karygate

Re: Average House
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 04:17:22 pm »
WHY DIDN,T HE RINSE ANY OF THE WINDOWS OR AM I MISSING SOMETHING
gary

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2007, 04:43:08 pm »
No rincing & brute force.  :o

If he cheaned my windows like that slaming his brush around i would rap that pole round his head.  >:(

simon knight

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2007, 04:46:45 pm »
I'm sure that what I've just watched is wfp at its lowest!

THERE IS NO WAY HE'S DONE AN EVEN HALF WAY DECENT JOB!!

What he did would take me roughly 25 mins (inc conservatory but not the garage door)....trad.

I reckon he might have the edge on me with the windows above the cons...just!...but as for the rest my result would be far far better.

I'd charge £12 ish....that coconut shouldn't be charging a penny above £5

Highrise

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2007, 04:49:31 pm »
You can see he has put a lot of weight on since not using ladders...  ;D
When your windows are clear, My conscience is clear...

twt

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2007, 04:51:22 pm »
he may  be a brute but he did rinse

simon knight

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2007, 04:55:59 pm »

he did rinse

Yeah at one point I thought I saw him having a p1$$ up one of the windows ;D

C'mon...that was ridiculous. It's guys like that that give wfp a bad press.

twt

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2007, 05:06:55 pm »
do you know how to use a wfp

Paul Coleman

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2007, 05:15:27 pm »
I prefer to rinse with brush off the glass myself just in case.
I would have done the job in a different sequence myself.  All top windows, then the consv. roof, then consv. sides, then ground floor windows.  This allows a bit more dripping time.  Also, I guess that the consv. roof is done every visit if it was that easy to clean up.

simon knight

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2007, 05:16:35 pm »
Never used one in my life, but I've read enough on this forum to know that what I watched was a rushed botch job.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2007, 05:23:48 pm »
Never used one in my life, but I've read enough on this forum to know that what I watched was a rushed botch job.

Although I wouldn't do it that way myself, the funny thing is that, provided he was using lots of water, had a clean brush head, the water was 000 or very close, and it was a regular maintenance clean, it may just have come up OK.  I wouldn't want to chance it  though.

simon knight

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2007, 05:29:02 pm »

Although I wouldn't do it that way myself, the funny thing is that, provided he was using lots of water, had a clean brush head, the water was 000 or very close, and it was a regular maintenance clean, it may just have come up OK.  I wouldn't want to chance it  though.

Dunno Shiner...I'll bow to your experience. But tell me, was that a 12 minute job?...Poleman said it was!

It all looked a bit slap-dash to me.

twt

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2007, 05:29:48 pm »
simon if you've never used a pole before how do you know how to do a good job with one. a house of that size could be done that quickly with a pole IF they were cleaned regularly and weren't too dirty and IF there was no bird muck on them. you will know being trad some days you get there and the windows aren't very dirty so your quick where as other days they can be absolutly filthy and take ages. to clean like that and rinse brush on you need a brush in good condition which is clean and a good flow of water and most importantly know how much water is needed to clean a window. when i first started wfp i always used to rinse brush off the glass but after much practice i have come to realise it does not make any difference if done correctly i was very sceptical at first about brush on rinsing but after checking many windows i know it can be done. also lifting the pole off the glass puts strain on your body not a lot but enough.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2007, 05:31:36 pm »

Dunno Shiner...I'll bow to your experience. But tell me, was that a 12 minute job?...Poleman said it was!

It all looked a bit slap-dash to me.

It could be done in 12 minutes without being so slapdash about it IMO - so long as the consv. roof and garage door are cleaned very regularly.  Not sure I would want to sustain that pace all day long though.

Majestic

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2007, 05:35:58 pm »
I thik it was just to show how fast it can be done , I am sure there are people out there that are that quick.

But how long did it take him to get into his car, at the end of the video it looked like he had locked himself out

simon knight

« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2007, 05:39:54 pm »
simon if you've never used a pole before how do you know how to do a good job with one. a house of that size could be done that quickly with a pole IF they were cleaned regularly and weren't too dirty and IF there was no bird muck on them. you will know being trad some days you get there and the windows aren't very dirty so your quick where as other days they can be absolutly filthy and take ages. to clean like that and rinse brush on you need a brush in good condition which is clean and a good flow of water and most importantly know how much water is needed to clean a window. when i first started wfp i always used to rinse brush off the glass but after much practice i have come to realise it does not make any difference if done correctly i was very sceptical at first about brush on rinsing but after checking many windows i know it can be done. also lifting the pole off the glass puts strain on your body not a lot but enough.

Phil, I'm not looking for a row...I'm not wfp so can't speak from experience.

You and Shiner say it's ok...so fine it's ok.

Still reckon my result would be better though...sorry ;)

Clear Vision

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2007, 05:42:20 pm »
Where did i put my keys?  ;D

Thats pretty rough I would say. I would take nearly twice that to do a decent job.

I reckon he cleaned those window 1 hour previous to filming

Paul Coleman

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2007, 05:47:09 pm »

I didn't actually say it was OK.  I said that if certain conditions were met, he might get away with it.

simon knight

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2007, 05:53:17 pm »

I didn't actually say it was OK.  I said that if certain conditions were met, he might get away with it.

Fair enough. Anyway guys that's enough drivel from me for the week.

Have a goodun....and please God next week might be DRY 8)

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2007, 05:57:43 pm »
I'm sure that what I've just watched is wfp at its lowest!

THERE IS NO WAY HE'S DONE AN EVEN HALF WAY DECENT JOB!!

What he did would take me roughly 25 mins (inc conservatory but not the garage door)....trad.

I reckon he might have the edge on me with the windows above the cons...just!...but as for the rest my result would be far far better.

I'd charge £12 ish....that coconut shouldn't be charging a penny above £5

youd only charge 12 pounds?

i dont think id be doing the equivalent for less that £35, con roof and stuff, bleh