thx ian

Pole 2 Pole

Re: Assaulted
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2011, 07:00:20 pm »
Are you sure you never got their Charlie wet???  ;D

prestige cleaners

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2011, 07:05:21 pm »
nightmare. i would get them evicted, cant leave people to get away with it, plus press charges for assault

MJHolmes

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2011, 07:09:21 pm »
When pricing a job up i always look at the person im talking to very closley to make sure what i will be talking on....my customers are mostly good family house holds so not much of a chavs being there or living there.....you can almost tell the way people talk if they are chavs...there not worth it.....kill them all i say.....they will forget soon enough after being so high  :o....my advice always price good work up...and sack the police they do nothing

Matt

NBwcs

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2011, 07:13:43 pm »
Do you do any of the neighbours?

simon w

« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2011, 07:16:56 pm »
 thats a diluted account ,i was the worst ive ever been in.not sure an injunction would do anything.

when i started wc ,i was cleaning some flats in chelsea (london) off a scaffold ,and a yardy lent out of the window with a gun in hand asking what i was doing .i told him and he just went back into the flat .
that was more odd than anything .but this was scary .

Sure the Yardy was just protecting his turf..Once he'd established you were just there to clean his windows and not bust a cap in his a$$ he went back to watching countdown  :D

Liam1990

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2011, 07:19:56 pm »
Keep something heavy in ya van hammer or a bat or something,
when they come round givin it large again tw@t one with it them sort normally back down after a good shock.

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2011, 07:23:35 pm »
dont drop the job , just get
 a tuff nut m8 go around with you
nxt time its due !!!
even batfink had karate as a bodyguard
n he had wings of steel  ;D ;D ;D
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2011, 07:39:16 pm »
batfink  ;D
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

Blue City Cleaning

« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2011, 10:37:33 pm »
As a professional wc I:
- wouldn't press charges
- report everything to the police
- drop their clean or even the whole housing association if you don't want to see them again

They could have been high and thought you did that on purpose...
Chris
www.bluecitycleaning.co.uk
Non omnis moriar

tompoole

« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2011, 08:28:43 am »
you did the right thing, just say sorry . go back next time and carry on as usual. if it kicks off again,
dont run next time, if theres two of you just stand your ground while one packs away.
chances are theyre all noise anyhow.
t

PAIN IN THE GLASS

« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2011, 08:52:06 am »
Unfortunately this is how society is getting. There is no talking to these scummy people. And the police cant be there 24-7so get a temp injunction and pay a visit to either wood green and get a nice big GSD or visit B&Q for a couple of iron bars.
These people are the scum of the earth. And they will get there cuppance hopefuly sooner rather than later. Cant you bar there number from calling your phone?
Can you record there conversations so you have proof as well for harrasment..
Good luck with them and dont let them get to you...

edward1

« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2011, 09:17:49 am »
 thx for your replys.im surprized how shaken  i am .this has made mea  bit nervy .

i think i ran because there were 3 of them one being a women tho.im sure they would have assaulted me had they got close enough.they were like crazy mad men.it was unreal.

the police said it would be my word against theres .and to leave it .

one side of me says ,go back and carry on .but my sensible head says walk .i would fear they may well sneak up behind me and stab me or something.there was just no sence to it .

im going for a run now .try to level out .

thx guys

Jista

« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2011, 10:01:39 am »
i have ben washing windows for 20 yrs and today i have been assaulted by a customer.

as happens sometimes ,my son  put the  brush against the window and the window opened spraying some water into the flat .
this was followed by verbal abuse from the woman like i have never heard before.like a crazylunatic .the more i apologized the crazier she got .she was then joined by her boyfriend in a slightly less crazed manor .
they then say they want compensation .at this point i tell my son to pack up .as we are packing up all 3 approach me .the bigger of the men trys to grap me ,i turn and defend my self with the pole .
i then run off with all 3 after me ,telling they are going to kill me .
i call 999 whilst running ,(luckly im a runner so they had no chance of getting me) .
the police arive eventually .
this is a sheltered housing job and the managers are asking me if i want to have the people evicted .
im concerned as they have called my home with the same tone .

not sure what im going to do ,but can u believe this .
cleaning windows is dangerous.

I think if i was in your shoes you have 3 options

1, Run back to van get your bat and batter them.  (Me i always carry 1 with golf balls if i get stopped i use them for playing with the dog as i can not throw them knackered shoulder)
2, Let them batter you bloody big insurance claim while you were at work nothing worse.
3, Phone police tell them what happened wait months they will probs get off with it and you get a caution.  (Police waste of time if you was a  **** they would come running)

I feel for you m8 nothing worse just going about your business and you get those ****** ********* ****** ***** they got no life.

3 against 1 woman or no woman she would of gettin it 2

H S and Son

« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2011, 10:05:50 am »
I'd imagine the response was something the woman had a hand very much in. If theyre the sort you're describing them as then she was ped off, gobbed off at the gorillas about it all and they were expected to prove their street cred. In other words, fight Her battles for her.

Stop cleaning for them, move on with your life.

PAIN IN THE GLASS

« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2011, 01:45:01 pm »
Refer them to this forum...And lets see what threatening means..I,m sure they be the first to call the police. Carry on cleaning in that area and take someone with you next time.
If it's a council estate inform the council of these tenants, if they was like it with you i'm sure they be trouble neighboro's for the others ?????????
KEEP ON CLEANING THEM WINDOWS AND DONT WORRY ABOUT THE SCUM.

Johnny B

« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2011, 03:02:37 pm »
If a customer of mine did that to me, they would be dropped.

I had a one-time customer who was schizophrenic. I was warned about him before I took him on as a customer, but thought I would give him a fair chance, as I can usually get people on my side by empathizing with and listening to what they have to say.

The first time, he was nice a pie, cup of tea, etc. Paid up on the nail. The next time, he asked what I was doing cleaning his windows, in quite an aggressive way. Alarm bells started to ring, but I stood my ground and explained that I was round a month ago, and he paid, etc.

He denied this and started being threatening, to the point of threatening to hurt me, and telling me he never wanted to see me in his neighbourhood ever again.

I told him that I certainly would not be darkening his door again, but would not be bullied into running away from my good customers (his neighbours).

His custom stopped at that moment, but I continued working in the area. He saw me whenever I was about, but never said a word or approached me again.

John.
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

cozy

« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2011, 03:57:01 pm »
Reading some of the replies to this thread, I just realized that some WC's have weapons with then to protect themselves. I'm honestly suprised by that. I would think twice about collecting cash in a place like that incase I got jumped. :o

tompoole

« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2011, 04:47:31 pm »
Typical response from plod, I had my van done over by a couple
Of  oiks and a bank card stolen, told the police who did it , they told me I can't just
Accuse some one without evidence or a witness, grrreeeat .
They were even known to plod for crim damage and petty theft
But plod could do nowt! Told them I would sort it then!
Ok was the reply " I'll pretend I never heard that" were his words
Apparently they just have zero time to sort out this kind of crime.
They would only pursue it if the bank wanted too.
They didn't so that was it! Well kind of :-))

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2011, 04:50:43 pm »
mate they are just caged animals dont think they will bother you mate not nbice though  :o :o