RO-Sheen

Re: What were your first ever jobs?
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2011, 11:33:44 pm »
Started off as a bikini waxer but then went on as a gynaecologist.................... Wasn't actually qualifiied but more of a hobby really!  ;D
Formerly known as GARGAAX

RO-Sheen

« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2011, 11:38:35 pm »
Paper round
Sold Pinks round pubs (A North East football paper)
Worked in a Kebab shop, which is pretty funny since I've got slanty eyes.
Joined the army and stuck it for 17 years.
Did a brief spell as a security guard whilst building up some window cleaning work.
Window Cleaner till present.

I've had some pretty high status jobs, as you can see!

You had varied work experience mate and that goes along way and I bet it helped you with your business! I had an academic career before I went into w/c but my qualifications didnt put as much bread on the table so don't think you are an under achiever.

RO-Sheen

« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2011, 11:47:02 pm »
I should point out...... im not really a gynaecologist. i'm a chemist. Not quite as exciting! haha

Tom White

« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2011, 11:50:58 pm »
so don't think you are an under achiever.

Thanks for your kind words, but I'm okay with my work history.  I was fairly successful in the army, I reached the rank of Staff Sergeant and was in a Warrant Officer Class 2's post (and received the pay of higher rank), but I liked to drink "quite a lot" and ended up with a bad attitude and in a fair bit of trouble; I even got my MP involved even though it was pretty much mostly my fault.

So I chucked the army; I bought myself out; I was out within two weeks after 17 years service.

On reflection it was the best thing I could've done.  Had I not had gotten in all that trouble and did a 'runner', I would've had several tours in Iraq/Afghanistan and been pensioned off in November 2010 (six months ago) and 'Gawd' only knows what I would be doing now had I not left when I did.  

I'd probably be a low-life gardener or something!  ??? ::) ;D ;)

bobby p

« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2011, 11:56:00 pm »
i reck most folk stumble into window cleaning and not sure why and where it will end.  but thats the draw of it,it has no  career path to it       

RO-Sheen

« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2011, 12:07:26 am »
Good for you mate, I think you know where Im coming from and respect what you have done.  :)

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2011, 05:00:26 pm »
in CURRYS, on dunfermline  high street
you still in Dunfermline Bobby? I asked the bookie for a price today on them winning the 1st division and they wouldn't give me a price :o
  ive not been back to dunf for over 20 + years ! as i now live in suffolk . 

are you a jock bobby?  :)
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

bobby p

« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2011, 07:20:31 pm »
in CURRYS, on dunfermline  high street
you still in Dunfermline Bobby? I asked the bookie for a price today on them winning the 1st division and they wouldn't give me a price :o
 ive not been back to dunf for over 20 + years ! as i now live in suffolk .  

are you a jock bobby?  :)
no, but i was up there in my teenage years . good place ,with proper hills etc      /    by the way,do u know the hightop mob ?

kendrick

« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2011, 07:45:19 pm »
so don't think you are an under achiever.

Thanks for your kind words, but I'm okay with my work history.  I was fairly successful in the army, I reached the rank of Staff Sergeant and was in a Warrant Officer Class 2's post (and received the pay of higher rank), but I liked to drink "quite a lot" and ended up with a bad attitude and in a fair bit of trouble; I even got my MP involved even though it was pretty much mostly my fault.

So I chucked the army; I bought myself out; I was out within two weeks after 17 years service.

On reflection it was the best thing I could've done.  Had I not had gotten in all that trouble and did a 'runner', I would've had several tours in Iraq/Afghanistan and been pensioned off in November 2010 (six months ago) and 'Gawd' only knows what I would be doing now had I not left when I did.  

I'd probably be a low-life gardener or something!  ??? ::) ;D ;)

st teath windows

« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2011, 08:46:36 pm »
armature winder is rewinding electric motors and armatures :)

Klean07

« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2011, 11:08:10 pm »
I ran a mobile chippy in the 80's with my dad. Bloody hot in the summer it was. Didn't put vinegar on chips put sweat off my brow instead!!
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

Klean07

« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2011, 07:29:02 pm »
Also worked on a travelling fair when I was 15. Great life it was diffo town every week. Diffo girl every week. Easy peasy!!!
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk