Londoner

Re: WHO/HOW WAS WFP INVENTED?
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2007, 07:30:51 am »
He's still around, he comes on this forum ssometimes but most of the time he is on the other one I believe. He gave a talk at Windex last year which was very good I'm told.

Talking of windex, its at NEC this year I seem to remember. We really need to get something organised this year instead of just talking about it. Does anybody know a date?

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2007, 09:59:23 am »
JUSTIN Ruggles is a mod on clean.ingpros.co.uk (without the . )  continues to set the standards. He was the fir1st non window cleaner to buy a wfp and without any experience has built a thriving business.Some of his earlier classic and informative  posts are saved in the A-Z archives of that other forum by me. He has been using rainwater recently.

Justin Ruggles

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2007, 11:53:07 am »
Thank you for the kind words. Not sure if I was the first person in the UK to start WFP on domestics, but I certainly caused a storm doing so with a lot of people telling me customers would never accept WFP and wet windows. Imagine there surprise when they did and even better when I did them in all weather and charged them a min £10 to do so. Amazing.. Had a few people thank me over the last few years with the min £10. Pricing is very important, your not there to earn the same kind of money when you where working for some one so that £10-£15 per hr might be more than what you was earning in the factory but as business is not very good at all.

I don’t use them car window wiper things  :o, I don’t thing I know how too. Thou some will say I am not a proper window cleaner. But hay I don’t care.

Yes I did a talk at NEC in 2006 and had a fully packed house with loads of people standing in the arena as a lot of the seats where taken, was a write up in the professional window cleaner magi, I did get paid for the talk (£50) that was donated to the NSPCC.

As for Business well just invested £10k into a brand new van with another system in it (that’s the 2nd van now), business is very good at the moment and this area is totally full of window cleaners, just goes to show do a totally professional job and use the best right equipment for the job and your 90% of the way there. Thou to get there you need to be very hard working, focussed totally committed otherwise you might as well give up now.

As Jeff has pointed out Rain water Harvesting is nothing new, I started a project on the subject in July 2006 just over 1 year ago now, I have many other projects planned for the future with one that I am really looking forward too is my Referral system that will be trailed within the next 2 months (then rolled out across the board) within a area that on paper looks like a real success story. Plus many more in there early stages and some that are distance thoughts all written down on paper, all ready to be developed.

Many Thanks

Justin

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2007, 12:00:10 pm »
That was much appreciated.

Thankyou Justin'

We are standing on the shoulders of giants so to speak. Please keep me/ this forum informed of any ideas/projects as they progress.

Thankyou again.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2007, 12:29:54 pm »
We are just copying the good ol' Americans again I am afraid.

I started WFP'ing in 2001 but I had friends in the US who had been using it as part of a very large commercial window cleaning firm for at least 10 years before that.

I would say though that the UK market is now leading the world, with our technology being exported back to the US!

sair

« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2007, 02:49:41 pm »
fraid so i   have to agree

i meet a chap called Colin "who now buys resin from me now", in 1993 he was cleaning windows with a tucker pole and a blue DI system, he bought all back from america , Imported

the vessel has just been retired due to usage,  i think he used to import the resin then, and bought from the chemical companies,

in my opinion he must have been one of the first in the country to clean domestic properties with pure water, and thats still how he cleans today, uses 4 sacks resin a month not even from a tank

since then thew industry has defiantly evolved.

Essentially Pure Ltd

KarlJones

Re: WHO/HOW WAS WFP INVENTED? New
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2007, 03:10:20 pm »
So my ten year old Pentium upstairs running on Windows 95 is just an illusion?
just thought I would nod in agreement and point to one of my first internet posts made in March 1996. On a 14mhz computer (yes 14Mhz not 1.4Ghz) which was pushing a whopping 4MB of RAM and a 60MB (MB not GB) hard drive.

Oh and I used an old 14" potable TV which needed repeated slaps for a monitor.  lol
edit,  i deleted the link because it made the page spread wide.
You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind.