JackieW

Who's the most northerly based window cleaner here?
« on: March 17, 2013, 07:45:49 pm »
Having just seen the weather report and observed that it seems wetter/colder once again "up North", I was just wondering if there are any cleaners here from the Highlands.

colin purewater

Re: Who's the most northerly based window cleaner here?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 08:21:41 pm »
Stu mc is pretty far up there
keep it simple

richywilts

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 08:30:29 pm »
i dont window clean up there but before i window cleaned we worked for everest fitting fascias and worked up in john o groats right before xmas it was terrible only worked a week and most jobs got called off due to weather we were being paid a fortune too in terms of fitting upvc fascias, one job was about 100 yards from coastline it was bitterly cold an windy!!!

me and one of the lads were both nearly in tears driving from inverness to aberdeen one night we couldnt see a thing wipers on full whack with lorries driving towards us on single windy roads its horrific up there its was terrifying full respect for anyone working up that way
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

G Griffin

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2013, 08:31:46 pm »
No, Soapy Souter's farther up than Stu. He's in Aberdeen, I think.  
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

stuart mc

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2013, 08:33:37 pm »

soapy souter is about 100 miles north of me ;) and there will be few north of him

formb

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2013, 08:49:28 pm »
I have seen a few posts looking for window cleaners from Inverness. Can't remember any replies. There are a few from Aberdeen.

formb

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2013, 08:50:18 pm »

soapy souter is about 100 miles north of me ;) and there will be few north of him

Southern Softie.

stuart mc

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2013, 10:24:47 pm »
I have seen a few posts looking for window cleaners from Inverness. Can't remember any replies. There are a few from Aberdeen.

that was probably me, I have a childhood ex that wanted a window cleaner, ye teuchtor

AuRavelling79

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2013, 07:44:22 am »
Me.
signed
Father Christmas

Santa don't clean winders - 'e sweeps chimbleys!
It's a game of three halves!

Rob_Mac

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2013, 07:55:52 am »
I had a phone call from the Highlands about four years ago.

Can you get a team up here as soon as possible, must have been the winter that the whole country had bad snow.

I asked about the job and it was Chivas Regal - they wanted 3 foot of snow clearing from the roofs of their warehouses, apparently they have 50 somewhere up there.

I asked about the span of each unit and whether we could store the kit somewhere so it wouldn't freeze overnight, it ended up being a big no no, we couldn't get to the apex - they wanted the snow pressure washing off and couldn't even get there as the roads from here were so bad.

They had lost some of the roofs, which had fallen on stock underneath and lost £10 000 000 of stored whisky.

They ended up getting a helicopter in to use the downdraft, to blow the roofs clear!

Rob ;D

Richard Shepherd

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2013, 08:10:31 am »
A friend of mine lives in Wick, he has a window cleaner that uses wfp but says he is very sporadic.

Donnie Nicolson

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2013, 10:13:50 pm »
I do Window Cleaning in Stornoway, Western Isles of Scotland, last summer was hottest we have had in years, they even thought about a hosepipe ban, this winter we have had lots of cold weather but hardly any snow, mainland Scotland is getting hit hard but North West been a real mild winter, i also do power washing and wheelie bin cleaning and ive only missed 1 day this winter :), yep its normally worse but i aint gonna complain about that
So i reckon i might be the furthest North on here.

stuart mc

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2013, 11:37:28 pm »
I do Window Cleaning in Stornoway, Western Isles of Scotland, last summer was hottest we have had in years, they even thought about a hosepipe ban, this winter we have had lots of cold weather but hardly any snow, mainland Scotland is getting hit hard but North West been a real mild winter, i also do power washing and wheelie bin cleaning and ive only missed 1 day this winter :), yep its normally worse but i aint gonna complain about that
So i reckon i might be the furthest North on here.

well unless we get some one from the Orkneys or Shetland you are a winner ;) :D

C o z y

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2013, 07:48:16 am »

that was probably me, I have a childhood ex that wanted a window cleaner, ye teuchtor

;D ;D
No still don't understand, I must be thick