« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2010, 08:14:06 pm »
tidy m8 ;D
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

Ste M

Re: jsm's assasin pole
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2010, 08:46:00 pm »

Companies bringing there prices down is a fair comment, but do you apply that thinking to your business? Or is it a case of double standards.

For example - if you window cleaning business cost you £5,000 to operate each year and you turnover £40,000 each year, your charging 8 times the cost. Do you expect poles to be less than 8 times there cost?

ewan shut the fuc  k up you co ck

Haha I've just had a real good belly laugh out loud at that reply frankie, ewan is so thick skinned you'd need an elephant gun to get through it haha, not once has he ever proved he's a wc an not a plant

mci services

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2010, 08:58:29 pm »
Its great to see the prices dropping, no need to spend loads on a modular, I have said in the past that there are other good makes out there- just that the F16 was  one I trialled and could reccomend because you will always be able to get spare sections. Smithys had his older style Maver ? The M16 is stronger in some ways than the F16.
John showed me his pole and although there is slightly more flex/give  in the sections when you press them he assures me that its stronger longtitudely. The price is a less than the £300 for an M16 so well done John if your going to tell all.  8) 8) 8) He did post the make sometime ago but nobody picked up on it  ::)

I think I know the make but I will not say if he is planning on selling them, just wish you would slip up on the make of your pole jeff ;D

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2010, 09:04:55 pm »
Sounds like someone who has tried the telescopics and found that they dont stay up, I think that at the price I am selling them for you would struggle to make one even if you knew which one stays up  ;)

mci services

« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2010, 09:09:14 pm »
Sounds like someone who has tried the telescopics and found that they dont stay up, I think that at the price I am selling them for you would struggle to make one even if you knew which one stays up  ;)

yes I know mate I will probably get round to ordering one soon ;)

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2010, 09:18:32 pm »

yes I know mate I will probably get round to ordering one soon ;)
stu iv got jeffs pole and can vouch for it
its a gr8 all day pole im gona put an extension on it  ;D

mikecam

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2010, 09:22:52 pm »
I have found by getting two 11 metre modular poles and using tape in certain places I can get to about 50 ft only get a few windows that i need to reach at 35 ft but nice to now if i need it i got it and probably could repeat the process and keep going higher but gets a bit whippy. don't want to give too much away. ;D hopefully the bigger companies will bring there prices down ::)

Companies bringing there prices down is a fair comment, but do you apply that thinking to your business? Or is it a case of double standards.

For example - if you window cleaning business cost you £5,000 to operate each year and you turnover £40,000 each year, your charging 8 times the cost. Do you expect poles to be less than 8 times there cost?

Thats like comparing cats with dogs.

The cost of operating a business includes the wage you have to draw which if we say is £30k then the profit is £5k and the cost is £35k so your 'charging' 1.142 times the cost.

Your profit is 14%

I know it’s a crude example sunshine, the point I’m making is there is a lot more that goes into providing a window cleaning service or product, customers don’t care or consider they only see the price they have to pay.

Basically these types of customers don’t have the money but they still want the service or product.

Ewan, often you're far to complex. Many of us don;t want to know about profits and costs and ratios, we just dont wanna spend nearly a grand on a modular, carbon fibre pole when we might be able to get one for £300. I couldn't care less about the rest of your maths lesson. Out of interest, could you recomend a good 60 foot pole from personal experience?

mikecam

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2010, 10:14:51 pm »
Very good point mikecam, put perfectly you don’t want to spend a grand on a modular pole, fantastic now were getting somewhere.

Other than looking for a cheaper alternative pole, what’s the alternative answer(s)?

Thats simple, the alternative is that it'll be out of my reach, pardon the pun.

elite mike

« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2010, 10:38:37 pm »
Very good point mikecam, put perfectly you don’t want to spend a grand on a modular pole, fantastic now were getting somewhere.

Other than looking for a cheaper alternative pole, what’s the alternative answer(s)?

Thats simple, the alternative is that it'll be out of my reach, pardon the pun.
;D ;D

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2010, 12:06:06 am »
any body looking for a  lite pole 50ft ish shud seriously
view this option or pay up to a 1k or 1500 quid for a pole
simples really  ;D ;D ;D

ian1972

« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2010, 07:59:22 am »
Would rather spend a grand on the family if there is a choice

dai

« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2010, 07:53:05 pm »
The one I bought off you stays up fine Jeff, I didn't even have to put a little blue tablet in the water.

mci services

« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2010, 07:59:38 pm »
The one I bought off you stays up fine Jeff, I didn't even have to put a little blue tablet in the water.
;D

« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2010, 10:00:14 pm »
What I love about you EWan is all your positive input when someone  is helping this industry. I guess no one loves you at home. Have you trieded joining a forum for unhappy people.

clearlyclean

« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2010, 04:22:26 pm »
Look forward to seeing future post where 4th floor windows are now cleaned for a fiver, LOL

When are you going to learn?

I think you miss understand me when others can provide a pole for half the price then the larger companies will have to follow and reduce their prices or prove the provide value for money.
My customers dont care if my poles cost me £50 or £1500,It is only a tool to help me reach a window using a brush with water.My choice if i want to spend thousands when i can do the job for a few hundred. :P

ian1972

« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2010, 05:41:51 pm »
Good god just what exactly is your problem with someone using a fishing pole?does it affect you in any way shape of form?I understand you and everyone else is entitled to there opinion but stop moaning you made your point

clearlyclean

« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2010, 06:14:31 pm »
 ;D Maybe he does it for spare money or enjoyment and wants to share we should be grateful to guys like them (jsm or jeff B)for there contributions to the industry  :)

dai

« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2010, 06:55:51 pm »

Put simply if you can’t afford the cost of any equipment, you should be learning there’s more to operating a window cleaning business, unless you stick to a kind of thinking that’s for the uninitiated.

Do you really believe all the hype that manufacturers give out?
Who knows the most about window cleaning? you who does the job day in day out, or the manufacturer's? You have it the wrong way round mate, they should be listening to us, not telling us what we need.
I think Alex listened and his success is proof of it, but at what price to us?
I have a superlte brush, but prefer the new B&Q monofilament that costs a fiver.
That's my personal choice, I like the way the longer bristles splay out over the frames.
Unless we as window cleaners experiment, and strive for better ways of doing the job, this industry will not move forward, it's us that encounter the problems daily and find a way round them.
 Not some guy sat on his butt, dreaming up the next must have product that's going to make his company a fortune.
Do you think that playing with a five grand set of golf clubs is going to make you into Tiger Woods?

clearlyclean

« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2010, 06:59:54 pm »
nicely put dia  :)

clearlyclean

« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2010, 08:08:57 pm »
this has gone way off topic I would like to see jsm's assasin pole being put through its paces