rich007

Account Books
« on: February 15, 2006, 02:56:09 pm »
Hi,
Would any one be able to show me how they do there account books?  If they did 15 house in a day for example would they log them all down for that day.  Or do people just right down what they earnt on that day. 

I soon will be taking over a round, just wondered how people do their books. Could any one help.

Thank you for you time.

Richard.

Sir Squeaky

Re: Account Books
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2006, 03:39:30 pm »
When used to use an accountant I broke it down to daily totals, but now I do it myself I only did weekly totals this year.

I pay in once a week, so I just total those up....

Rog.

Ken

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2006, 03:40:59 pm »
Go to georgesystems.co.uk. Really good bit of software that will do all you need and more!

DASERVICES

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2006, 03:53:32 pm »

I do mine on a spreadsheet that has all my customers on, the date they are
  done and payment is input each time. This links to other data that automatically
   tells what my monthly/yearly earnings/ profit /loss.

Once you have set it up pretty easy to maintain if you know excel formulas.

Doug

Paul Coleman

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2006, 07:56:27 pm »
Hi,
Would any one be able to show me how they do there account books?  If they did 15 house in a day for example would they log them all down for that day.  Or do people just right down what they earnt on that day. 

I soon will be taking over a round, just wondered how people do their books. Could any one help.

Thank you for you time.

Richard.

I keep a record of every job on the day it is done on a spreadsheet.  However, I only do this in case the authorities ever want to check up on me and if I ever need to reference anything myself..  My accountant requires less detail so I give him a list of daily income.  I keep the other records (such as name, phone number, amount of money owing (if any) on a database program.  I use a separate spreadsheet for expenditure.  I use Microsoft Works.

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2006, 08:02:47 pm »
Hi,

Thank you for you time.

Richard.

Not sure what you are asking, the george system does it all for me now, what i used to do was make a note of the work cleaned each day. I kept a record of all expenses, and gave them to my accountant.

I really would recommend an accountant, they have saved me £100's

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2006, 08:15:35 pm »
When you get self-assessed; the tax man will want to know the following:

Your turnover.

Your business expenditure.

If you visit your local library, you'll be able to borrow a book called, 'Self Assessment for the Self Employed'.

It's a boring read, but very usefull.

It'll tell you everything you need to know in very simple terms.

dave0123

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2006, 10:17:54 pm »
i just use george :D great bit of software for all your jobs and expenses etc, i jus log everyting in petrol equipment all the usal and keep the recipts. then print it all off george what you need keep it in a folder and give it to my acountant! does anyone else do the same ?? ? ?? ?

George really is great and for £50.00, saves hours of written work.

Dave
Dave.

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2006, 10:34:20 pm »
I'm thinking that way too dave I'm only in my first year though I'm sure george has enough info on it for tax returns.
I also keep my receipts in an envelope 1 for each week its marked w/ending date and the totals of the receipts for that week, I really cant see the inland revenue needing more info than George can provide
Sussex by the sea

dave0123

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2006, 10:51:11 pm »
yes igree also u keeping your recipets into order with your weeks and also the dates on george will help if you have an acountant, my accountant seems happy with it iv explaid it to her tho i havent actully give my books to her with george yet. she knows what shes talking about tho as she was a tax inspector the the inland revenue :o before leaving to be and accountant.

Dave.
Dave.