AuRavelling79

Who's the oldest?
« on: February 03, 2005, 10:24:23 pm »
Who started window cleaning at the oldest age? and who is the oldest right now?
I'll start you off - I started at age 37 in 1996.
Come on Einstein's work out my age now! ;D
It's a game of three halves!

mgcleaning

Re: Who's the oldest?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2005, 10:59:08 pm »
hi MalcG mal g here,not too far behind you i started last year at 35
Life can only be understood backwards; but most be lived forwards.  
Soren Kirkegaard

rosskesava

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2005, 11:03:41 pm »
I started in 2001 having been made redundant from the railways having had no other job since my youth and no skills worth anything in the market place.

I'm 47 now. Der .......  I was 43 (I think?)

Best thing that ever happened to me. I enjoy my work now.

Ian_Giles

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2005, 01:01:50 am »
48 for me, and I started .............err.......20 years ago! in my 21st year now.
I have one acccount where I have cleaned their windows twice a week for  20 years ;D :'( I mean, TWENTY YEARS!!!! And they still don't offer me a coffee :'(

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

rosskesava

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2005, 01:04:03 am »
Hi Ian

You're 48 then.

Makes me feel young at 47.

You're an old man.

20 years and still not a coffee - give them an invoice for a few thousand £££'s saying that's how much it has cost you in terms of coffee.  ;D

Cheers

Ross

texas girl

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2005, 05:09:10 am »
Hey fellow window cleaning dudes! :-*

It is not cool for a woman to talk about her age, but I have to say I am right in there with Ian. Hey Ian: when is your birthday? Mine is August 7.

I began windowcleaning when I was 23. I was right out of college; tried it as a help to a friend of mine; loved it, and never have taught , which is what I got my degree in.  ;)

Thank The Lord, because teachers do not make squat and you have to be at work by 8 oclock, and have a boss, and all that stuff that we do not have to subject ourselves to.  8)

I may be getting up there a bit in age, but I am a bit vain so I intend to always look at least 10 years younger that I am.  ;D

Today I ran 2 miles, did weights for 30 minutes, and did 500 crunches.
I may be getting a bit more "mature" but my measurements are 37-25-33. 
 I have gained a bit of weight since my son died last April because I was drinking too much beer and wine for a while to kill the pain.  :'(
My normal measurements are 37-24-32. :o

But you eventually find out that medicating yourself with beer and wine does nothing good for you.  I see nothing wrong with a little bit; it is relaxing. I am doing much better now. I hope and pray that none of you ever have to experience losing one of your babies.  :'(  It has been the hardest thing I have ever had to face. :(

Anyway, I am working on losing that 6 lbs and getting back to the size 0. Yes, size zero(0). Now I am in a 1. Yes, I like being thin. Not average; THIN! :o

I  have learned throughout the years that overweight people do not make good window cleaners. I have tried it and it never worked. There is a reason why they are overweight. It is called lazy. I always ask how tall and how much do you weigh before I arrange an interview.  :)

I will celebrate 25 years in business this October. It is hard to beleive. I feel as good as I did when I was 25. And there is always plastic surgery when mother nature takes her toll. I am not conceited, but I want to make the most of what God has given me.  :D

Why is it that some women let themselves go after they get married? I always thought make your man happy at home; why would he want hamburger when he had steak at home? ;D

Well you see what happens when we start talking about age. I am proud only because I take care of myself. :o

Window cleaning is great for keeping you in shape. And when you progress into managing, you need to schedule work outs.

Well, enough rambling. Take care dudes, and I hope y'all have had a good week. Hope you made some good money this week. We have had a lot of rain over here. Last 2 days nice, so I hope my crew got a lot done. 8)

Cheers

Debbie

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2005, 07:41:14 am »
 ;)er me will hit the big 50 in August 22nd been doing it since the age of 20 ;)
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

Roy Harding

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2005, 09:41:43 am »
47 and in my 21st year of window cleaning like Ian. I rember in the good old days,  :) :) Going up 35ft in a force 9 gale to clean some windows my trousers where flapping like hell, I wet the windows and then had to hold each end of the big stone window sill, because it was so bad, and to frighted to let go ;D In the end I went for it cleaned them and came back down. Youg and mad when I look back.

telboy

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2005, 11:37:23 am »

;D STARTED 1974 SO THATS 30 YEARS UP TILL
NOW AND I'LL BE 63 IN MARCH

TEL BOY ;)

ANGEL C/S

texas girl

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2005, 01:12:03 am »
Isn't it wonderful to do something for a living that you enjoy?  I am amazed at some of the numbers.  :o You all have a lot to be proud of if you are paying your bills and making a living in your business. ;D

I know a guy that is 70 years old and is finally retiring! :) He is very healthy and I have been wanting to buy his route for years.  Window cleaning keeps you so healthy. He is 70 !!!  70!!!! :o :o :o :o :o

I am looking forward to purchasing his accounts and expanding  a bit.
I like to have enough commercial accounts to pay minumum requirements in case the residential sector is slow. Then you can add homes and make more money for everyone.  8)

The only problem with that is when we have several days of rain and everyone is behind on their routes; I have to wait to get caught up before I can schedule homes.  :P
Debbie

Duke

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2005, 02:20:05 am »
 :) I'm nearly 51 and been cleaning for 3.5 years....tall, slim and looking forward to getting a Hayabusa...(Suzuki motorbike...for those that have no idea  ;D  )

gaza

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2005, 05:08:51 am »
IM 100 YRS OLD AND CLEANING WINDOWS,WELL I WILL FROM MY GRAVE  ILL STILL BE SWIRLING MY ARMS  FROM SIDE TO SIDE IN MY BOX,NEVER BEEN SO FIT,USED TO WORK ON A BUILDING SITE AS A LABOURER, BY THE WAY IM 50 THIS YEAR.TOOK ON MY 16 YR OLD STEPSON FOR 5 DAYS ,6TH DAY HE COULDNT GET OUT OF BED,SO I TOOK HIM TO THE LOCAL HOSPITAL,TOO HAVE HIM XRAYED,THE RESULT WAS:WAIT FOR IT,IT WAS CLEAR.
;
;
;
HE DIDNT HAVE ANY WORK IN HIM
LUV THIS JOB WISH I WAS 16 AND KNEW THEN WHAT I KNOW NOW.
PAUL 1ST CLASS CLEANING IF YOUR READING THIS IM NOW3/4 THROUGH BOTTLE OF THAT BOTTLE OF  VODKA GOD KNOWS WHAT MY WEBSITES GOING TO LOOK LIKE/NEVER MIND WHAT IT WILL SAY ,CHECK IT OUT SOMETIME 1ST-ABC.CO.UK  BEAT U ALL THERE NUMERO UNO            pHED GAZA

IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

texas girl

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2005, 12:55:58 am »
Hey Guys!

Last nite I had several glasses of champayne while watching the superbowl.  I was a bit tipsy and almost gave up a website full of pictures of me that are a bit "revealing".   :o

Woke up this morning and immediately deleted the website url.
I was so upset last year after losing my son; I went off the deep end for a while.

Anyway; window cleaning is a great thing to do for a living!  8)

Thanks for explaining to me all about the D I C K thing.  ;D

Hope this week yeilds a lot of moola(money) for all of ya! :-*

Cheers,

Texas Girl
Debbie