Ben wood

goodbye
« on: January 21, 2016, 07:36:46 pm »
Over the last few years I have been struggling with enjoying window cleaning. So I have now sold all my work and van.  So I bid you all goodbye, and all the luck.
Thanks for all your help along the way guys. And be safe

andyM

Re: goodbye
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 07:44:04 pm »
So what will you be doing workwise now?
One of the Plebs

duncan h

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2016, 07:44:52 pm »
good luck mate

Ben wood

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 07:48:29 pm »
I am a trained aircraft fitter. But got made redundant at 21 and helped my grandad til I found another job. But when he retired I forgot to look for a new job. 9 years later I remembered.  I had been thinking about it for a year or so, then the right offer came.

andyM

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2016, 07:55:22 pm »
Best of luck then.
I'm not sure I could go back to being an employee, to be honest I'm not even sure anyone would want me.   :-X
One of the Plebs

SB Cleaning

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2016, 08:00:25 pm »
Good luck woods :)

Smurf

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2016, 08:02:16 pm »
I am a trained aircraft fitter. But got made redundant at 21 and helped my grandad til I found another job. But when he retired I forgot to look for a new job. 9 years later I remembered.  I had been thinking about it for a year or so, then the right offer came.

Good trade to be in, wishing you all the best for the future  ;)

DaveG

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2016, 08:08:35 pm »
All the best Ben. Cheers for your help  :)
You can't polish a turd

Matt.

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2016, 08:21:44 pm »
Good on you mate, do sutton you enjoy. It definatley sounds interesting

I don't love window cleaning but I certainly dont hate or dislike it, so I think for now al just crack on.......

Good luck

Walter Mitty

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2016, 08:34:44 pm »
Over the last few years I have been struggling with enjoying window cleaning. So I have now sold all my work and van.  So I bid you all goodbye, and all the luck.

I hope things work out for you.  I suppose not everyone misses being their own boss.
For me, working for an employer would be a nightmare after so long self-employed. 
Even driving jobs aren't what they used to be with all those trackers and mobile phones these days.
I once had a job where I visited supermarkets in the south-east on a rota - to sort out their advertising boards and the like.  I worked from home for a company based in the north-west.  I had to phone in once a day (before mobiles).  I even begrudged doing that LOL.
I hope you got a decent price for your business.

Ben wood

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2016, 08:47:19 pm »
Thanks guy, I have always said, the day it becomes a drag going to clean windows, I would sell up.and go back to fitting. Will stay on here for little while and give advice when I can. But not often.

wfp master

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2016, 08:55:01 pm »
 :'( :'( :'(

Ben wood

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2016, 09:04:13 pm »
Thanks guy, I have always said, the day it becomes a drag going to clean windows, I would sell up.and go back to fitting. Will stay on here for little while and give advice when I can. But not often.

Lee GLS

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2016, 10:14:49 pm »

Who did you use to work for? I was an an aircraft fitter as well but got made redundant 12 years ago went straight into window cleaning.

Ben wood

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2016, 10:22:27 pm »
Mainly Cobham. But done some contracting. All I got to do is retake my air frame lisc. Where did you work mate

paulben

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2016, 06:38:14 am »
Good luck for the future
Do not steal the government hates competition

Lee GLS

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2016, 08:34:31 am »
Mainly Cobham. But done some contracting. All I got to do is retake my air frame lisc. Where did you work mate

Fls aerospace at Stansted. There isn't really much going on up there these dsys though.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2016, 08:39:16 am »
Best wishes mate. Always keep a small round going even if you rent it out!

edited: just noticed you said you'd sold your van and work! Doh! Sorry, must read more thoroughly.
It's a game of three halves!

dazmond

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2016, 08:59:20 am »

wishing you all the best for the future pal.

yeah window cleaning isnt for everyone.(in fact its not for most people!) ;D

23 years for me and im still chomping on the bit to get out there and work most days.i love the freedom,lifestyle , fresh air and of course the money.its a relatively stress free occupation.

even at times like this when im off sick i know my work will still be there next week waiting for me. :)
price higher/work harder!

Ben wood

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2016, 10:01:19 pm »
Cheers guys. Lee I used to do some spraying up at Stanstead years ago. Must say I took the buyer to meet my customers today and at the end he has paid in full. It's a very strange feeling seeing my van driving away. But onwards and upwards. Before I start work I have a operation on my knee. They are taking a ligament out of my shoulder to put in my knee. The joys of trad work and playing football. Lol