jeff1

Who's WFP in the Dark?
« on: January 17, 2008, 01:29:51 pm »
There is a slight chance that I may get a big contract, with a local Supermarket Chain but this one has to be done at night, so I was wondering, Has anyone on here done wfp work in the dark? if so did you check the results afterwards? and were they good?

The more I think of it the more I think it can't be that hard to get good results, even if you cant really see what your doing

Captain Scarlet

Re: Who's WFP in the Dark?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 01:32:32 pm »
Yes I have, you just need to do good scrubbing and rinsing thats all, Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

nat

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 01:45:14 pm »
we do a few shops and things, if there is a good bit of lighting from the shop its easy enough. can be a little tricky using it at heights. if there is no lighting from the building though

jeff1

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 01:50:14 pm »
we do a few shops and things, if there is a good bit of lighting from the shop its easy enough. can be a little tricky using it at heights. if there is no lighting from the building though
Thanks Guy's most of the windows have light from inside but there are a few at the side and around the back in the dark there are also about 20 around the loading bay area that are in the pitch black.

rhys11

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 01:56:20 pm »
i do a big building in the dark and its in a town center and its by a mail bus stop
i have to start it at 4.45am and by the time a finish im round the back where there is less risk of people geting in my way
rhys

matt

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2008, 02:55:39 pm »
i do a all of my comercail stuff in the dark ( in the winter )

just trust what you do, we know it does a good enough job

just use the force

Phil Mitchell

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2008, 03:27:00 pm »
I've started cleaning a few shops in the dark and so far no probs. Like the above comment, just trust in yourself and use the force ;)

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2008, 03:34:18 pm »
Jeff, all the guys on here with rain gurantees can't possibly see what they are doing in a downpour so i can't see you will have a problem, in fact with artificial light i think the results would be even easier to see.

Dean Aspects

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2008, 03:40:31 pm »
If you have good technique  you can "feel" the window so it shouldn't be a problem i wouldn't want to do it for long though

Dean

Trevor Knight

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2008, 04:25:19 pm »
dark enough??? this was at 4am in the morning and had no trouble with the results......
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

jeff1

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2008, 04:41:50 pm »
Many thanks for all the replies Guy's there a good confidence booster ;)

Many of the windows are covered by internal light, the ones around the side are covered like Trevor's picture, but the ones around the back have no light what so ever you can't see 6' in front of you, large canopy's in the loading bay area make sure of this, so If I do get the Job I have a 12v spotlight just for safety reasons, i.e. Tripping over things in the yard, I can see the windows, so  confidence is the answer here.

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2008, 06:24:58 pm »
Jeff, all the guys on here with rain gurantees can't possibly see what they are doing in a downpour so i can't see you will have a problem, in fact with artificial light i think the results would be even easier to see.
thats just got me thinking  ;D

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2008, 06:26:59 pm »
dark enough??? this was at 4am in the morning and had no trouble with the results......
not sure them cones will help much though Trevor.

Ian

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2008, 07:03:22 pm »
Yeah I have to do a doctors surgery at 7am start.  Dark this time of year ???

The receptionist did ask me last week how I could see in the dark........I eat loads o carrots I told her. She laughed ;D

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2008, 07:07:26 pm »

Ian

Company Sec bought one of these:

http://www.fitsmybudget.com/product.php?productid=18866

;D ;D ;D ;D
Not Perfect - But Honest

jeff1

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2008, 10:55:16 pm »
Dave I hate carrots  ;D ;D I like the traffic cone though, fit in my trailer a treat that one. ;)

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2008, 10:57:28 pm »
Forgot to mention jeff, we use head torches for the dark. Get good ones so you can work 20-35ft away, Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

jeff1

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2008, 11:04:01 pm »
Forgot to mention jeff, we use head torches for the dark. Get good ones so you can work 20-35ft away, Luke
Thanks Luke, Joe gave me a link for one, 
I may have to get one from the store who's windows I hope to clean ;D
I have a nice 12v haloggen one that I can get the Boss to hold while I do the worst windows.

mark dew

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2008, 02:44:28 am »
jeff, I would think the technique that gives you good results in the daylight will be the same technique you need to use when it's dark. It's a confidence issue rather than a technique one.
Though if you get loadsa complaints normally more lighting might be better.  :)

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2008, 02:46:33 am »
jeff, I would think the technique that gives you good results in the daylight will be the same technique you need to use when it's dark. It's a confidence issue rather than a technique one.

I am yet to try wfp in the dark but would be great for the short winter days

mark dew

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2008, 02:52:07 am »
With previously wfp'd windows its straightforward.. I wouldn't start a new clean in the dark though.

Trevor Knight

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2008, 07:50:50 am »

Ian

hahaha I wondered who would say this and how long it would take, the picture was taken just as the last window was being finished and we were half way through packing up, the picture was an after thought. What you didn't see was the 2 diversion signs and the other 6 cones that were out.

But for anyone looking at this picture you are right, cone the pedestrian area off 1.5 times the length you are working to and where possible direct traffic away from your opperative!

Happy days :)
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

jeff1

« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2008, 02:46:49 pm »

Thats were I think the answer lies, it has to do with confidence, I have full confidence with my work so I can't see there being a problem, I could always pop back during the day to check it.