Gerald Ash

Have to start all over again.
« on: August 23, 2015, 10:32:48 pm »
 >:(Due to problems with my business partner which I'm not going in to I have nothing and have to start again.
.  I have to get a vehicle then start getting customers.
 It is the best option believe it or not. Things were stressful beyond belief.
. I've got my old backpack and pole but no filters or barrels. There is so much I'm doing differently this time. No charity rubbish, no cheaper prices for first clean, the customer is taken on monthly unless they want two or three months and no @@%*-;% business partners.
 Things were so bad I've had at least three or four cardiac events every week. Came to a head this week by ending up in hospital again suspected heart attack. Luckily it was a severe angina attack.
 From now on all I want is 5-7 jobs a day just to earn a living.
Stress free life, short hours and money to spare. That's why I love this game.

DeLuce

Re: Have to start all over again.
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2015, 10:42:03 pm »
Sorry to hear that Gerald.
Sounds like the start of a good plan,good luck fella.
Keep it simple but profitable for what you need.

samson

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2015, 10:51:50 pm »
Sorry about the hard times you are having, but you sound resilient and if you tell us the area you cover maybe members on here can help you out.            I wish you well my friend  ;D

Johnny B

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2015, 11:27:02 pm »
Sorry to hear you've had these problems Gerald.

You have a great work ethic, and going by what you achieved before, you will do well.

Best wishes for the future,
John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

rosskesava

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2015, 11:51:38 pm »
>:(Due to problems with my business partner which I'm not going in to I have nothing and have to start again.
.  I have to get a vehicle then start getting customers.
 It is the best option believe it or not. Things were stressful beyond belief.
. I've got my old backpack and pole but no filters or barrels. There is so much I'm doing differently this time. No charity rubbish, no cheaper prices for first clean, the customer is taken on monthly unless they want two or three months and no @@%*-;% business partners.
 Things were so bad I've had at least three or four cardiac events every week. Came to a head this week by ending up in hospital again suspected heart attack. Luckily it was a severe angina attack.

I feel for you mate.

I know all about the business partner type thing and the stress that you describe just by how you describe it but if you look back, I think you'll maybe come to realise that from day one it was never going to work in the long term.

Still, you've learnt from it and what to do, what not to do and to just simply do the job for yourself which is a big big plus. Think back to when you first started and posted on here, and to what you know now. You're starting all over again afresh knowing about what to do and how to do it.

I know you've not got much needed to get going but be determined and you'll get there. Good luck.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2015, 12:05:01 am »
When I started 39 years ago I worked with a good friend but we never got to the point of becoming business partners. After three weeks we had to split up and work on our own. We just could not work together. I see fellas now round my way working in twos and even threes and wonder how they do it.
I like the simplicity of working on my own I must admit.
We have a choice! We can do one or the other, the opposite, both, or neither depending on which way the wind is blowing.

Johnny B

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2015, 03:46:33 am »
When I started 39 years ago I worked with a good friend but we never got to the point of becoming business partners. After three weeks we had to split up and work on our own. We just could not work together. I see fellas now round my way working in twos and even threes and wonder how they do it.
I like the simplicity of working on my own I must admit.

That's a good point. I have a friend who wanted to go into partnership with me a couple of years ago. I declined, because our circumstances and the way we work are so different that I knew it simply wouldn't work.

I have some days now when I need some help, so my eldest son and daughter take turns to do a day here and there with me. It works great because they are trained by me and do an excellent job.

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Walter Mitty

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2015, 06:32:06 am »
I've always preferred working alone, even before I started window cleaning.

Tom White

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2015, 08:28:24 am »

With kindness, mate, your priority should be your mental state and health, not your business. 

And stress is a funny thing; we could have the best work in the world and still feel stressed.

I hope you get it shorted, otherwise from the sounds of it, you're going to die soon.

Dave Willis

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2015, 11:28:46 am »
Let us know if you do.

(Get it sorted)  :)

Positivity

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2015, 12:32:33 pm »
Gerald how did you manage to lose everything to your partner?
Surely you should have something out of it - half the customers at least.
Was the vehicle his?

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2015, 12:44:36 pm »
Gerald how did you manage to lose everything to your partner?
Surely you should have something out of it - half the customers at least.
Was the vehicle his?

Reading between the lines it sounds like he was bullied out  >:(

I know how hard it must of been for Gerald getting himself sorted & building a business.  DO NOT GIVE UP!
But as Tosh mentioned please look after your health first.

Is there any chance you can get some of the customers without any agro from the business partner?

All the best Gerald.
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

slap bash

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2015, 04:20:29 pm »
Sorry mate but you seem to be on the right track so go for it.

Gerald Ash

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2015, 05:35:15 pm »
Thanks guys I appreciate all your kind words. To Tosh you are spot on but I've got to keep going or my health will decline.
When I started I was going to build up and employ people but now all I need is £50.00 a day and I can live like a king. That's my priority now to work to live not live to work.
Gloucester is quite full of windys but still lots of work going. I've had an offer of a job but because of my health I wouldn't be productive enough so work for myself is the only option.
The absolute problem is transport. I've no money to buy a car so it's a bit of a puzzle.
Can't get a loan and wouldn't borrow off of friends as to be blunt I could drop dead any minute and that's what the Cardiologist told me.
 The biggest plus is I'm not stressed anymore infact life is blissful to be honest. All I got to do is figure out how to get started.

stevon

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2015, 05:37:02 pm »
hope things go well for you.its not easy startin again but perhaps a blessing in disguise.did you not get anything in writing.is his name tonto turpin ???

Gerald Ash

« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2015, 05:51:19 pm »
He turned out to be a bit of a front bottom.
You live and learn. I will have a few customers when I get going again but shhhh, don't tell him.
I'm pricing well and cherry picking as soon as I can.

Ian101

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2015, 06:08:30 pm »
What I would do

1  Batter the canvassing area within walking distance of your home - no need for transport to start with.
2  Forget wfp for now - water too heavy to lug around plus with your dodgy ticker ...........................
3  Learn trad
4  Trad the upstairs with a pole and wagtail - see waggas you tube videos to see how its done .... if you make a few mistakes so what just a means to an end.
5  Save pennies for a motor

stevon

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2015, 06:14:18 pm »
totally agree take what is yours.you can trad carnt you Gerald.youll soon get fifty squid in.trad the lot.your custies know you.your on to a winner already.

tlwcs

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2015, 06:34:03 pm »
Sorry to learn of the situation .
Just a thought,  with such a small amount per day and your mobility/transport problems, offer to clean insides and downstairs outside only.
Create a round on a quarterly basis or even 6 monthly, you know the score.
Good luck with whatever you decide
Tony

Jonny 87

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2015, 07:51:55 pm »
What I would do

1  Batter the canvassing area within walking distance of your home - no need for transport to start with.
2  Forget wfp for now - water too heavy to lug around plus with your dodgy ticker ...........................
3  Learn trad
4  Trad the upstairs with a pole and wagtail - see waggas you tube videos to see how its done .... if you make a few mistakes so what just a means to an end.
5  Save pennies for a motor

Gerald this advice is probably the best here.

I know it may seem like there's no real way to get started, but this advice from Ian can work.

£50 a day should be easily achievable within walking distance from your home.

As tosh says though, keep your health (mentally and physically) as top priority and the rest will follow.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher