P @ F

Re: % response from leaflets
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2018, 05:16:11 pm »
I put out about 100 postcard size during the summer , 70 to new build estate and 30 to hand picked houses , out of that I got 11 jobs , only 2 were from the new builds though !
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Walter Mitty

Re: % response from leaflets
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2018, 06:01:13 pm »
Based on what everyone's said it would seem leaflets are a waste of time.

And yet so many people use them.

Im confused.

lol let me make it simple. The only thing that matters is the money return not how many customers you get. Example. this year as I said we delivered 800k that cost £85,000.00 so far we gained 1700 customers. Of that 500 or so replaced losses so we are up by 1200 customers on this time last year which gives us a turnover increase of £181,000.00 so not a waste of time at all.

So even at low return rates it's worth it?

Is there any circumstance when leafleting isn't worth it?

Do you need to do a minimum amount of drops to make it worth it?

Cheers

It might not be worth it if you are putting the leaflets out yourself (in much smaller quantities, obviously).  It's a lot of foot slogging.  Putting out 700 in a day is a fair bit of walking.  On average, you might get two customers from that.  Whereas if you door knock you'll likely pick up more customers but often not as good a quality of customer (leafleted customers tend to stick around more).  However, if a sole trader, it's often better to go for knocking and less walking, because people in a new area are more likely to approach you once they see you working.
So I reckon if you're doing it all yourself, knocking is more effective.  But if you are talking about bulk distribution where you pay for leaflet drops, leaflets is often better.