JasonP

getting close to throwing the scrim in
« on: August 19, 2010, 08:46:55 pm »
Hi everyone, just wanted a rant really and see what other peoples opinions are. As some of you may or may not know I've been window cleaning for about four years now, six months ago I set up by myself (still a newbie in my eyes). I've done everything by the book, registered with 'the man', insured, and have worked hard to build a good reputation. Well a few times over the last six months I've crossed paths with a fellow WC from the area. First few times I simply put my hand up as we were passing in the traffic, all I had in return was a dirty look. Then I bumped into this guy and his 'boys' (five of them in total including boss man) in a petrol station, where I was told in no certain terms that I should do myself a favour and stay out of town. Things have escalated a lot over the last few weeks, I've had ladders stolen from my van, all tyres slashed, windscreen bricked (all on separate occasions), customers telling me that I had called them saying I was quitting so when I turn up to clean they have either found someone else or dispute paying in case I'm pulling a fast one (luckily only lost a couple of customers!) The police have been involved but said that as I can't prove it is this wc that is responsible, and that as there is no evidence there isn't much they can do! Even though this all really kicked off after seeing him about a month ago, and explaining I'm not undercutting him, not poaching 'his' work, and that it is customers choice who they use.  I'm literally at wits end and don't know what to do next! 

R W C™

Re: getting close to throwing the scrim in
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 08:58:29 pm »
Keep going mate otherwise they win, They will give up in the end when they realise no matter what they do you will keep going, cant you put a camera up at your house.....

Get his number and put it on here and will all ring him up..... ;D

bad trippy

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 09:01:29 pm »
Mate this is pretty poop, where are you based?
I put my name forward if you need this A hole sorted
Gotta be a few on here that would join me in dealing with this crook surely?
Lammy how about you mate?
www.clearviewbristol.co.uk
Add me on Facebook clear view window cleaning

awcs

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 09:06:48 pm »
keep going mate. put his number on here and I'm sure things will get sorted out one way or the other   

Scrimble

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 09:08:39 pm »
be strong and never ever give in to scum like them,

richywilts

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2010, 09:14:02 pm »
get ya own back give them a taste of ya own medicine av ya got a number for there firm where are you based ff'in scumbags
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

JasonP

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2010, 09:16:04 pm »
I'm based in Hereford, there are loads of other WC's about but it's only this guy and his 'lads' that cause an issue, he lives near to me, and I see his battered old rover with his pile of ladders on the roof daily! I've only had one of his customers as far as I aware, and she called me as I clean her daughters windows, she explained that she felt uneasy so with so many lads turning up, taking five minutes to clean, be rude, and charging her £8.00 for her troubles! I quoted her more and got the job! I have got a camera put up now and always take my ladders off the van, and it all now lives in the garage!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2010, 09:17:55 pm »
They really are scum aren't they?

Where was your van when "Bricked and tyres slashed"? Do you know the name and address of the owner of this business.

As mentioned CCTV and get to a more senior officer in the Police. Go dressed in a suit and ask to see a more senior officer. Report every incident and make a nuisance of yourself with the law.

If they do not take you seriously then write to the Divisional Superintendent of your area police force telling him/her you are at your wits end in fear for your families welfare and feel the need to go to the local press.

Didn't they threaten you with a knife or is that just your tyres? And haven't you got member of the family who is under medication over this?  ;)
It's a game of three halves!

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2010, 09:20:37 pm »
Mate this is pretty poop, where are you based?
I put my name forward if you need this A hole sorted
Gotta be a few on here that would join me in dealing with this crook surely?
Lammy how about you mate?
i hate intimadating people this guys a bully
by putting you down in front ov his men
he thinks they think hes da man how i would
smash him to a pulp i hate bully boys , 100% m8 dont give in
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

TonyD

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2010, 09:28:53 pm »
Follow the advice from GOLD above definitely, make a noise with the authorities as much as you can.  What a prick this guy is, I'd be tempted to go smash his car up but that'd only make things worse by the sound of it.

deeege

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2010, 09:29:11 pm »
Sounds like a really crappy situation. Every mans got a right to earn a living. Don't give in and let him win, keep plodding on.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

JasonP

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2010, 09:36:52 pm »
Thanks for all the advice! It proves the guys intelligence by todays little stunt, he decided to dump his crappy motor right up the arse of my shiny clean van so I couldn't open up the back doors to load up my kit! Shame I had the insight to pull forward though, and as I drove past him at the end of the road I waved! I don't want him to see he's getting to me!

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2010, 10:14:32 pm »
thats it m8 keep waving n smiling  ;)

abilol

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2010, 10:37:03 pm »
best thing grip him  in front of his lads and give him a good kicking ;D ;D

JasonP

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2010, 10:42:19 pm »
The thought has crossed my mind many times, one on one I haven't got an issue with but 5 on 1 is bit risky! Lol!

abilol

« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2010, 10:46:58 pm »
just crack on with dont let him get you down he will give up when he see your not takeing any notice

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2010, 10:47:40 pm »
when u next see them out working, just phone the police say you think u seen one of them with a gun, that will screw up there day lol

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2010, 10:58:04 pm »
when u next see them out working, just phone the police say you think u seen one of them with a gun, that will screw up there day lol
oh itll screw up their day  ;) ;)

SB Cleaning

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2010, 10:59:36 pm »
The thought has crossed my mind many times, one on one I haven't got an issue with but 5 on 1 is bit risky! Lol!
Hey Jason im not far from your area and know a few lads in Hereford, what part of hereford you in ??

richywilts

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2010, 11:00:38 pm »
grass him up surely he aint paying there taxes and insurance
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk