Trevor Knight

Re: raining
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2007, 07:43:04 am »
it,s getting ridiculous, what with all the rain over the last couple of months, plus the christmas break, I'm nearly 4 weeks behind now, and the customers are moaning...

Clean in the rain! I have done this for years now, otherwise, someone may knock on their door canvassing, customer thinks, hmm, my window cleaner still hasn't been, must have give up, ok then, when can you clean?

The new window cleaner turns up in the rain and customer thinks, at least i am getting them cleaned today!

If your that worried, clean them and if they complain, explain its so you can keep up and if all else fails offer them a discount as its rained, personally i never give a discount but then my customers know we will clean regardess of the weather, unless of course its honking it down all day!
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

Chris - CBWC

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2007, 09:04:19 am »
I'm having one of those weeks where I'm mentally battling to go out and work, but losing!  Yesterday it was supposed to rain all day, so I looked forward to a day off, didn't go out, and it didn't rain til the afternoon.  Today, I was set to go out, but it's ridiculously windy and gusting quite violently.  I say to the wife when she moans that I can't clean windows if I'm hugging the ladder with both arms (trad only) but still think I'm being a lazy bum!  Do any trad cleaners stop because of the wind?

Chris

007 or what

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2007, 09:17:24 am »
I used to not clean trad in the wind although the guy i was working for dint like us to stop for anything, anyway i'm not really bothered if it rains or is windy this week i've got bloody flu  :( again i'm a week behind  :'( cough cough sniff sniff

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2007, 09:26:48 am »
Yet another washout as predicted.

People say work in a bit of rain, but it's lashing down and the wind is really gusty.
Nobody's going to have it done in this. :(

I certainly wouldn't.

pjulk

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2007, 09:34:22 am »
Just light rain here but the wind is strong so just got to get motivated to do some decorating.

Paul

KarlJones

« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2007, 09:37:31 am »
Here in south staffordshire the postman said it was very gusty and he is right.  Saw a window cleaner while taking my son to school.  Greedy begger cleans em every fortnight no matter what the weather.  I do not think I would bother as it is a battle to walk around in it let alone work.  No rain yet though.

You can all come canvassing for me if you like :D
You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind.

seansurrey

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2007, 10:04:28 am »
Don't mind a bit of rain but the customers seem to. I'v managed to get out just 4 days since xmas. I phone round the night before then they phone in the morning to cancel I'm now nearly 4 wks behind.

Ian_Giles

« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2007, 10:07:55 am »
I'm with Roger on this one, conditions are really bad today, heavy wind and rain too, the worst of all weather combinations.
Shops I'll do because they are done so often, you can't leave them because of the weather, you have to stick very rigidely to your routine.
most offices are at least monthly, so in extreme conditions like these at present I leave those till things calm down a little too.

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2007, 10:34:16 am »
It's too bad for me to!  Fancy a game of squash, Ian?

rugby

« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2007, 10:35:18 am »
  looks like no work for me either, again  :'(  only light rain  here in gloucester, but the heavy wind is driveing it against the windows,dont think customers would be too happy if i turned up in this

i blame you lot in chepstow,we always seem to get your bad weather a couple of hours after you  ;)

gmcs

« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2007, 10:42:36 am »
Has not stopped for the last 5 days in "Sunny" >:( est Someet and is p***ing it down still

Trevor Knight

« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2007, 10:47:36 am »
People say work in a bit of rain, but it's lashing down and the wind is really gusty.
Nobody's going to have it done in this. :(

Totally agree with you, however, if its just light rain or drizzle then we just crack on, never had any problem with that?

seanmcshane

« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2007, 10:49:06 am »
I`m in now with the rain and wind hammering at the windows. I have an engineer on the way to fit a business line in my hose and am awaiting delivery of a ladder stand off.
When and if I am free this afternoon, I have 2 well priced gutter cleans to do which I can do in an afternoon and earn a good days pay.

Gutters are a real BONUS ;D

simon knight

« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2007, 11:04:27 am »
I'm having one of those weeks where I'm mentally battling to go out and work, but losing!  Yesterday it was supposed to rain all day, so I looked forward to a day off, didn't go out, and it didn't rain til the afternoon.  Today, I was set to go out, but it's ridiculously windy and gusting quite violently.  I say to the wife when she moans that I can't clean windows if I'm hugging the ladder with both arms (trad only) but still think I'm being a lazy bum!  Do any trad cleaners stop because of the wind?

Chris

Sounds like your Mrs and my Mrs are related ;D.  I do work in the wind provided it's a steady wind and not coming in sharp gusts. Tend to work more with my extention pole...not as good a finish....ho hum!

KarlJones

« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2007, 11:23:32 am »
To me it does not matter how well priced those gutters are.  65MPH gusts knocking about I think I would play it safe.

Forcast for tommorow says nothing about wind.

You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2007, 12:13:12 pm »
I've been asked to do a gutter job.
It would be ideal on a miserable day like this, I need the money.

Not worth chancing these winds though.

tonylee

« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2007, 01:33:12 pm »

Chris
used to worry about the wind but now i'm wfp. it now drys the glass. would not go back to trad now after 6 months or wfp.
tony

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2007, 02:15:11 pm »
Grrrrr!!!!!

We just a nice bright spell and it looked like it had really cleared up.
Feeling guilty, I thought I'd better try and get something done.

3 or 4 windows into the first house it starts again, really nasty sideways rain.
I don't leave jobs half done, so I battled on.

Lady wasn't too pleased, but I offered my apologies and got away with it.

Result? Soaking wet now, and made £8. >:(

« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2007, 02:18:22 pm »
Oh how im so glad i do wfp as well so i can do my 4 blocks of flats in the rain @ £300 per block should see me right by the weekend

Trevor Knight

« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2007, 04:11:12 pm »
Result? Soaking wet now, and made £8. >:(

shall I say I told you so or shall I sit here smug knowing that people will pay if it rains. Nah, I won't say a word, glad you got paid though  ;) ;D ;) ;D ;) ;D ;) ;D