JandS

On a budget
« on: March 14, 2016, 08:54:49 am »
There you go all you window lickers....4.30pm on Saturday afternoon....no speeding ticket for this guy.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

nathankaye

Re: On a budget
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 09:10:20 am »
Good for him!!
A while bk I was without a van/car and so I had to use a push bike to get around with my kit. But I strapped ladders to the handles n seat. Took me over an hr sometimes to get to one of my rounds (15mins in car). Then on the opposite end of scale, you have people who moan at their lot in life but they have no drive/motivation to do anything about it. Obviously a car would help this dude, but oh well, that extra bit of effort n I can still work!! Good for you sir
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 10:16:56 am »
And I moan that my fuel economy in transit custom ain't as advertised and my electric hose reel needs to be quicker lol.

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2016, 08:11:48 am »
id hate to clean all them georgian windows trad now.lol. ;D
price higher/work harder!

andyM

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2016, 08:43:56 am »
He's spying on the wfp'ers that have been inside sitting at the bar since 2pm.  :D 
One of the Plebs

stevon

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2016, 06:13:02 pm »
I know him hes on £400 a day

Perfect Windows

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2016, 07:03:33 pm »
Good for him.  For all the tripe spoken on here, all you need to do to succeed in this game is to get people's windows clean and to keep turning up.  The rest is fluff.

Vin

martin hulstone

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2016, 09:02:54 pm »
Minimal overheads, No days off cause the van has broken down, stress free.
Hat off to the man, i bet he is happier than most on here!

Smurf

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2016, 09:13:06 pm »

Mine is bigger than yours an a wee bit faster  ;D

Smurf

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2016, 09:40:51 pm »
Oops! wrong pic. ::)roll

Anyhow many  still use bikes or trikes so fair play to them

rosskesava

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2016, 01:22:13 am »
I know him hes on £400 a day

Yeah, sure he is.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

dazmond

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2016, 06:28:02 am »

why would he be happier?if you notice this section is called "window cleaning issues" so your bound to put up problems with systems,vans etc. ;D

id hate to work like that again.what happens when it rains? ;D

no stress?i used to hate window cleaning trad on cold damp days,wet ladders,slippy mossy driveways........oh and the risk of falling off your ladders(i fell off twice in 17 years and had a few near misses).i earned a lot less money(around 20k less a year than i do now).my wfp expenses are roughly 3k extra a year compared to trad only.i now work less hours a day actually window cleaning and have more days off throughout the year.

many years ago when my car was off the road and i was skint and struggling my dad would drop me and my ladders off near some of my work and id walk and clean my round.it was slow hard work.at the end of the day id leave my ladders at a customers house and get a taxi home. ;D.i really dont miss them days.

Smurf

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2016, 12:34:11 pm »
Some trad guys use both a van to transport it closer to the work then use a bike & trailer around shopping centres etc.
Very smart guy  ;D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6c4GWMgZvUU

martin hulstone

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2016, 01:26:57 pm »
He probably does not work in the rain, maybe no need, unlike some people who work in all weathers and in another breath tell us how important it is to get 0 tds when the rain water smashing against it will be at least 10!
And as for earning miles more, that dont make you happy, finding the right balance in life does Dazmond.
imo.
 :)

Smurf

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2016, 01:41:18 pm »
Most start of trad and some it suites them to stay trad awell depending on the type of properties they clean and if they use ladders or trad poles instead. Wfp is just another means of cleaning glass but obviously has it benifits and drawbacks too.

I did notice  how bad the windows looked 5 floors up in a hosptital ward yesterday as you could clearly see drip marks left from the guy using a wfp and to be honest the glass did not look much cleaner either. ;D

Smurf

« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2016, 02:11:41 pm »
Some trad guys on a tight budget have a bit of a ladder fetish going on too.  ;D

tonycarr

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2016, 02:47:13 pm »
one of these guys has a mobility issue  ;D

guess which one

tony
T & J Window Cleaning services

Smurf

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2016, 03:22:42 pm »
one of these guys has a mobility issue  ;D

guess which one

tony

Or is just smarter than the other guy  ;D

dazmond

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2016, 06:33:26 pm »
He probably does not work in the rain, maybe no need, unlike some people who work in all weathers and in another breath tell us how important it is to get 0 tds when the rain water smashing against it will be at least 10!
And as for earning miles more, that dont make you happy, finding the right balance in life does Dazmond.
imo.
 :)

earning 20k more a year from the safety of the ground DOES make ME happy mate! ;D ;D

Dave Willis

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2016, 06:37:54 pm »
Yeah,  :P
PAL.