matt

raining
« on: January 06, 2007, 01:28:25 pm »
will it ever stop raining ?? ?? ?

forcast for next week is just RAIN  :'( :'(

Re: raining
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 01:52:55 pm »
never trust a weather man. i only ever look one day ahead becasue they cant even get that right let alone 5 days

matt

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 03:05:34 pm »
i hope your right, i could do with working 2 out of my 3 days next week ;) could do with a few pennies

steveaqua

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2007, 03:18:31 pm »
I looked at the 5 day forecast last night and it said Mon-Wed Raining and Thursday Friday dry, i need a full 5 days next week to earn my cash...there was thursday this week which was suppose to dry but all day showers on and off, so yes never trust the weather man  >:(

matt

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2007, 03:34:11 pm »
I looked at the 5 day forecast last night and it said Mon-Wed Raining and Thursday Friday dry, i need a full 5 days next week to earn my cash...there was thursday this week which was suppose to dry but all day showers on and off, so yes never trust the weather man  >:(

mon to wed is what i work, so thats my 3 days gone

are well, cannot do anything about it

simon knight

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2007, 03:35:10 pm »
The forecast for saturday was dry until noon. So I book up 7 small jobs for this morning. It's rained non-stop since 8.30 and I've had to cancel them all. I'm not watching the forecasts any more....my cat is more accurate. If he doesn't want to be let out at 6am rain is almost guaranteed.

P®oPole™

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2007, 04:15:58 pm »

mon to wed is what i work, so thats my 3 days gone

are well, cannot do anything about it

I will be working come rain or shine ;)

Pro

Trevor Knight

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2007, 04:57:23 pm »
post reported - now modified - the amount of days a person works is their choice!
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

steveaqua

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2007, 05:22:08 pm »
I only got from 9am till 11.30am working time today, it was real heavy rain in the end and i ain't working in that, tomorrow the east midlands is suppose to be dry for most of the day, fingers crossed  ::)

simon knight

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2007, 05:34:05 pm »

If the BBC website is to be believed it's gonna be poxy all this week. I'm getting to the stage where even if the forecast says dry till midday I have to really force myself to rack-up the ladders etc for a few hours work.

jeff1

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2007, 05:35:14 pm »
Now I have changed over to wfp, I did my first day in rain and wind, not one moan from any of my customers, so unless its raining hard its work in the rain from now on ;D

pylofm

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2007, 05:41:20 pm »
Hi Guys I use this website http://www.meteox.com/h.aspx?r=holiday&jaar=-3&soort=loop3uur
and it does actually help me in planning my day...used it today and worked out that by staying home for an extra half hour I would miss the rain in the area where I was due to work today... ;D

pjulk

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2007, 06:05:05 pm »
Went out at 9.30 this morning and back at 12.10 as it was pouring hard and im not happy about cleaning window in the rain.
But still earn't quite a bit for the time i was out.
So im happy.

Well if they are right about the weather this week i will be doing some decorating indoors i have put it off long enough.
But i expect they got it wrong like usual and i will have to go and earn some money.

Paul

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2007, 06:09:43 pm »
Well I did £10 today before it belted down all day. :(
Tomorrow's supposed to be a total washout too.

I've got nothing to give the taxman by the end of the month. >:(
Guess I'll have to have a polite chat...

JM123

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2007, 06:14:42 pm »
Squeeky you can still work in the rain, I've done it many times trad - you need to squeegee really well though - thats not a dig I'm just saying it can be done but needs to be done really well.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

Ian_Giles

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2007, 06:19:41 pm »
The rain is a right pain in the neck >:( I didn't let it stop me having a good day though, but then I was doing commercial work today, so not remotely affected by the weather.
Tomorrow I'm mostly domestic. so long as it isn't hammering down or there are gale force winds I'll work in the rain.
Around here it wasn't that bad today, mostly that horrible heavy drizzle, I don't  mind working on in that stuff.

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

steveaqua

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2007, 07:15:57 pm »
Just seen the weather forecast for tomorrow.

BBC1 saying Dry where i am for most of the day

SKY NEWS WEATHER saying raining from 11am till 5pm

Which one is it, bloody weather men! >:(

simon knight

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2007, 07:22:24 pm »

Nip outside and if the cows are lying down and the pine cones are closed rain's on the way.

dai

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2007, 07:43:13 pm »
Do you ever go out on the morning thinking you have forgotten something?
I find with the onset of old age this is a frequent occurrence.
I did a mental check of all my bibs and bobs. Got every thing I need.
I get to the job 25 miles away and realise I have forgotten my hill walking jacket.
Of course it starts lashing down. I don't mind working in drizzle, but not without a jacket. And while I'm thinking about it. I better go and put it in the van now.
It looks like I'll be needing it tomorrow. Dai

Mr.G

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2007, 10:13:46 pm »
it,s getting ridiculous, what with all the rain over the last couple of months, plus the christmas break, I'm nearly 4 weeks behind now, and the customers are moaning...