home all day done nothing because you were not able to work because of the pain?

richywilts

« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2011, 09:48:15 pm »
who ya calling a girl thingy???? my neck is in pain so what if peoples premiums are going up if im entitled to compensation then why not go for it do u think showrooms giv a poop charging u high apr rates on cars etc
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

mikecam

« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2011, 09:49:13 pm »
w
would i have a good case for a claim i did mention it in showroom but didnt record anything

what actions should i take

As an employer you should know this basic stuff. What you gonna do if one of your employees has an accident/incident, ask here for advice ?

mci services

« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2011, 09:57:50 pm »
I take it with that attitude, that if a member of the public trips over your bright yellow hose as it runs over a patch of grass, and you only put cones out on the pathway, that you will be happy with them claiming, especially when your premium shoots up next renewal date, because some halfwit wasn't looking at where they were walking and was eyeing up something in the distance.

You will just say oh well they deserve to claim, he had a grazed knee after all, and that member of the public will be he will ok in his assumption that, well who cares he has three vehicles on the road so who cares ???

bobby p

« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2011, 10:07:30 pm »
what was the word in at the showroom workwise ?

« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2011, 10:18:14 pm »
its not as if iv walked into an open man hole

I suggest that if you are going to go ahead with a claim that you get everything right, afterall you titled this topic fell down a manhole at showroom when you now say you didn't fall down a manhole but actually slipped on a manhole cover. I'll accept for whatever reasons that the cover wasn't secure enough.

Secondly, there's a reason why insurance premiums are going up each year way above the rate of inflation and it's not to do with profit margins. Right or wrong it's to do with insurance under writers trying to catch up financially with all the extra claims that they've had to pay out on. This is turn means 'some' decide it's fair game to make a claim for whatever reason just to get some payback on their premiums. Guess what happens next? yes the premiums go up again and again and again.
Great news for those of us who buy insurance 'just in case' but whilst never claiming finding the premiums keep going up. Hardly fair is it? So don't be surprised if not everyone is on your side.

bobplum

« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2011, 10:21:23 pm »
ou do what you feel is right richy..............end of

alanwilson

« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2011, 10:31:50 pm »
richie is only plugging this to talk about his cayman.

hey Richie I have a real Porsche - 2007 GT3RS

by the way, claiming for that is ludicrous, you are bruised but nothing is broken - just point out the problem to the landowner and let them sort it out.

I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!

Lee GLS

« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2011, 10:38:49 pm »
Yeah, why was there a need to say what car you were looking at, would you gave told us if you were looking at a new ford fiesta, I can car name drop to, I gave somthing far better than your GT3RS Alan, I have an 05 c-max :P.

Richy, take an aspirin, and get over it.

G Griffin

« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2011, 10:48:49 pm »
richie is only plugging this to talk about his cayman.

hey Richie I have a real Porsche - 2007 GT3RS

And I`ve got a real manhole cover on my drive  ;).
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

richywilts

« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2011, 10:52:25 pm »
i wasnt looking to buy it just seen it n thought id have a look at it why would i brag about a 22grand car,

i aint got my storey mixed up its hard to explain the manhole cover isnt fixed down properly and i think when iv walked over it it was scew if so when iv stepped on it its flipped under my weight, my foot has gone downwards into the hole my momentum carried me on n iv caught my foot on the edge n somersaulted.

maybe you would all take a different view on this if it was ya nan
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

Rogue Trader

« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2011, 10:56:18 pm »
i agree that the claim culture that we have in this day and age is absolutely ludicrous , dont get involved in it as it is a mugs game , ok you may get  few quid but the bigger picture is that you are contributing to a long term hike in premiums that nobody will be welcoming , c'mon richie you are obviously someone who wants a bit more in life and is prepared to take a risk in employing and growing your business but you slip over and suddenly you wanna claim off someone ::) ::) be true to yerself and forget this nonsense!

wezzy32

« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2011, 10:58:14 pm »
you must go and tell them m8 as it may be a lilltle kid next time and may not be as lucky as you.
and i bet those with kids would soon put a claim in if anything happend to them.so just go and tell them and record the accident.
and see if you have got the job ;D
keep on smiling

gordonswindows

« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2011, 09:35:36 pm »
Does having your Nan pricing showrooms make you an employer ?

As a once famous person said "calm down dear"

look just check how your webpage terms displays ok?

Gordon

Don't Give Up
@askforthemoney

niceandclean

« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2011, 11:15:19 pm »

As a once famous person said "calm down dear"

Was that David Cameron?
 ;D