Sid123

Pure Freedom Flowmaster P5 error
« on: August 19, 2018, 09:29:26 pm »
Hi all,

Desperate to sort out a problem with my pumps.
Moved all my equipment into a new van over the weekend and all seemed well.
I have 2 pure freedom flowmaster pumps, both are now showing P5 error with no water being pumped at all from the tank.
I’ve followed the instructions and calibrated the pumps / checked wiring but to no avail.

I’ve tried disconnecting the pumps by leaving off the battery but this seems to have no effect, also they won’t auto calibrate again which seems a bit odd.

I’ve played with the flo and calibration up and down but again nothing changes.

There is no sound from the motor either.

Any ideas??   :'(

SB Cleaning

Re: Pure Freedom Flowmaster P5 error
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2018, 09:59:47 pm »
You have airlocks in the pumps ;)

Disconnect hose from pumps and run at full throttle for a few seconds,  reconnect hoses problem should be sorted.

LBWCS

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2018, 10:15:28 pm »
Had the same problem randomly the other day. I spoke to pf and it’s a connection problem. Check all the wiring in the connectors. They said also it could be corrosion if it’s the 2nd pump. I now alternate my main pump and secondary and it’s back to normal!

SB Cleaning

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2018, 11:27:54 pm »
Had the same problem randomly the other day. I spoke to pf and it’s a connection problem. Check all the wiring in the connectors. They said also it could be corrosion if it’s the 2nd pump. I now alternate my main pump and secondary and it’s back to normal!
my money's still on airlocks  ;D

John Mart

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2018, 07:28:33 am »
my money's still on airlocks  ;D
Normally with airlocks the pump just runs and nothing comes out and the pump doesn't register an error. The other thing to check is calibration?

Don Kee

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2018, 07:49:45 am »

This ^^^

Check your negative wire/s for a dodgy connection.

Spruce

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2018, 06:44:06 pm »
And the fuse and fuse holder. Did you reverse poliarity on the battery by any chance?
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Ian Sheppard

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2018, 02:25:30 pm »
Thank you guys for commenting on this.  I would agree all the above are possibles, Air in the system, leaking connectors and loose/damaged cables and connectors are all possible.

PS = Pressure Switch. The controller will display PS when 1. Pump pressure switch has activated due to high pressure. 2 Electrical fault on particular between the pump and controller. As above check the negative connection to the battery is secure. Other reasons for PS to display. Low battery volts, rusted/corroded connectors/Fuse and fuse holder, exposed cable core touching metal and grounding,  A jammed non return valve in a hose reel, Blocked tank breather hole, Also iot could be teh pump PS has failed.
For a longer explanation and fault find guide http://springltd.co/support

Scroll down to "what to do if PS displays"
V16 Is Here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AhbZirSlpI&t=8s
Polarity Protect technology

Sid123

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2018, 11:33:19 pm »
Thanks everyone for your comments.

The problem with the old pump was nothing but a loose wire....so all good.

The second pump (new one) maybe slightly different but am just using old for now.
It has been suggested to pump water into the pump via a hose pipe to get the party started so to speak, so when I attempt to fire it up again that’s what I’ll try.