4 (30.8%)
30.8%
4 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: June 24, 2007, 06:18:53 pm

niceandclean

Re: Window Cleaning Round For Sale
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2007, 08:35:52 pm »
There was a post on here refering to round builders saying they can build your round and you only pay twice the take therefore that`s what you should only ask for,take it from me a freind of mine rang them just out of interest and it was not possible for them to supply the kind of work he was looking for.They will only get you run of the mill type work,they might argue the fact but on enquiring that`s what he was told in a round about way.

What do you class as run of the mill stuff?? I use Roundbuilders and they have gotten me mainly residential as this is what i want, but i have also had commercial work from them, in fact all my 6 commercial jobs have come from them??

matt

« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2007, 08:38:15 pm »
Matt no offense mate but i think your confusing a general everyday round with a round that can churn out 50-£60 an hour day in day out.

oh i see, so a round is a " general everyday round" because it doesnt earn you 500 - 600 quid a day

i think i will only reply to sensible replies now, as 500 - 600 quid a day is NOT the norm

matt

« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2007, 08:38:59 pm »
There was a post on here refering to round builders saying they can build your round and you only pay twice the take therefore that`s what you should only ask for,take it from me a freind of mine rang them just out of interest and it was not possible for them to supply the kind of work he was looking for.They will only get you run of the mill type work,they might argue the fact but on enquiring that`s what he was told in a round about way.

What do you class as run of the mill stuff?? I use Roundbuilders and they have gotten me mainly residential as this is what i want, but i have also had commercial work from them, in fact all my 6 commercial jobs have come from them??

see my post above, it seems that 500 - 600 quid a day is the only round worth bothering about nowadays

niceandclean

« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2007, 08:44:24 pm »

see my post above, it seems that 500 - 600 quid a day is the only round worth bothering about nowadays

Ha Ha  ;D

Davew

« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2007, 08:53:50 pm »
Right i've had enough I want to sell my round too, I earn a hundred pounds an hour eight days a week but it's getting me depressed because I find I can't expand anymore and I would really like to mix it with the big boys. So anyone who wants my round are welcome to it I can't take anymore!

robbie14000

« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2007, 08:56:30 pm »
Matt - Business is business and we all want to be earning £1000 a day, why not every other business is there to make money and provide a good service and then sell their business for a good price and move onto something else or grow what they are good at.
It,s what people value their business at.
When I am older and cannot do it anymore if I cannot sell for a good price I will have people running the business as there is no way I am going to put years and years into building agood business to just give it away for peanuts.

Every day you see more and more window cleaners out and about and as the market becomes saturated and business becomes harder to gain prices will increase tenfold for buying top quality work.
To sell a decent round you are going to have to pay someone to sell it for you as a good going concern but a smaller business is still the same,  a good going concern but does not attract the same attention from brokers to sell on your behalf.
Thats why people give their business away for next to nothing.

I have a friend who works in the pest control business (6 years) and is now considering selling.
He has been offered 4 years profit.
Still the same type of business where he can lose business at any time.

Mike_G

« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2007, 09:16:45 pm »
If you can find someone to pay ten times earnings then good luck to you. But whilst there are others are being sold for a lot less what chance have you got, unless you have a unique selling point or a list of jobs that could be used to create something special.  I guess an example would be you clean Buckingham Palace then if you could promote that,  well who knows.