Nigel Lee

Re: How quick have you become now you are an expert wfp cleaner?
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2010, 12:13:23 pm »
Just up the road from me Martin, I'm from a place called Bisley.

EZclean

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2010, 12:33:11 pm »
62k net profit for 5yrs off ladders.  ???  you miss the point of wfp. how much is he gonna earn if and when he has a bad fall. it happens
EZclean - Cleaner Than Water

Martin ccs

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2010, 01:13:25 pm »

chippenham aint it? we used to do a few office blocks that way - tesco offices ....

good to know someone in and around the area.

« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2010, 01:25:41 pm »
Fellows remember what they paying for ...........................Clean windows ...................not time!!!!!!!!! ??? ???.

Nigel Lee

« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2010, 02:10:25 pm »
62k net profit for 5yrs off ladders.  ???  you miss the point of wfp. how much is he gonna earn if and when he has a bad fall. it happens

No, 62k gross profit average, over a 5 year term.  Man, you sound like a worry mongering salesman.  I'm sure it happens, but you could kill yourself falling over a plant pot.  Someone who is experienced is low risk with a ladder.  It usually noobs, or idiots taking risks who hurt themselves with ladders.

Nigel Lee

« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2010, 02:11:53 pm »

chippenham aint it? we used to do a few office blocks that way - tesco offices ....

good to know someone in and around the area.

More Stroud way actually, few miles east of. 

Martin ccs

« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2010, 02:18:13 pm »
ok, used to do one of renishaws offices that way but dont really go that far into the sticks anymore  :)

Craig 72

« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2010, 03:43:08 pm »
When people say they can do 4 detatched houses an hour,are they talking all round or just fronts?I must be doing something wrong,I'd be lucky to get 2 two detached houses done all round in an hour.

Nigel Lee

« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2010, 03:53:39 pm »
All houses are different.  I have a patch where I can do 4 in an hour, all new 3 bed detached with small windows.  All next to each other.  Very rare to do that many though.  Providing you price well 2 an hour isn't so bad.  I reckon I average 2.5 standard 4 bed detached houses per hour.

Martin ccs

« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2010, 04:03:49 pm »
yeah it can be very different in time with certain jobs.

have a social club i do in an hour £110 and then on the other hand have a shop i do which takes 30 mins £15.00

Nigel Lee

« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2010, 04:25:16 pm »
£110 for an hour Martin, holy crap.  Did you know it would only take an hour when you quoted?  Surprised you haven't been undercut quite honestly.  Is it like a once a year thing?

I feel particularly uneasy sometimes when I know I'm creaming it in, kind of wonder what the person who is paying me is thinking.  Very rare I earn even half of that in an hour. 

Martin ccs

« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2010, 04:29:44 pm »
no its 4 weekly mate - doesnt matter if i get undercut as we do a good job and the clients are happy, so they wouldnt change over anyway.

end of the day you get what you pay for.

Nigel Lee

« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2010, 04:45:23 pm »
Sorry mate, don't buy that.  Most of us would do a good job for half that price, you know that.

Martin ccs

« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2010, 04:55:09 pm »
what! you dont agree you get what you pay for?

you may not agree but at the end of the day i have 5 staff 3 vans ... and i very good reputation from many many customers.

so i must be doing something right!

dont see how you can charge half the price when you dont even know the job! muppet!

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2010, 05:09:56 pm »
People that have come into window cleaning the wfp route probably don't realise how fast a ladder monkey can go.  3 or 4 semi's an hour is reasonable.  However wfp is faster once the work is converted.  It's very rare that I'd choose trad because it's faster on my work, my rounds are really varied as well.

As for going too fast, I always take a lot longer on the first clean and use up a lot more water, I then tell the customer that we will use a lot less water next time and be a lot faster.  From then on I go as fast as physics will allow even if the customer is in.  Rather than work slower if the customer is in, I will spend the time having a brief chat with the customer asking how they are and what their holidays have been like ect.  That's a much better use of time than deliberately working slower so you feel the customers getting their moneys worth.

Simon.

Nigel Lee

« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2010, 06:30:57 pm »
what! you dont agree you get what you pay for?

you may not agree but at the end of the day i have 5 staff 3 vans ... and i very good reputation from many many customers.

so i must be doing something right!

dont see how you can charge half the price when you dont even know the job! muppet!

LOL, an hours work is an hours work?  If you meant all 5 guys are there at the same time, I misunderstood.  If your talking one man, £55 will get you an excellent service from a window cleaner.  Pay me £110 per hour or £55, I do my best, every time.  So no, you don't get what you pay for.

I also have to chuckle that you gloat about the size of your company.  You must be doing something right eh?  Read about the busy fool I was discussing just a few posts back.  The guy with loads of flash vans on finance living in a rabbit hutch.  Sounds familiar?  Its about your bottom line.  Reading back through your own posts you admit yourself your not doing so well.

but think what we could do with all that money we spend on it - nearly every month there is something to buy for wfp.  i sometimes fell wfp makes things complicated/faffing around but at the end of the day it safer.  scary to think how much money you would of had.

Classic mistake of trying to run before you can walk.  Expansion does not equal profit...it also is nothing to gloat about.  Your no better than the rest of us mate.

geefree

« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2010, 10:26:03 pm »
we are losing track now lads,   come on now , no need for calling names or slagging people off, we all have a view on how our business's should be run....

And we all run them differently, some share on here how they run theirs, and thats fine.

But we dont need to put monetary figures down , its a topic about speed , not earnings.  ;)

dazmond

« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2010, 10:37:26 pm »
well nigel im enjoying wfp and id say 90% of my round is domestic.to be able to get round on time without too much struggle/the safety aspect/the extra windows im now cleaning for extra money.im ALREADY doing better than i was trad and ive been trad for 16 years!

after the first/second cleans are out of the way its so much quicker and easier than trad IMO!I will of course take on more commercial and bigger residential as time goes on!!

oh and martin if you do clean a social club for 110quid and it takes you an hour on your own you will lose it mate one day.thats a total rip off!id happily clean it for half that price! :P :P

regards

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

geefree

« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2010, 10:42:08 pm »
Its the guys price !

What right do  any of us have   to pull him down for that... tell you what... i would not do a social clud on the cheap... its commercial.... its funded by a fund .

WE ALL HAVE UNDER AND OVERPRICED WORK. ##

gordonswindows

« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2010, 10:44:53 pm »
Been wfp over five years and still Learning

Anyone who thinks they know it all is heading for some probs

Our commitment this year is to continuous improvement and that really makes you understand your equipment the tasks and increases speed and profit

An expert ? Only in your own mind

Each new day is a day anyone can learn something new even someone as old as me

Gordon
Don't Give Up
@askforthemoney