george renwick

Auto hose reel
« on: July 17, 2019, 08:25:12 pm »
What are the thought on these would you be able to use on thinner hose ??? or modify to work ??
https://www.ie.screwfix.com/hozelock-auto-reel-30m.html

nathankaye

Re: Auto hose reel
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2019, 08:45:12 pm »
I've used similar on a DIY trolley, but 15 M and it worked well. It saves winding the hose after every clean, but then I only use the trolley on difficult to park properties.

It's not something to be used in a van system
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Slash

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2019, 04:44:45 pm »
I don't see why you can't use these with thinner hose and a reducer, Tucker poles systems have  similar auto rewind hose reels like these.

david mark

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2019, 01:01:03 pm »
I use to use the Tucker reels back in the late 90s bloody nightmare

lee_dewing

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2019, 05:05:17 pm »
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9KWzrUF8Rvc

Don’t know if you’ve seen this 🤔
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

Splash & dash

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2019, 05:45:39 pm »
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9KWzrUF8Rvc

Don’t know if you’ve seen this 🤔

What a bodge job that is and when the chain stretches there is no adjustment,  he hasn’t a clue about alighting the motor and the sprocket might be ok for occasional use but certainly no good for 8 hours a day 5 days a week work by a professional person , it’s the kind of thing h man would come up with 😂😂😂😂 if you want an electric reel then just buy one  why do all theses window cleaners that boast what they are earning bother with all theses  cheap and nasty and dangerous things , if you are an employer and you get an employee to use that reel you are breaking the health and safety law , there is no chain guard for starters that’s a legal requirement for any chain driven piece of equipment , the guy should be embarrassed at posting such rubbish and encouraging ones to work in such a dangerous way

lee_dewing

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2019, 06:08:51 pm »
Fair enough  ;D
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

Splash & dash

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2019, 06:21:06 pm »
Fair enough  ;D

I don’t have a problem with you or your listing the video but am just amazed at the way some people try and influence others to work in a dangerous manor the unsuspecting could easily be caught out with this guys unsafe practices.

Slash

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2019, 06:26:40 pm »
Yes,a chain guard is vital but the chain will still stretch on professional systems of am I missing something.

Splash & dash

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2019, 07:06:55 pm »
Yes,a chain guard is vital but the chain will still stretch on professional systems of am I missing something.

Yes it will but any decent professional reel will come with adjustments