S.W. Window Cleaning

How many houses could you clean for 25 litres?
« on: May 03, 2017, 10:54:55 pm »
As title,
Say a 3 bedroom semi . How many houses would 25 litres do using a back pack.
Thanks
Steve

Darren H

Re: How many houses could you clean for 25 litres?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2017, 11:06:39 pm »
I might finish it but would have next to nothing left.

S.W. Window Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2017, 11:10:09 pm »
So really one house per 25 then.

Cheers

nathankaye

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2017, 11:19:55 pm »
Im gonna course some confusion now. As a basic 3 bed semi with clean frames and so mostly cleaning the top part of the frame and windows, i can clean 2 n half houses on a full flow and my brush has four pencil jets and a gardiner valve gooseneck.

However if its a first clean, then yes most would be used up on one house
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Dry Clean

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2017, 11:34:40 pm »
Im gonna course some confusion now. As a basic 3 bed semi with clean frames and so mostly cleaning the top part of the frame and windows, i can clean 2 n half houses on a full flow and my brush has four pencil jets and a gardiner valve gooseneck.

Nathan all I can say is Wow, that's roughly 10lts per 3 bed semi, at full flow say 3lts per minute it works out at just over 3 minutes per property on the glass.

NWH

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2017, 12:13:39 am »
It's easy enough to work out turn it up to the flow you normally use and time it emptying into a bucket,we all work at different speeds this will tell you personally how many Windows you'll clean with 25 litres.

Don Simon

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2017, 03:51:58 am »
U woukd hate to have to ration water !
Try and get a system where you have pkenty of water cos sometimes esoecially on hot days you can use twice as much !
Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.

Spruce

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2017, 07:07:18 am »
U woukd hate to have to ration water !
Try and get a system where you have pkenty of water cos sometimes esoecially on hot days you can use twice as much !

I agree with you. Used son's backpack the other day for a couple of windows. He has his set on a very slow speed to save water. It takes him ages to rinse a window.
However,  his setup time compared to mine is much quicker so that compensates.

I struggle to carry that weight of water around, so hose is my only option.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Shrek

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2017, 07:10:33 am »
1 house for me

Dave Willis

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2017, 07:31:21 am »
One house for me ... trad.

jonboywalton75

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2017, 07:35:11 am »
One house

Stoots

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2017, 07:42:13 am »
Roughly 1 house.

If I have a big day I just about empty my 500l tank. And that might be 20 house so yes roughly 25l

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2017, 07:48:22 am »
ive had a new customer recently tell me their last window cleaner at their old house(who i know) used the pole system but windows were always a mess when they d dried.(he uses a trolley system and low flow to conserve water) ::)roll.shes very happy with the job i do though.

on topic one 3 bed semi around 20L will be used on a maintenance clean
price higher/work harder!

Dry Clean

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2017, 08:24:10 am »
As above 20 to 25lts per property.

nathankaye

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2017, 09:26:45 am »
Wow i am totally amazed how much water you people use per house.
In van i have 500 litres and in 2 years i have only emptied it twice and thats when ive taken over a round from trad to wfp, so constant new cleans.
I clean a huge farm house which is used as an accountance agency. Tho wife does horse riding shows etc so still have horse n stabled. But part of the stables is the break room for all the staff. There also have a ground floor block of offices so four large windows and two doors and also a granny house which they rent out, slightly bigger than a basic 3 bed semi. The farm house has a huge conservatory as well.
Its quicker for me to use the trolley than drag all the hose out dodging everyones cars and foot traffic etc etc. I clean all the glass on just 2 fills of the trolley but i dont drain the 2nd fill. So probably use about 40litres of water. Again this is water flowing on agitation and rinsing. The only water reserving is using tap valve turning on/off between each window thats all. But it is regualr 4wk maintenance cleans.

On say a normal council estate size house, 3 bed semi would you still use 20 // 25ltrs per house. Just using this as to relate to the size of house everyone has in mind when cleaning, because i cant believe how much everyone is saying they use.

When using van system i work with hot fast flowing water on a pure freedom digi controller set at 80 and 4 pencil jets. But i find a fast flow on maintenance cleans uses less water because your kinda rinsing whilst your cleaning.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

jonboywalton75

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2017, 09:50:06 am »
Council semi size I'd probably use 15 ltr, full flow, no controller
Semi with bay windows, a lot more

nathankaye

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2017, 10:02:41 am »

As an example ive just whipped trolley out to clean these two houses, not great example as these are 2 bed semis. Theres 2 more windows on each of the sides, so an extra 4 that u cant see. Plus the downstairs front window has side windows on that bay type window
Ive managed these 2 size houses on less than 25ltrs in my gardiner back pack but with 2 pencil jets on brush. Still on full flow though and gooseneck valve.

I probably have enough water to clean the fronts of one of these houses again
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

M & C Window Cleaning

Re: How many houses could you clean for 25 litres? New
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2017, 01:57:42 pm »
This morning I was doing regular cleans on a mix of 3 and 4 bed semis and terraced houses with quite a lot of glass on most of them and averaged 2.3 houses per 25ltrs.
We have a choice! We can do one or the other, the opposite, both, or neither depending on which way the wind is blowing.

8weekly

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2017, 03:30:01 pm »

As an example ive just whipped trolley out to clean these two houses, not great example as these are 2 bed semis. Theres 2 more windows on each of the sides, so an extra 4 that u cant see. Plus the downstairs front window has side windows on that bay type window
Ive managed these 2 size houses on less than 25ltrs in my gardiner back pack but with 2 pencil jets on brush. Still on full flow though and gooseneck valve.

I probably have enough water to clean the fronts of one of these houses again
How much did you charge for those? Do you get many complaints?

paul alan

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2017, 04:40:27 pm »

bloody hell mate, if you can do a first clean and only use 25ltrs I need come and spend a day with you as Im using waaayy more than that, do you clean frames?