P @ F

Robbing B stards
« on: July 17, 2019, 07:21:41 pm »
Anybody else had this from the accountant ?
I thought I already paid him to do just this in the event of investigation , or is it just another fleecing tactic .
The service is provided by Croner taxwise

I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Simon Trapani

Re: Robbing B stards
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2019, 07:28:30 pm »
Yes it's an optional extra I thought?

AuRavelling79

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2019, 07:30:04 pm »
Dear Lemsip,

Further to your speculative invoice; do you think I am a lemon to be squeezed until the pips squeak?

Yours P&F
It's a game of three halves!

Shrek

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2019, 07:47:09 pm »
Tell them your already covered with the FSB and you didn’t ask for that service

P @ F

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2019, 07:56:38 pm »
I don’t understand any of it tbh , that’s why I pay him !
So who would have paid all of these supposed extra costs if I had been investigated  prior the the turn up of this Croner bunch ?

dd

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2019, 08:03:00 pm »
If you wanted your accountant to represent you in an HMRC investigation you would have to pay his fees yourself. Seems to be some kind of insurance policy add on to cover such costs.

I was investigated by HMRC about 15 years or more ago. I am just a sole trader and represented myself. An unpleasant process but I was OK in the end.

P @ F

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2019, 08:03:07 pm »
Mr Gold , are you implying that I’m tight with the use of SQUEAK  ;D
I would pay no problem but is it really necessary to have this ?
Also if investigated surely it’s up to the HMRC to foot the cost , I wouldn’t be asking for this service would I !

Shrek

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2019, 08:51:54 pm »
Mr Gold , are you implying that I’m tight with the use of SQUEAK  ;D
I would pay no problem but is it really necessary to have this ?
Also if investigated surely it’s up to the HMRC to foot the cost , I wouldn’t be asking for this service would I !

You would foot the bill unfortunately

Dry Clean

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2019, 09:00:26 pm »
Its funny how so many self employed people fear the thought of a tax investigation, because of cutbacks it is highly unlikely that you will ever be investigated but if you are the only thing you can get done for is intent, if there's a mistake you will either get a bill or a rebate.

Smudger

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2019, 09:07:40 pm »
Yeah right - they are going to all that trouble to give you a rebate  :-\

Its an insurance policy - you would have to pay your accountant to attend and depending on how long the investigation took this could run into thousands...

if your with the FSB and get pulled then they would cover your costs

yes your chances of being looked at are small - unless you keep bragging on a forum you earn 80k yet your tax returns show its nearer 15k OR your earnings are out of sync with other similar businesses - all returns are number crunched and compared so if the average windy earns say 25k and you are well outside this you may be flagged - likewise if you have lots of holidays, live in a large house with mortgage new car this can flag up as well

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Dry Clean

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2019, 09:31:04 pm »

Its an insurance policy - you would have to pay your accountant to attend and depending on how long the investigation took this could run into thousands...

yes your chances of being looked at are small - unless you keep bragging on a forum you earn 80k yet your tax returns show its nearer 15k OR your earnings are out of sync with other similar businesses - all returns are number crunched and compared so if the average windy earns say 25k and you are well outside this you may be flagged - likewise if you have lots of holidays, live in a large house with mortgage new car this can flag up as well

Darran

If they find you have over paid they have to give you a rebate, mistakes can work both ways, as for the rest, its simple if you are honest then there is no need for insurance and if you are making £80k and  only declaring £15k then the insurance wont cover you anyway.

P @ F

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2019, 09:49:53 pm »
I have nothing to hide that’s for sure , 2 old cars , poop house , not had a holiday in years , never got a good balance and do part time hours due to health !
All I am guilty of is stupidity with credit cards and overdraughts over the years , so they can see exactly where my money now goes  :'(

Slacky

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2019, 01:52:33 am »

Darran

If they find you have over paid they have to give you a rebate, mistakes can work both ways, as for the rest, its simple if you are honest then there is no need for insurance and if you are making £80k and  only declaring £15k then the insurance wont cover you anyway.

How many times have you been investigated?

Spruce

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2019, 07:00:15 am »
I have nothing to hide that’s for sure , 2 old cars , poop house , not had a holiday in years , never got a good balance and do part time hours due to health !
All I am guilty of is stupidity with credit cards and overdraughts over the years , so they can see exactly where my money now goes  :'(

Just out of interest - do you refer to yourself as a full time self employed cleaner or a part time self employed cleaner.

I ask as I'm in a similar catagory as you, just managed a full first clean yesterday and 2 regular cleans before I 'faded'. That first clean was bad - old customer, new house.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

P @ F

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2019, 08:24:51 am »
Definitely part time , it’s all I can do with fatigue the way I get it , the heat kills me off instantly now .
I must look at selling up or renting out and doing other things , gutted really !

dazmond

« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2019, 08:45:13 am »
Definitely part time , it’s all I can do with fatigue the way I get it , the heat kills me off instantly now .
I must look at selling up or renting out and doing other things , gutted really !

I thought you were ok now mate?

What's your diet and exercise regime like?
.....and do you smoke and drink?

price higher/work harder!

carl stanton

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2019, 12:21:49 pm »
The accountant firm  I use sent me a letter last year offering tax investigation “insurance” it was just under £200!  But I didn’t reply until I met with the accountant I asked him what it’s about he kinda smiled and said “well you try” it’s an insurance but with their mark up.
My public liability with legal cover would cover me

P @ F

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2019, 12:39:55 pm »

So did I Daz , truth is I’m shot I reckon .
Diet is fine as is exercise but I do vape and have the odd beer .
It really is down to the fatigue which won’t go as it’s a side effect of stroke.
Today is overcast and I am coping much better than in the sun we have had recently , so I reckon it’s sun teamed up with fatigue that is the enemy .
Don’t work in heavy rain
Don’t work if sunny
I ain’t gonna get out there  ;D

zesty

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2019, 04:34:22 pm »

It really is down to the fatigue which won’t go as it’s a side effect of stroke.
Today is overcast and I am coping much better than in the sun we have had recently , so I reckon it’s sun teamed up with fatigue that is the enemy .
Don’t work in heavy rain
Don’t work if sunny

Must be tough mate. How old are you?

Splash & dash

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2019, 04:41:14 pm »

Don’t work in heavy rain
Don’t work if sunny

Sorry to hear this must be tough , is it an option for you to drive someone round and they do the window cleaning and you just do the paper work and collecting ? Might make life easier on you