The Jester of Wibbly

Storm Gareth
« on: March 12, 2019, 07:23:51 am »
Who is taking on the storm over the next 2 days?   I can't be doing with fighting the pole in strong winds
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Stoots

Re: Storm Gareth
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2019, 07:31:49 am »
Yep just crack on until it's impossible.

Already had 2 ways ting to skip today

Shrek

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2019, 07:33:03 am »
Me neither, I think the rain is to settle down about 10 so maybe have a late start today

Spotfree

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2019, 08:12:20 am »
Only got 3 days to do this week, taking today and tomorrow off and doing thurs,fri,sat instead.

Today doesnt look too bad, raining till midday and then the wind isnt supposed to pick till later. If i clean any windows today they'll be filthy again in the morning though.

jonboywalton75

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2019, 08:19:48 am »
One off fascia clean later this morning, apartment block dinner time and some rural detached later.
Tomorrow I'll do a bit in the afternoon when rain eases off.

jonboywalton75

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2019, 08:21:58 am »
Only got 3 days to do this week, taking today and tomorrow off and doing thurs,fri,sat instead.

Today doesnt look too bad, raining till midday and then the wind isnt supposed to pick till later. If i clean any windows today they'll be filthy again in the morning though.

Always like it when windows get dirty straight away cos they need me to clean them again
££££££££'s

Dave Willis

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2019, 08:45:45 am »
Got two commercials and half a dozen domestics. So £250 for an hours work. Should be able to squeeze that in somewhere. I’ve got all my slips written out ready and had my breakfast last night to save time whilst making my flask. Happy days!

Gringo

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2019, 10:05:50 am »
 ;D quality big red cock, are you drumming tonight?

nathankaye

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2019, 10:10:42 am »
I dont mind wORking in the rain  ::)roll

So comfy clothes underneath the water proofs as no one will see them. So its a day off from wearing the usual work uniform. Cosy jumper then rain coat and away I go.

Obviously if it gets ridiculous to work in or winds pick up, then im more than happy to come back home but atleast I know ive earnt that day rather than sack it off
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2019, 10:30:51 am »

Always like it when windows get dirty straight away cos they need me to clean them again
££££££££'s

I always hate it when the customer blame the WC for future bad weather  ;D
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Spruce

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2019, 12:05:27 pm »

££££££££'s

I just tell them that I'm afraid I'm not that good. If I was I wouldn't be here; I'd be making it rain in the Outback.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

nathankaye

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2019, 12:08:09 pm »

££££££££'s

When i see my customers cut the grass or wash their car, I just shout over; "your gonna make it rain now!" They dont see the funny side and hopefully ive made a small point to them.  ;D
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

SB Cleaning

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2019, 01:24:10 pm »
Got two commercials and half a dozen domestics. So £250 for an hours work. Should be able to squeeze that in somewhere. I’ve got all my slips written out ready and had my breakfast last night to save time whilst making my flask. Happy days!
5 star booked at weekend?

Smudger

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2019, 01:38:59 pm »
Oh piddling down here

Think I’ll do an nk

😵

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

dd

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2019, 01:51:02 pm »
Don't forget to fit in your 1/2 hour lunch break in your heated seat to keep your rse warm.

Johnny B

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2019, 06:25:10 pm »
My daughter and I were out this morning. Sunny one minute, hammering it down the next, then the winds joined in. Had to give it up in the end, but the way we looked at it is there's always tomorrow.

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

dazmond

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2019, 07:53:30 pm »
Who is taking on the storm over the next 2 days?   I can't be doing with fighting the pole in strong winds

first job of the day tomorrow is a fairly large georgian type house with deep ledges.i need my 25 ft pole fully extended just to reach the first floor windows.........i think ill be using my xtreme 47 and only extend most sections half way to make the pole heavier! :P
price higher/work harder!

jonboywalton75

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2019, 08:41:46 pm »
Lie in for me tomorrow
Do a bit in the afternoon

dazmond

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2019, 09:15:05 am »

so what are you doing?having 2 days off?how much money will you lose in 2 days?£400?£500?or more?thats another chunk off my mexico  holiday so im off out shortly..... ;D
price higher/work harder!

Stoots

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2019, 03:57:41 pm »
Looking on Facebook and it seems like everyone is having days off lol

I've worked all week, some heavy rain some heavy wind and I will battle on tomorrow and Friday as well.

I used to be like that but you just can't run a regular reliable business or earn any decent money by having a day or week off everytime bad weather is forecast.

I've had 2 customers wanting to skip so far this week  due to weather ...that's fine, few less to do then great. Of anyone else want to skip then I understand and it's no problem, if I do 95% of my normal workload this week it will have been a great week considering the weather.

Ok so you risk a few complaints, but id rather have 2-3 complaints and work all week than do nothing and have none. (Not had any yet btw)

What I've learned is to rather than be scared of what a custy might think or what the bad weather might do to the glass simply get loads of work, keep it coming in and keep churning through it, if anyone wants to cancel or has a problem that you clean in all weathers dump and onto the next.